Last play of the game - Rams v Detroit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Seems like most of us have the same perception, more or less, with respect to the last play.

Tough way to end it.

But that game was lost due to several other factors.

Case's good game was a result of his own performance, Boras' job, and the wideouts having a really good game (!). Too bad someone/anyone on D couldn't step up.

I would counter with it would of been nice for the offense to bail out the D for once. The defense has bailed out this offense so many other times it would of been nice to see the reverse.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
what're they giving away free watermelon and chicken today?"

Dude.

I smacked that guy in the jaw so hard his hat went back 4 rows

Good for you X.Those types I will never understand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I can see why Keenum made that throw, I think he had the look he wanted.

That's also a throw that Goff can make, and I mean the exact same play, coverage, everything, that's a ball that Goff can complete.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Yeah, that's how I see it. He woulda dropped it right in there too if Bush didn't read it perfectly.
Would have been nice if there was another receiver on that side, but whaddaya gonna do?
Yeah a receiver running a corner route would a have freed him up.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
2 9's, a post in the seam, what looked like a comeback, and Gurley.
Kinda surprised they didn't try to work the sidelines, but ... like you said .... is what it is.

im not sure who it is, but the top wr on the screen I believe also had a 9 but it was one of those convert into a comeback depending on coverage. could be wrong but it looks that way to me. and i wasnt sure what to make of kendricks route but seems more streak than post. either way think we agree it was really creative and the checkdown was the right decision to be made

fearsomefour

Legend
Tell me about it. Now I can understand why you were pissed. About 20 years ago I went to a Rams game down in Miami with some friends who were all Dolphins fans. Free ticket, so yeah. Absolutely I'll go. Anyway, Bruce had purchased an entire section of the stadium for underprivileged kids, and all of them were in the stands wearing Bruce jerseys that he also bought for them. It was the most awesome thing I'd seen, so I went over and mingled a little. Turns out he gave to this Organization rather generously every year, because it's where he hung out when he was a kid to stay out of trouble (Bruce was born & raised in South Florida and had 10 siblings). I think there were at least 80 - if not 100 kids there. It was really cool. So anyway, around the 3rd quarter, some drunken asshat degenerate Dolphins fan walks over to me, leans over the railing separating our two sections, while reeking of stale Miami stadium crap draft beer, and says, "Hey <nudge nudge> what're they giving away free watermelon and chicken today?"

Dude.

I smacked that guy in the jaw so hard his hat went back 4 rows (I was on roids at the time).

Luckily anyone who saw it didn't say anything, and my friends rushed me out of the stadium and into the truck faster than Austin runs a 40.
Ever since then I developed a pretty seething hatred for all things Miami.
So yeah, I get it. lol.
Everything about that story was awesome.
"I was on roids at the time..." Great line.
I don't condone violence, but, good on you.
I always like how Bruce carried himself. Quiet and classy. Dude took care of business.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Just watching Keenum and his emotions in those situations. I think he just gets too excited/anxious/upper emotions. He isn't very good about pushing those anxious feelings away. Late game situation like that he tunnels up from it all.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Just watching Keenum and his emotions in those situations. I think he just gets too excited/anxious/upper emotions. He isn't very good about pushing those anxious feelings away. Late game situation like that he tunnels up from it all.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Slightly off topic but I learn more watching a game with Chris Spielman doing the colour commentary than with anyone else.

Every single replay he's saying something instructive. One example being when he talked about Hayes going low on a pulling guard to create a blockage that stopped a Lions RB. Or when he talked about keying in on the angle of a receivers shoulders to tell where he's running.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The deep safety on the left broke to the right side before Case threw the ball. If Case would have then threw to Austin he had his guy beat and it would have been a TD. Like everyone has said would of could of should of! No one can question Case's gut and drive and he is easy to root for.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
The deep safety on the left broke to the right side before Case threw the ball. If Case would have then threw to Austin he had his guy beat and it would have been a TD. Like everyone has said would of could of should of! No one can question Case's gut and drive and he is easy to root for.

Looks to me like the safety broke before the ball was thrown. You simply can not stare down your target in the NFL. Bradford learned that (unfortunately post Rams) and look at him now. If Case pump fakes to Kendricks, we have a big play opportunity elsewhere.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keenum's last two series show why he is what he is.

He had a great game, and this loss was not his fault - but at the same time, a franchise QB wins that game with how badly the Lions defense is.

Don't misunderstand - this loss was 10000% on the defense (and defensive coaches, including Fisher).

But even in his best game as a pro, you can see why we will eventually need to upgrade the position. When we needed it most, our offense was nowhere to be found.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I've watched it and watched it - damn good play by the DB - that could have been a rams ball, but the DB just rocked it.

Credit where credit's due.