Lance Kendricks, & Eugene Sims just cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Possible targets:

Terrell Pryor
TJ Lang
Nick Mangold
Kelce
TJ McDonald

Donta Hightower
Kevin Minter
As SYG said Connor Barwin and Kaywan Webster are probably above all of them. And I'd write TJ off as gone too.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As SYG said Connor Barwin and Kaywan Webster are probably above all of them. And I'd write TJ off as gone too.

Yeah -- at this point some good house cleaning needed be done. Get that losing
Stench out !!

Lance & Barnes both needed to be gone from what I saw last year. Lance being resigned was upsetting. Tim Barnes I had hope for because he showed up the last part of 2015 even getting a game ball. Worked hard & showed leadership. He never showed power or much skill , just a big heart.
E. Simms was drafted way back a DE from Texas whatever. Like the same league Greg the Leg came from. Was a tweener who got bigger & had speed. Watching hard knocks made me see he did not have a great athletic skill set.
Aaron Donald is a stud & needed to move on from him. The Rams need guys that understand the game .
Lance missing that TD catch & Fisher backing him had kissers all over it. Catch needs to be made at NFL level. The Pittsburg drop &!all the false starts are unacceptable.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Kendricks, Simms, and Barnes gives them money for a center like Groy and possibly a veteran DB or FS.

There will still be a need for draft money, so maybe only room for a few bargain basement deals?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Simms cut, Hayes traded, attempting to trade Trumaine......just what I said and didn't like when they announced Phillips as the DC. The defense was not a problem as a 4/3. With a good offense it would be top ten instead of fifteen. But everyone was convinced he ran a hybrid 3/4 and there wouldn't be much if any defensive turnover. In the next three years everything but the DLine will be completely different....and maybe Ogletree.

This was an unnecessary rebuild that will delay the progress of getting the team back to the Playoffs.

…..

Legend
We're going to miss Kendricks.

Agreed. His reception production was not at elite levels but he had a few intangibles that we're going to miss.

Of course, the best way to forget about your ex is to find a new piece. ;)

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Kendricks underwhelmed from the day he was drafted. Consistently dropped balls. Was consistently excused by people claiming he had good hands really, but just was playing hurt. I don't think he'll be missed.

Sims was a useful rotational guy. Again, can be replaced.

Best of luck to the both of em.

MAXWELL

UDFA
Simms cut, Hayes traded, attempting to trade Trumaine......just what I said and didn't like when they announced Phillips as the DC. The defense was not a problem as a 4/3. With a good offense it would be top ten instead of fifteen. But everyone was convinced he ran a hybrid 3/4 and there wouldn't be much if any defensive turnover. In the next three years everything but the DLine will be completely different....and maybe Ogletree.

This was an unnecessary rebuild that will delay the progress of getting the team back to the Playoffs.

I disagree. I think the defense underperformed relative to talent under Williams. You cannot call losing a rotational DE (Sims) and a slightly above average 4-3 DE (Hayes) a "rebuild." A defensive line of Donald-Brockers-Easley can and should be great.

Tru is another matter completely, and ties in with Donald and Ogletree and has to do with contracts and not fit or talent. There is a good case for both sides as to why Tru will not sign (Tru wants to test free agency and have choice or else sign a woefully inflated contract to stay and the Rams don't like either of those options and choose the lesser of three evils in franchising), so if you have to trade him, it is not as a rebuild, but simply under forced circumstances.

The entire secondary needs to be rebuilt, anyway. Tru is a problem (good, but not great, but will be paid as super great by someone), Joyner will be a free agent next year, we are still uncertain about Gaines, McDonald is gone (and only average, anyway) and we have zero depth.

Last year was the year to complain about rebuilding when they couldn't lock up everybody long term. Just my opinion.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Kendricks and Barnes don't get close to starting for any of the teams in this league that are in the mix every year. If we're to become one of those types of teams, moves like this have to be made.

Of course, the consistently successful teams then go out and find effective starters so we'll see what Snead/McVay do next.

Ram65

Legend
I didnt think they would clean house. Thought Hayes could transition but wasnt a fan of Simms. Kendricks I though would stay but as many posters pointed Rams could save money and move on. Looks like McVay and Co have a plan. Changing the culture had to be done by moving on from Fisher guys.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Too bad, had high hopes for Kendricks. He is DEF not worth the money he was making here.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It should be noted that Kendricks played tight end for the Rams, which means there is a 90% chance he is signed by the Patriots.

Haven't they signed other former Rams TE's ... like Michael Honowamenwouwerishisnameistolongandhastoomanysyllableswanoui?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Haven't they signed other former Rams TE's ... like Michael Honowamenwouwerishisnameistolongandhastoomanysyllableswanoui?
Lol. Yeah and Matthew Mulligan, Cameron Cleeland, Daniel Fells and Stephen Spach. So it's a guarantee they pick up Kendricks and he catches 70 passes for 800 yards and 5 touchdowns.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I disagree. I think the defense underperformed relative to talent under Williams. You cannot call losing a rotational DE (Sims) and a slightly above average 4-3 DE (Hayes) a "rebuild." A defensive line of Donald-Brockers-Easley can and should be great.

Tru is another matter completely, and ties in with Donald and Ogletree and has to do with contracts and not fit or talent. There is a good case for both sides as to why Tru will not sign (Tru wants to test free agency and have choice or else sign a woefully inflated contract to stay and the Rams don't like either of those options and choose the lesser of three evils in franchising), so if you have to trade him, it is not as a rebuild, but simply under forced circumstances.

The entire secondary needs to be rebuilt, anyway. Tru is a problem (good, but not great, but will be paid as super great by someone), Joyner will be a free agent next year, we are still uncertain about Gaines, McDonald is gone (and only average, anyway) and we have zero depth.

Last year was the year to complain about rebuilding when they couldn't lock up everybody long term. Just my opinion.

The defense only underperformed in two games last year. In the rest they did enough to keep the score low, but we're on the field way too much and broke down at the end of games. Then you have Fisher passing away leads by running Gurley up the gut for three and outs and having the defense go into prevent mode, at the end of the third quarter. They still were the fifteenth D despite all of that going against them.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Lol. Yeah and Matthew Mulligan, Cameron Cleeland, Daniel Fells and Stephen Spach. So it's a guarantee they pick up Kendricks and he catches 70 passes for 800 yards and 5 touchdowns.
Don't forget HooHoo!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Kendricks was cut because of his lack of blocking last year. Many of his whiffs got Gurley and Goff killed.

I'm excited for what our OCs can teach Higbee and look forward to the draft for Kendricks' replacement.