Last 5 games, rams have allowed 272 rushing yards

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Best 5-game stretch in Rams history (1940 to present)

Next--1965 Rams had a 5-game stretch of 281.

This line has beaten the Fearsome Foursome .. . not bad

It also has been the best 6-game stretch in Rams history.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
And I can't stress this enough this is only the beginning they're going to get much better.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nice. Alfred Morris, 6 yards on 8 carries. lol. Seems to be a trend to force teams to abandon the run (because it's not there) and try to pass, which subsequently plays right into our strengths. Badass defense taking shape here, fellas. Bad. Ass.

V3

Hall of Fame
Nice. Alfred Morris, 6 yards on 8 carries. lol. Seems to be a trend to force teams to abandon the run (because it's not there) and try to pass, which subsequently plays right into our strengths. Badass defense taking shape here, fellas. Bad. Ass.
My dad had Morris for fantasy football. He was pissed. :ROFLMAO:

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
All these stats are like crack. You just can't get enough.

yeah, I just hope we aren't jonesing tomorrow night. And by the way, if we hold Cards to under 126 yards we will have best 7-game stretch in Rams history . . .at least since 1940. I am not sure 1937-39 are available game-by-game, Elias Sports Bureau may have them, but they are not sharing.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
So tomorrow will be the Rams 2nd game against the Cards in the aforementioned 5 game streak. Last game, the Cards got 28 yards on 22 carries. I don't see the Cards beating that 5 game average of 54.4 yards, especially
  • without Ellington and without Palmer (who kept the defense honest with high IQ and quick passes)
  • with the Cards O Line additionally beatup
  • the Rams now having extreme confidence in their D
  • in the Ed Jones dome
Look for the Rams D to shut down the running game (again), make the Cards one-dimensional (again), and for Stanton to play more to his career averages rather than that fluky craziness he surprised the Rams with last time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
yeah, I just hope we aren't jonesing tomorrow night. And by the way, if we hold Cards to under 126 yards we will have best 7-game stretch in Rams history . . .at least since 1940. I am not sure 1937-39 are available game-by-game, Elias Sports Bureau may have them, but they are not sharing.
Do you have a subscription to STATS, LLC or access to Elias?

jjab360

Legend
So tomorrow will be the Rams 2nd game against the Cards in the aforementioned 5 game streak. Last game, the Cards got 28 yards on 22 carries. I don't see the Cards beating that 5 game average of 54.4 yards, especially
  • without Ellington and without Palmer (who kept the defense honest with high IQ and quick passes)
  • with the Cards O Line additionally beatup
  • the Rams now having extreme confidence in their D
  • in the Ed Jones dome
Look for the Rams D to shut down the running game (again), make the Cards one-dimensional (again), and for Stanton to play more to his career averages rather than that fluky craziness he surprised the Rams with last time.
Can someone remind when the last time a team had negative rushing yards in a game was?

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Do you have a subscription to STATS, LLC or access to Elias?
No, and I think those subscriptions are for recent years. To get Rams rushing stats and rushing allowed you'd have to call Seymour Siwoff and ask . . . and they don't share. I wish I had 1937-39, but I don't and Pro Football Reference doesn't.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Can someone remind when the last time a team had negative rushing yards in a game was?
It's an odd thing, in 1950 or 52 the NFL began counting rushing yards as they do today. Before that, they lumped sacks into the rushing yards and there were games with negative rushing. So, since 1950 or 1952 I doubt there are any games with zero rushing yards or less.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
It was the 3rd game this year we've held a team under 30 yards rushing. THIRTY!!!

jjab360

Legend
It's an odd thing, in 1950 or 52 the NFL began counting rushing yards as they do today. Before that, they lumped sacks into the rushing yards and there were games with negative rushing. So, since 1950 or 1952 I doubt there are any games with zero rushing yards or less.
Until tomorrow, that is. ;)

V3

Hall of Fame
I do too. I benched him of course. No way I'm starting a RB against the Rams.
Yeah, he didn't have much of a choice. His bench RB's weren't much better options.....but knowing now what Morris did....