Lets Deal With Fan Overconfidence, Fallacy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm still confused about the context of this thread...

I'm sometimes an overconfident fan but this thread has me confused even with the explanations.

royalty-free-clip-art-man-of-doubt-thumbnail.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm still confused about the context of this thread...

I'm sometimes an overconfident fan but this thread has me confused even with the explanations.

royalty-free-clip-art-man-of-doubt-thumbnail.jpg
Fundamentally, it’s about magical thinking. I am saying that my overconfidence, which I mention that I am on purpose at times, doesn’t create and positive or negative vibes/consequences, except maybe I have to eat crow if I’m wrong.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sometimes you must move the Cosmos with positive affirmations of greatness, and some KFC sacrifices to Jobu....

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Admittingly, I came into this game a bit overconfident and it really showed that first quarter. But I toughen up, pulled my big boy paints up and focused on the game plan. I really turned it on the 2nd quarter and by the end of the 3rd I was rolling…cruised to win.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Fundamentally, it’s about magical thinking. I am saying that my overconfidence, which I mention that I am on purpose at times, doesn’t create and positive or negative vibes/consequences, except maybe I have to eat crow if I’m wrong.

are you kidding me i think you are saying there are no football gods that are out to get me. that just does not explain why every time i get over confident we take an unexplained beating and when i get truely negative we pull out a great win just to pull me back in. someday i am going to find a way to asgard and i'm taking Aaron donald with me and were going to kick some loki ass

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
We already saw it against the Cardinals. Cards are better than we thought, but no way we look that bad if we hadn't let down after the TB game and looked past them to the Seahawks game. The Rams were at least as bad as they were in the Jets game.
You're talking about the difference in playing a well deserved undefeated team
and a well deserved winless team.
If I'm not mistaken the conversation was about losing to teams that are very bad.
Two completely different things.

Tano

Legend
are you kidding me i think you are saying there are no football gods that are out to get me. that just does not explain why every time i get over confident we take an unexplained beating and when i get truely negative we pull out a great win just to pull me back in. someday i am going to find a way to asgard and i'm taking Aaron donald with me and were going to kick some loki ass
I just want to drink with Thor

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just want to drink with Thor
I heard that Thor was a mean-assed drunk. Ya know that Hurricane Katrina thing a few years back?

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
You're talking about the difference in playing a well deserved undefeated team
and a well deserved winless team.
If I'm not mistaken the conversation was about losing to teams that are very bad.
Two completely different things.
Yeah, I really didn't think the Cards were that good until after the Browns game so at the time of my post I thought it appropriate. But lets face it, that cards game was just as disappointing as the Jets game.