Let’s get crazy! A trade offer for Manziel perhaps?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
So I realize I am going to be tarred and feathered for even suggesting such nonsense. Further, I concede that it is unlikely the Browns would jump at the trade offer I am about to suggest. However, I don’t care, as I am desperate to have some hope with a team that has so many other pieces in place and whether it’s Manziel, Bridgewater, or some other QB the thought of trading for help is attractive to me right now. Anyway, here we go…

Offer our first round pick next year to the Browns for Manziel.

Now, my immediate thought is that they would say no. But then again, I am not so sure that is the case. The Rams’ projected pick right now is going to be very, very high. The Browns, meanwhile, are very happy with Hoyer, and have struggled at times handling some of the very minor stories that have cropped up with Johnny Manziel. The thought of having two first round picks next year plus getting rid of the distraction of Johnny Football may be very tempting to them, particularly a high pick that they probably expect the Rams to have. Anyway, for the sake of discussion let’s assume they consider it.

My rationale for making this suggestion is as follows:

- Fisher is going to find a way to get enough wins to remove the Rams from the top 3 pick range. This team will not pick in the top ten, despite not having a QB. They would still have the rest of their picks to utilize with what is already a young and talented team. And it’s not like all these first round picks are translating into wins anyway.

- Fish is extremely good at handling the fringe type players who have a bit of a wild streak. He would be a great head coach for JM and would help him grow up as he learns the game.

- The Rams had at least one scout reportedly selling JM, so my assumption is they have a healthy respect for his skill set. Plus, Fish has also made positive comments about him prior to their preseason matchup.

- The offense has two large receivers who can highpoint and catch contested balls in Britt and Quick, and JM is very, very good at putting the ball up to his receivers and trusting them to make the play. That anticipation is one of his best assets.

- Manziel is also extremely accurate in his ball placement, along with a career high-60’s percentile completion percentage rate which is something that Fisher values greatly, given his continued comments with Bradford’s accuracy.

- The OL would be helped greatly by adding a mobile QB behind them. JM would give the Rams’ offense an unpredictable element that would extend drives and he would have no problem going off-script when a WR tells him a CB is playing him tight and disregarding the go route, or whatever, and making a “huddle adjustment” on Schotty.

- JM has very good quickness of decision making. He just operates mentally a tick faster than everyone else, which is the primary reason why I believe he is going to succeed in the NFL as a QB.

- He is cocky, and has the kind of swagger and confidence I would love to see permeate this craptastic offense of ours. Our offense lacks heart in my estimation. JM could go a long ways towards fixing that as he comes into his own at this level.

- His cap number is extremely favorable, and the Rams could move forward with a QB who brings many of the same elements you see with division leaders and SB champion Seattle, having him under contract and not needing to panic next year and overpay for a vet or overpay in picks to move up in the draft for a QB.

Lastly, I know many have a strong dislike for JM. I know he would take some time to be able to run the full offense. But the guy isn’t stupid, and at this point I’d take him reading half the field, or him running more simplistic plays off of play action and improvising when necessary, over what we have going on at QB.
Whether it’s JM or another QB who is currently on another team’s roster, a trade is something I hope Snead is considering, or even actively working.
I'm late this this thread but I brought the tar

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So I realize I am going to be tarred and feathered for even suggesting such nonsense. Further, I concede that it is unlikely the Browns would jump at the trade offer I am about to suggest. However, I don’t care, as I am desperate to have some hope with a team that has so many other pieces in place and whether it’s Manziel, Bridgewater, or some other QB the thought of trading for help is attractive to me right now. Anyway, here we go…

Offer our first round pick next year to the Browns for Manziel.

Now, my immediate thought is that they would say no. But then again, I am not so sure that is the case. The Rams’ projected pick right now is going to be very, very high. The Browns, meanwhile, are very happy with Hoyer, and have struggled at times handling some of the very minor stories that have cropped up with Johnny Manziel. The thought of having two first round picks next year plus getting rid of the distraction of Johnny Football may be very tempting to them, particularly a high pick that they probably expect the Rams to have. Anyway, for the sake of discussion let’s assume they consider it.

My rationale for making this suggestion is as follows:

- Fisher is going to find a way to get enough wins to remove the Rams from the top 3 pick range. This team will not pick in the top ten, despite not having a QB. They would still have the rest of their picks to utilize with what is already a young and talented team. And it’s not like all these first round picks are translating into wins anyway.

- Fish is extremely good at handling the fringe type players who have a bit of a wild streak. He would be a great head coach for JM and would help him grow up as he learns the game.

- The Rams had at least one scout reportedly selling JM, so my assumption is they have a healthy respect for his skill set. Plus, Fish has also made positive comments about him prior to their preseason matchup.

- The offense has two large receivers who can highpoint and catch contested balls in Britt and Quick, and JM is very, very good at putting the ball up to his receivers and trusting them to make the play. That anticipation is one of his best assets.

- Manziel is also extremely accurate in his ball placement, along with a career high-60’s percentile completion percentage rate which is something that Fisher values greatly, given his continued comments with Bradford’s accuracy.

- The OL would be helped greatly by adding a mobile QB behind them. JM would give the Rams’ offense an unpredictable element that would extend drives and he would have no problem going off-script when a WR tells him a CB is playing him tight and disregarding the go route, or whatever, and making a “huddle adjustment” on Schotty.

- JM has very good quickness of decision making. He just operates mentally a tick faster than everyone else, which is the primary reason why I believe he is going to succeed in the NFL as a QB.

- He is cocky, and has the kind of swagger and confidence I would love to see permeate this craptastic offense of ours. Our offense lacks heart in my estimation. JM could go a long ways towards fixing that as he comes into his own at this level.

- His cap number is extremely favorable, and the Rams could move forward with a QB who brings many of the same elements you see with division leaders and SB champion Seattle, having him under contract and not needing to panic next year and overpay for a vet or overpay in picks to move up in the draft for a QB.

Lastly, I know many have a strong dislike for JM. I know he would take some time to be able to run the full offense. But the guy isn’t stupid, and at this point I’d take him reading half the field, or him running more simplistic plays off of play action and improvising when necessary, over what we have going on at QB.
Whether it’s JM or another QB who is currently on another team’s roster, a trade is something I hope Snead is considering, or even actively working.

F U C K That!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I'll steal some of that crazy. Fuck Johnny Douchebag I'd take TEBOW first!:snicker: