Last in the NFL in Sacks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Rams entered Week 3 tied w/ Indy for last in sacks. Both teams had just one. Now that Indy had 4 against the Jags...Rams are alone in last place.

Who saw this coming? Sack City my arse.

Anyone have any good theories on why this is happening? Is it quick passes? Is it the absence of Long? Is the group just not that talented to begin with? What in the hell is going on with this group?

And I know Quinn bought himself the benefit of the doubt with that great season last year. We've offered him a lot of nice excuses this season (holding, double team, etc). But he's been just as invisible as anyone. We're talking about a guy that made an impact on nearly every play last year... he's now a ghost.

What a disappointment this group has been.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
All this "Williams aggressiveness" we heard in the preseason hasn't shown up on game day.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
The whole team has played poorly besides a select few players. Our defense has been awful when we should have gotten better, it's basically the same players. Williams has to be the reason.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I'm sure OCs around the league are aware of the talent the Rams have on the DL and go into every game with a plan to negate the pass rush. A combination of holds and quick passes and a commitment to running the ball would be the most obvious.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
You can't play call a good defense into one sack in 3 games.

The issue seems to be that the Rams have a lot of individuals who read a lot about how bad ass they are and like most of their generation.....thats all it takes.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
What about Romo's run on 3rd down. Pitiful D

And I would bet if you watch a replay there is atleast 1 OL holding to give romo the time and space for that run. You cannot fault the DL for being held on every play. I know holding could be called on almost every play, but the officials need to call it when it has a direct impact on the result of the play.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
The Rams Defense seems to be looking around and waiting for something to happen instead of making something happen!

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Refs always suck.....we won last week because of a lame play and we have benefited from calls in our past. Its weakness to look to the Refs as why someone loses.

If our defense plays well we win 31-10............ its always the team that wins or loses.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If our defense plays well we win 31-10.
Agreed. Dallas stepped up slightly on offense after being down 0-21
Our D couldn't stop them at all for the next two and a half quarters. Then the ridiculous flags in the 4th qtr did nothing but help Dallas even more. Our D FAILED today. Its the worst defense in the division right now. Just a couple notches below SF.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The Rams Defense seems to be looking around and waiting for something to happen instead of making something happen!

Almost every time they make something happen they get penalized with some BS call

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Refs always suck.....we won last week because of a lame play and we have benefited from calls in our past. Its weakness to look to the Refs as why someone loses.

If our defense plays well we win 31-10............ its always the team that wins or loses.

The officials were directly responsible for more than 10 of dallas' points.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Agreed. Dallas stepped up slightly on offense after being down 0-21
Our D couldn't stop them at all for the next two and a half quarters. Then the ridiculous flags in the 4th qtr did nothing but help Dallas even more. Our D FAILED today. Its the worst defense in the division right now. Just a couple notches below SF.

When the D did stop them they got fucked with BS calls.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle

I know what you're saying man, and I usually take this stance on the typical bitching about the refs. It's a lame argument to make because everyone has to deal with it. But to be honest, I watch a lot of football every week and I rarely see calls like we had today. When Mike Perreria is saying it was a bad call - multiple times - and Howie Long is saying it is "horrible," then there's a problem with the ref squad. A team can only overcome so much.

AZRamsFan93

I'm sure OCs around the league are aware of the talent the Rams have on the DL and go into every game with a plan to negate the pass rush. A combination of holds and quick passes and a commitment to running the ball would be the most obvious.
So the opposing coaches have adjusted to our defense? What have our coaches done to adjust to that?

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I'm sorry but the lack of sacks is mainly on the play calls IMO
We have the best pass rusher in the game, we also have the best up and coming pass rusher in Aaron Donald.

What is seriously frustrating though, where the hell is this aggressive gregg williams defence.. All we heard this off season was how great it is, how aggressive it is.
That's been the most disappointing by far
"Sack city" and "defend our turf" are looking as ridiculous as "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Athos

Legend
Some is on no calls on Quinn holds.

But our D is playing reactionary, slow, and weak and don't seem to be schemed correctly.

The benefit of our D is their lightning quickness off the snap. At least, that's what I thought last year and the year before... They all seem slow to the QB. And not enough instinctive, trust the eyes play either.

And I just don't think the team is adapting to GW's style for w/e reason.

duckhunter

Starter
I watched Brocker's beat the guard up the middle on one pass play and the guard is on Brocker's side holding his jersey on the front and back high. The guard was holding on for life and has his legs dragging on the ground, yet no holding call.

It's pure cheating condoned by Football Unadulterated Chickenshyte Klusterfuck League.