Let's Talk Aaron Donald

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
11 sacks, a million tackles behind the line and qb pressures.

3 games to go.

Only twice has Warren Saap posted more than 11 sacks in a season ('99 with 12.5 and '00 with 16.5).

Kid has hall of fame all over him.

How many sacks will he end up with?

With all the Negativity, this kid will lead an exciting defense for years.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Him and Brockers compliment each other really well. Then you throw Quinn in and we have a really good core. We just need to figure out the LDE spot, because Chris has been less than stellar the past 2 years. I know injuries and all that, but still.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
PFF has a new grouping of players, DI for defensive interior. The nice thing about this grouping is you can see Donald's grades right next to that other PFF darling and perennial DPOY, JJ Watt.

Cut to the chase, Donald still has a higher PFF grade than Watt, 72.1 vs 62.2. As a matter of fact, Donald is leading all players at all positions, offensive and defense. 2nd place is actually Khlalil Mack at 68.1.

PFF has a strange way of creating its own truth, if for no other reason than it's one of the only sources that grades overall performance on every player. It's trusted by many professional journalists who frankly don't have the time to watch and breakdown every game.

PFF grade was probably why Donald got DROY last year. If people voted on popularity contests and homerism, no way Donald is even top 10.

If Donald gets DPOY this year, it will likely have as much to do with his PFF grade as his sack total.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Donald is the best DT in the NFL period if this defence actually had some leads to protect his numbers would be even better.

Psycho_X

Legend
Donald is the best DT in the NFL period if this defence actually had some leads to protect his numbers would be even better.

Yeah, was funny watching them last week when we actually got a two touchdown lead. Donald was in their backfield every play it seemed like and Greg Williams was able to put his foot to their throat for once. This defense, if healthy and with a competent offense, would put up insane numbers.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Best DT in the NFL, bar none.

Yeah, I think that pretty much covers it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sapp makes me sick, just seeing that POS name makes my blood boil. He just beat up his girlfriend, and after the incident with the hookers that be hit he should be in jail. If you or I did that shit we'd be in prison.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to eat crow... when they drafted him, I voiced concern about his size... suggested he wouldn't make it in the NFL.

I was dead wrong... "speed kills".

Great pick!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think he ends up with 13 sacks and is pro bowl for what will be 10 straight years :)

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm glad I was so wrong about him. I thought he would be too small to play DT in the NFL. I was very wrong and couldn't be happier because of it.

He is the real deal. He's got Hall of Fame talent

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea...he usually eats up the Seahawks, so figure he'll get two sacks in that game.

Hopefully get one against Tampa Bay.

That'd put him at 14 going into the Niner game, which should motivate him to get past 16

fearsomefour

Legend
The single season record for a DT is 18 from Keith Millard.
The all time I could find for a DT is John Randle with 137.5 sacks.
So far in his career Donald has 20....only 118 left to go.

Rainram

Starter
th

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'd be tempted to get him playing on the other side of the ball too - I bet he'd be an awesome DT / QB combo - and I think the first ever ;)