Last in the NFL in Sacks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Maybe they just got overconfident or something with all the hype, but it's disappointing to say the least

jdhommert

Rookie
We didn't even get one single QB hit registered today.

I think we only have 6 on the year, in 3 games.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That just killed me

Alec Ogletree drives me nuts. The guy oozes talent and yet shows no consistency. How he got juked by Romo on that play, I don't know. If he makes that tackle, Romo is a good 4 yards short of the marker. Instead, the guy doesn't even get a hand on him. Break down and make the freaking tackle. Romo isn't going to outrun you to space. There's no reason for you to overrun that play. It's 3rd down, play it safe. Just stupid. Britt also set me off before we got stopped on 4th down because he didn't get up-field to the marker when he caught the ball 6 inches short of it...instead, he continued to run east-west.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Not an excuse maker but these guys are being held. Especially Quinn. What sucks is teams are realizing that the ref's are letting it go.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Maybe they'll call holding if we put Quinn at receiver. Apparently that's all they pay attention to anymore.

fearsomefour

Legend
All this "Williams aggressiveness" we heard in the preseason hasn't shown up on game day.
Pass rush has gone from the forefront to forgotten.
QBs are completing nearly 70% of passes vs. this D. High yards per attempt rushing the ball. Starting to see some turnover results, but, all the risk will lead to some big plays every week. Maybe there is a curve the Rams have not mastered yet with Williams, or, maybe it was just more hype.
So far, Williams grade to me is an F.

fearsomefour

Legend
And I would bet if you watch a replay there is atleast 1 OL holding to give romo the time and space for that run. You cannot fault the DL for being held on every play. I know holding could be called on almost every play, but the officials need to call it when it has a direct impact on the result of the play.
So, wait and see the result of the play, then throw the flag?
Is that what happened to Oakland today at the end of the game?

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
We need to spend more high first round picks on the Dline.

Last edited:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Today's problem might have had something to do with all the 3 man fronts we played out there. That, along with the blitzes that didn't get there. Or, the sack that got negated due to the phantom holding call on Sims.

AZRamsFan93

Pass rush has gone from the forefront to forgotten.
QBs are completing nearly 70% of passes vs. this D. High yards per attempt rushing the ball. Starting to see some turnover results, but, all the risk will lead to some big plays every week. Maybe there is a curve the Rams have not mastered yet with Williams, or, maybe it was just more hype.
So far, Williams grade to me is an F.
Only one nit to pick: opposing QBs are not completing nearly 70% of their passes! they are completing 73.9% of their passes. Other than that fact, our inability to stop the run, and our near complete lack of pressure on the QB, the defense is just fine....

fearsomefour

Legend
Only one nit to pick: opposing QBs are not completing nearly 70% of their passes! they are completing 73.9% of their passes. Other than that fact, our inability to stop the run, and our near complete lack of pressure on the QB, the defense is just fine....
I was ball parking....but thanks for the correction.
Frustrating. Particularly for a D that is not always the best tackling D. A lot off footballs getting into other teams playmakers hands.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I think the term for that is "whistling through the graveyard". :)
Whistling_PastTheGraveyard_300x295.jpg

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think the term for that is "whistling through the graveyard". :)

Spot on lol! I've never heard that before. Ah, I went to that game with close friends, of whom are Cowboys fans. They were sick to their stomachs early in that game... just sick. They were really scared late, too. We did our think with the freaky ways to freak up a dream and didn't overcome them. I think our season is over, in terms of post season. But I had so much dang fun that I only feel love for how our guys played.

Cowboys were gonna make big plays. They have an outstanding OL, very good receiving options, and Murry is playing great. We looked out of place with that big lead and laxed a bit. We made so many mistakes in key moments, but we did more things right than wrong in my book. This is the best we've looked all year, really. Shoot, Im just glad Davis is our minor miracle at QB. He doesn't look no where close to the guy we cut last year. If somebody can't be happy about that then they don't realize how much worse it could be.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I don't watch the dl the whole game but one thing I noticed last year is that we ran A LOT of dl stunts. I can't recall seeing too many in the past 3 weeks. And gw is turning on the blitzes we aren't getting home tho and we consistently leave the middle of the field open on blitzes. And why do we keep blitzing jl55. .. the guy is too slow

paceram

Pro Bowler
Seems like it was not too long ago that there was a lot of talk that the Rams would have a good shot at breaking the NFL Season Sack Record this season. Well, that probably won't happen this season but it won't surprise me to see it happen sometime in the future with a healthy Chris Long and a more experienced Ethan Westbrooks (I think he is going to be really good!). No doubt losing Chris Long was a major blow to the Rams Defense due to his play and his on-field leadership!