Let's Have the Rubber Meet the Road EH? Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Was in a discussion in the vent thread with @jrry32 . Good discussion btw, That said, I'm thinking and he's thinking, Goff should be starting for different reasons of course. :cool: Myself I thought we gave up to much and the kid was a reach. Jrry32 doesn't think that, and I respect his opinion. I'm ready to see the kid start just to see what he has, as jrry32 is ready to see him start. Mr. Fisher please end this debate. :)

You give up all these picks, take him #1 overall, and have him in street clothes? Worse case, go with Mannion who played college ball in a Pro Set, and have Goff ready in case? Myself, let's start Goff behind this OL and with our WR's, and see what transpires. The rubber shall hit the road.. :cool: I should do a poll.. lolol

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Like I said in another thread this should be left up to Fisher's replacement, otherwise it won't make any difference who is at QB.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Fuck yes. I can't take anymore of weak armed qbs. I don't care how badly he plays because he will get better. Case isn't getting any better.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Like I said in another thread this should be left up to Fisher's replacement, otherwise it won't make any difference who is at QB.
No matter how bad things get this year I can't see Fisher being fired right after a move. I could be wrong but that's my feeling on the matter.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Was in a discussion in the vent thread with @jrry32 . Good discussion btw, That said, I'm thinking and he's thinking, Goff should be starting for different reasons of course. :cool: Myself I thought we gave up to much and the kid was a reach. Jrry32 doesn't think that, and I respect his opinion. I'm ready to see the kid start just to see what he has, as jrry32 is ready to see him start. Mr. Fisher please end this debate. :)

You give up all these picks, take him #1 overall, and have him in street clothes? Worse case, go with Mannion who played college ball in a Pro Set, and have Goff ready in case? Myself, let's start Goff behind this OL and with our WR's, and see what transpires. The rubber shall hit the road.. :cool: I should do a poll.. lolol
If the team is held to less than ten points in the first half of the home opener you have to trot Goff onto the field after halftime to give the offense a shot in the arm and and give the fans a reason to cheer!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

With a scheme this broken, not sure it will matter.

But I said that before we drafted anyone...

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Doubt it matters, unless the kid calls the game.

The Seahawks gave a very competent four year starting qb for the Dophins a tough time last week. (dropped td pass and missed point blank fg lost the game for the Fins)

I bet thier defense can't wait to take the field against us.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
The individual at QB makes little difference. Until Fisher readjusts his philosophy it won't matter, and we know after 30 years Fisher won't change. He believes a QB's function is to "try to not lose", while the rest of the sane football universe has progressed to understanding a QB is the most important piece of winning a game. Why the hell do I want to see poor Goff sit back there waiting to get killed while 5 guys run around 2 yards beyond the line of scrimmage with no hope of being open because the defense has 10 guys crowding the line? No thanks, indoctrinating Goff into this Fisher cult of "offense exists solely to not lose while the defense wins" would be child abuse.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Give the ball to Goff let him learn on the fly. It can not get any worse the keenum smh

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Mannion should be the next guy up based on preseason play, if Keenum doesn't score a single point next week, we should look at a change.

If we start Goff in this crappy offense, with these WRs that cant catch,, and the Oline that cant block, we are going to give him the Bradford treatment and ruin him.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Give the ball to Goff let him learn on the fly. It can not get any worse the keenum smh

I agree but I can't even close to seeing Keenum more than barely to blame...He had his hands (and feet) tied by Boras and Fisher...If they get jumped early next week it could be uglier than yesterday (hard as that is for me to imagine)...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
People need to quit whining about how much the Rams gave up. Or that the Rams didn't take the QB they wanted. That stuff is in the rearview and there is zero value in dredging it up. Goff is a part of our team now and it is what it is; what matters now is the way forward.

Goff's play in preseason was so over-nuked it isn't funny. He made good throws and decisions for the most part, his primary issue was the protections. And when you have Fish and company saying they're not going to gameplan much for those games, how much did they focus on those protections? Maybe the rook needed some extra prep?

How will the kid play IF he gets all the prep on protections, scheme, etc for the opponent? We don't know that he's going to get killed. We do know that he can make all the throws, that he has the raw talent you want at the position. I do think at least that he is going to get better.

Keenum should play better against the Shehawks. Why? Because they're very basic in what they do. And Fish is going to make the team put pads on and block and tackle their @$$es off in practice this week so the run game will probably be there. But long term we are going to keep seeing the same "up one game, down the next" offensive production that has plagued us under Fish, because our QB is still not good enough.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The individual at QB makes little difference. Until Fisher readjusts his philosophy it won't matter, and we know after 30 years Fisher won't change. He believes a QB's function is to "try to not lose", while the rest of the sane football universe has progressed to understanding a QB is the most important piece of winning a game. Why the hell do I want to see poor Goff sit back there waiting to get killed while 5 guys run around 2 yards beyond the line of scrimmage with no hope of being open because the defense has 10 guys crowding the line? No thanks, indoctrinating Goff into this Fisher cult of "offense exists solely to not lose while the defense wins" would be child abuse.

The thing is with Goff they dont have to run 2 yard routes. Goff can throw quick slants over the DL, Keenum cant or wont, and it kills the O.

TexasRam

Legend
I don't want Goff under center this year. This is the worst possible system for a QB to hope for. A lot of false habits would have to be unlearned later.

Let Mannion take over and fight through the season. And get the rookie WR's some experience. Spruce, Thomas, Cooper etc.

Fire Fisher the during the season. Draft your Amari Cooper type with your 3-13 draft pick and hire a new coach who Wants to utilize Goff's talent.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I'm not sure how I Feel about anything right now. I'm just too stunned over last night's game! The poll sounds like a good idea, but I would say wait a couple of days so cooler heads can prevail!! (y);)

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
People need to quit whining about how much the Rams gave up. Or that the Rams didn't take the QB they wanted. That stuff is in the rearview and there is zero value in dredging it up. Goff is a part of our team now and it is what it is; what matters now is the way forward.

Goff's play in preseason was so over-nuked it isn't funny. He made good throws and decisions for the most part, his primary issue was the protections. And when you have Fish and company saying they're not going to gameplan much for those games, how much did they focus on those protections? Maybe the rook needed some extra prep?

How will the kid play IF he gets all the prep on protections, scheme, etc for the opponent? We don't know that he's going to get killed. We do know that he can make all the throws, that he has the raw talent you want at the position. I do think at least that he is going to get better.

Keenum should play better against the Shehawks. Why? Because they're very basic in what they do. And Fish is going to make the team put pads on and block and tackle their @$$es off in practice this week so the run game will probably be there. But long term we are going to keep seeing the same "up one game, down the next" offensive production that has plagued us under Fish, because our QB is still not good enough.

^ This. Lot's of reacting right now. I am still a little numb by the incompetence. I have to curl up in a shell here in the bay area for the next week, and just avoid media. But Merlin nailed it here with the longer term logic.

A55VA6

Legend
I'm not watching a game until Goff starts. Goff gives us the best chance.. Keenum looks like some high school QB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm not watching a game until Goff starts. Goff gives us the best chance.. Keenum looks like some high school QB.

What's terrible here is that the games this team looks like they won't win are the ones they show up for. Look at last year's results, it's ridiculous how many times they played up for a team they shouldn't beat, then down for a team they should beat. It's something about this team's DNA and why this game was one I viewed as so important to open the season.

Reason I'm so frustrated is that this is the same old sorry @$$ Fisher led Rams. They'll probably beat Seattle and pull the fans back in, then lose to Tampa Bay the following week. Then everyone will say the 1-2 Rams are going to get killed by Arizona, but wait, they'll probably win that game only to drop at least two of the next three which are all winnable before the bye (Bills, Lions, Giants).

So tired of this BS man. Just tired of being strung along and eventually disappointed. Fish already has the TEAM mentioning the Vikings of last year, giving them an out. But the Vikes of last year had a top 5 scoring defense, and there is no way this sorry, overrated squad does that.

More disappointment ahead, I am afraid.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't like how Goff was handled... I get it, they want to make him work for it, he's really gotta earn it... And I dig that to be honest, I want him to succeed, and he needs to be good enough.

However I don't think they did everything they could to ease the transition, to get him ready. I'm not a fan of how that went down.

Then to have him inactive last night, just wasted everyone's time. Had he been dressed they could have brought him out to see what he can do. That does two things for me, that gives him reps, and just the fact of him being dressed tells Keenum he needs to play well or he's going to get yanked.