Let's Have the Rubber Meet the Road EH? Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fire Fisher the during the season. Draft your Amari Cooper type with your 3-13 draft pick and hire a new coach who Wants to utilize Goff's talent.

Tennessee will have that pick.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Bleacher Report (take it with a grain of salt) says that unnamed Ram's coaches believe Goff should start over Keenum.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I don't like how Goff was handled... I get it, they want to make him work for it, he's really gotta earn it... And I dig that to be honest, I want him to succeed, and he needs to be good enough.

However I don't think they did everything they could to ease the transition, to get him ready. I'm not a fan of how that went down.

Then to have him inactive last night, just wasted everyone's time. Had he been dressed they could have brought him out to see what he can do. That does two things for me, that gives him reps, and just the fact of him being dressed tells Keenum he needs to play well or he's going to get yanked.

I don't disagree with any of that.

But thing is... it's Fish. It was predictable.

I'd make some more predictions that are pretty likely to come true based on his remarkable consistency... but the last stint only got a lot of folks upset. Not sure why, I'm not Fisher.

But I agree with you.

Hell, I'd have fired Fisher in the off-season and hired Stanford HC David Shaw. Now that I've seen his work, I think Jim Bob Cooter has passed him, but only slightly and because even after only ONE game, if you watch Matthew Stafford... hooo man, he looks better than he's looked in years! Definitely more comfortable and confident. He knew where he wanted to go and the ball got there. He didn't look lost or harried or like the game was constantly getting away from him like the last two years.

And rest assured, if we had Jim Bob Cooter or David Shaw, Goff would get the QB development he desperately needs which benefits this team tremendously.

I'm only pointing out the pitfalls with Fisher because... I see what's coming next and.. frankly.. with this peepshow... what else is there to do? Can't very well skip down the street and ignore the sinkholes...

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Really had to help Goffs confidence, watching who he had to beat out play so terrible, sigh... I mean Keenums play wasn't even close to acceptable, if I'm Goff I'm telling Fisher put me in I know I can do better than that..

Mick

Pro Bowler
I agree but I can't even close to seeing Keenum more than barely to blame...He had his hands (and feet) tied by Boras and Fisher...If they get jumped early next week it could be uglier than yesterday (hard as that is for me to imagine)...
I disagree...Keenum was wildly off target on so many throws, and his utter lack of arm strength was glaringly evident last night. I do agree that the plays he was given didn't help at all, but I can't take anymore weak passes that wouldn't register on a speed gun. He played terrible....and he can audible, or does he not have that freedom? If not, another reason to can him, Fisher, and the offensive staff...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If Keenum couldn't or wouldn't audible outta all the short throws and call ONE FADE PATTERN...ONE BACK SHOULDER THROW...or just can't see guys open downfield...Man I don't know what else to say...He's not an NFL QB....Must be some super nice guy...But no way in hell he can beat out any QB in a real competition...he didn't beat out Mannion imo...Had Mannion took snaps last year, he may have beaten out Goff...Keenum can't even throw the damn ball anymore with steam on it...all floaters and timing and dimes...okay....some rant against arm strength all day....Give Keenum a cannon, and he'd probably be decent...He still has accuracy & timing issues....

Oh yeah.... @Dagonet

Can't wait till the rubber burns this damn road up....

Last edited: