Late 70's Party Beers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Clearly, you don't go to @Loyal for beer advice. He wouldn't know a good beer if he was fermented with it.

Mickey's Big Mouth was one of the staples for partying. Schlitz Malt Liquor or Colt 45 for shot gunning. Lowenbrau, Carlsburg Elephant, and Moose Head for the import of the times. Oly, Hamm's, and PBR, if you already spent all your party funds on weed.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Clearly, you don't go to @Loyal for beer advice. He wouldn't know a good beer if he was fermented with it.

Mickey's Big Mouth was one of the staples for partying. Schlitz Malt Liquor or Colt 45 for shot gunning. Lowenbrau, Carlsburg Elephant, and Moose Head for the import of the times. Oly, Hamm's, and PBR, if you already spent all your party funds on weed.
So says a gourmand with a blind side toward Hawaiian Pizzas and ignorance toward CGI's Party Beer of all time, Natty Ice Dark! @CGI_Ram

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

So says a gourmand with a blind side toward Hawaiian Pizzas and ignorance toward CGI's Party Beer of all time, Natty Ice Dark! @CGI_Ram

tenor.gif

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I dunno. Never tried it. If I do drink beer it’s usually Ronas with lime. If I don’t drink beer, it’s usually Irish whiskey or a fat spliff.

Irish whiskey? IRISH?

You're dead to me.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
lol. Peasant.
Try a 12 year old single malt Knappogue Castle & get back to me.

I love me some Irish whiskey, I have a lovely Redbreast 12yo single pot still in my collection. But I love me some Scotch more. Oh well, more for me!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I love me some Irish whiskey, I have a lovely Redbreast 12yo single pot still in my collection. But I love me some Scotch more. Oh well, more for me!
Oh I'm not opposed to Scotch whiskey. My favorite is probably Bowmore. I like whiskeys that have a vanilla or chocolate aroma and palate. That one almost has both, with a little smoke mixed in.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Oh I'm not opposed to Scotch whiskey. My favorite is probably Bowmore. I like whiskeys that have a vanilla or chocolate aroma and palate. That one almost has both, with a little smoke mixed in.
1599414111319.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My everyday....Screw that foreign shyte! ~ @-X-
1599437193774.png

-X- approves!
1599437244259.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@CGI_Ram This is what I was talking about. Have you ever seen the push button beer cans? I don't know why, but I was fascinated by the mechanism when I was young.
1599438193984.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
@CGI_Ram This is what I was talking about. Have you ever seen the push button beer cans? I don't know why, but I was fascinated by the mechanism when I was young.
View attachment 38737

I don’t recall seeing many of those push buttons, having handled them over some years. I think there are some, but I packed it away again.

Most if not nearly all, pull tab.

Man... when I ripped off that pull tab... it felt familiar. The ring once removed, sort of “stuck” embedded in my finger from the force to remove it (if you remember how they did that). :)

Wild. I have a few more I should pull... can’t believe they haven’t exploded.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t recall seeing many of those push buttons, having handled them over some years. I think there are some, but I packed it away again.

Man... when I ripped off that pull tab... it felt familiar. The ring once removed, sort of “stuck” embedded in my finger from the force to remove it (if you remember how they did that). :)

and continue to drink deeply? That's some fine aged lager right there

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Talking about those pull tabs gave me a flashback.

Many years ago I was over in the Bahamas on a diving trip. There was this older couple who had retired and moved over to the Bahamas and started a diving business. The wife of this couple was infatuated with green moray eels. Their dive business centered around this.

This lady had been going out to the reef and feeding these green morays daily (sometimes multiple times a day) for a long time. These eels got to the point that they never moved from this one area... they just learned to sit tight and wait for the crazy lady to bring them their meals. They were big too... one of them is the biggest eel I have ever seen. She got these monsters to the point that they ate out of her hand... and the super giant one would let her wrap her arms around it's neck like a hug. It was so big that she could barely get her arms all the way around it. It was crazy. I had seen pics... but I wanted to see this in person.... so I booked a trip with them.

At that time, pull tops were no longer available in the US. But over in the Bahamas they were still out. I remember being surprised to actually see a pull top can. It was just me and my girlfriend on the boat with this couple. As we were headed out to the reef where the eels were waiting for food I pulled the tab off of some kind of canned beverage. I also remember thinking... damn, what do I do with this tab now that I pulled it off... it had been a while since I had to even think about that. So,,, I casually flipped the stupid thing over the side of the boat. Holy Fuck Batman was that a mistake!

As soon as I tossed it overboard... the crazy eel lady starts freaking out. She screams to the husband to stop the boat, and at the same time she is swan diving over the side of the boat that I had tossed the tab over. She went down with no mask or fins and did her best to try and find that tab. After many attempts to find it, she gave up and climbed back in the boat. She then starts telling me how she feared that a fish might swallow that shiny tab as it made it's way to the bottom. She was super concerned about it. She was a true protector of sea life. I saw her point... but especially back in those days, I thought she was looney. Those pull off tabs really where a problem though now that you think about it. Hell, even Jimmy Buffet sang about blowing out his flip flop on a pop top. It's great that those things were done away with.

That couple ended up having to close their business not long after I went out and watched this lady feed and hug the eels. One of those nasty fuckers damn near killed her one day when it aggressively wanted to eat.

Down at the house in the Keys we just left... there are 3 green morays that live in the rocks along the sea wall in the backyard. They wait for the daily fish carcasses that I would toss in the water when we'd clean fish. They will stick their heads completely out of the water trying to get the scraps. My boys were hand feeding them until I told them about that crazy lady. After that, we would feed them using a gaff so nobody would lose a finger or hand. They are very strong... we even started to play tug of war with them.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Talking about those pull tabs gave me a flashback.

Many years ago I was over in the Bahamas on a diving trip. There was this older couple who had retired and moved over to the Bahamas and started a diving business. The wife of this couple was infatuated with green moray eels. Their dive business centered around this.

This lady had been going out to the reef and feeding these green morays daily (sometimes multiple times a day) for a long time. These eels got to the point that they never moved from this one area... they just learned to sit tight and wait for the crazy lady to bring them their meals. They were big too... one of them is the biggest eel I have ever seen. She got these monsters to the point that they ate out of her hand... and the super giant one would let her wrap her arms around it's neck like a hug. It was so big that she could barely get her arms all the way around it. It was crazy. I had seen pics... but I wanted to see this in person.... so I booked a trip with them.

At that time, pull tops were no longer available in the US. But over in the Bahamas they were still out. I remember being surprised to actually see a pull top can. It was just me and my girlfriend on the boat with this couple. As we were headed out to the reef where the eels were waiting for food I pulled the tab off of some kind of canned beverage. I also remember thinking... damn, what do I do with this tab now that I pulled it off... it had been a while since I had to even think about that. So,,, I casually flipped the stupid thing over the side of the boat. Holy Fuck Batman was that a mistake!

As soon as I tossed it overboard... the crazy eel lady starts freaking out. She screams to the husband to stop the boat, and at the same time she is swan diving over the side of the boat that I had tossed the tab over. She went down with no mask or fins and did her best to try and find that tab. After many attempts to find it, she gave up and climbed back in the boat. She then starts telling me how she feared that a fish might swallow that shiny tab as it made it's way to the bottom. She was super concerned about it. She was a true protector of sea life. I saw her point... but especially back in those days, I thought she was looney. Those pull off tabs really where a problem though now that you think about it. Hell, even Jimmy Buffet sang about blowing out his flip flop on a pop top. It's great that those things were done away with.

That couple ended up having to close their business not long after I went out and watched this lady feed and hug the eels. One of those nasty fuckers damn near killed her one day when it aggressively wanted to eat.

Down at the house in the Keys we just left... there are 3 green morays that live in the rocks along the sea wall in the backyard. They wait for the daily fish carcasses that I would toss in the water when we'd clean fish. They will stick their heads completely out of the water trying to get the scraps. My boys were hand feeding them until I told them about that crazy lady. After that, we would feed them using a gaff so nobody would lose a finger or hand. They are very strong... we even started to play tug of war with them.
Those green eels are super cool. We only saw one big one while driving the shallow reefs but it had to be at least 9' long and the yellow teeth were pretty fucking intimidating. Our dive master later told us that they are not the ones to really worry about. The small ones will grab almost anything and about the only way to get them off something like a hand or finger is to cut their head off as they have four rows of teeth top and bottom, all pointing toward their throat. He was saying NEVER point at one of them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Anyone else used to flip the ring part with the tab? I still find them around the lakes. They have to be this kind.
1599670456425.png

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Those green eels are super cool. We only saw one big one while driving the shallow reefs but it had to be at least 9' long and the yellow teeth were pretty fucking intimidating. Our dive master later told us that they are not the ones to really worry about. The small ones will grab almost anything and about the only way to get them off something like a hand or finger is to cut their head off as they have four rows of teeth top and bottom, all pointing toward their throat. He was saying NEVER point at one of them.

I don't trust any of them... large or small. I've had run-ins with both. When it comes to them thinking a meal is involved... they are way more dangerous than sharks. Those fuckers will eat anything. Sharks usually only eat fish and they can see well... eels have terrible eye sight but a great sense of smell.

I've had big green morays come out of a hole and grab lobsters right off of my spear. One time... a big one grabbed my lobster and the end of my spear. He proceeded to yank me down into this big cavern he was hiding in that went way back under a tiny island. The strength was unbelievable... He was easily pulling my entire body with him since I had nothing to brace myself against. Luckily he managed to get most of the lobster off of the spear or I would have had to let the spear go.

Another thing that causes us problems with them sometimes is when we chum around some patch reefs with lobster heads. We mash up some lobster heads a little in a 5 gallon bucket and them dump them on the bottom about 15 feet away from the reef. That will draw out some of the big grouper and snapper away from their holes so you can get a clean shot at them with a spear. Well, it also brings the eels out sometimes. Small ones, big ones... it doesn't matter. When they start feeding... you don't want to be anywhere close to them. They go crazy... and remember... they can't see for shit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
they can't see for shit.
Yep. He warned about that too.

Trust me. When the surge brought us closer to him and he started doing this barking thing under water, we got the hell away from him. Apparently, he was a fixture in that reef and had been there for years.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
MODS derailing an important, thread ALERT! (bastids!)

@Selassie I It's funny that as soon as you asked 'What do you do with a pull tab?" Causing the eel lady to dive into the ocean to save Flipper. Immediately, a thought surfaced from 50 years ago. *you pull the tab and squeeze it into the opening of the drink and try not to swallow it as you drink.
Also thinks *young-uns, bless their hearts..."

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Full thread momentary thread derailment.

@RamFan503

Here's a couple of super short vids that one of my son's friends took of some of the eel action we had about a week ago. This was before we got aggressive with THEM. LOL

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Here's the other one. The eel snatched it right off. We got smart and started tug of wars later. No vids of the insanity unfortunately.