Lamarcus Joyner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quietly he is having a great year for us. So much improvement from his rookie year to this year. I think he would be a heck of a FS. He played well outside last week and plays well in the slot. Good football player.
In my opinion, Joyner is entirely a free safety. I think he's Earl Thomas II. Great football instincts, he can blitz, he can cover, great tackler... I'd love to see him become the next Troy Palamula (spell?). Give him some freedom to make plays and let's see what happens. I also think he's too short to cover taller receivers whether in the slot or outside. Not that he can't do it. Maybe Coach O or someone else can enlighten me on why Fisher hasn't tried him at free safety. Of course, McLeod may be gone next year and that may make the decision much easier..

Memphis Ram

Legend
In my opinion, Joyner is entirely a free safety. I think he's Earl Thomas II. Great football instincts, he can blitz, he can cover, great tackler... I'd love to see him become the next Troy Palamula (spell?). Give him some freedom to make plays and let's see what happens. I also think he's too short to cover taller receivers whether in the slot or outside. Not that he can't do it. Maybe Coach O or someone else can enlighten me on why Fisher hasn't tried him at free safety. Of course, McLeod may be gone next year and that may make the decision much easier..

Of course, both Earl Thomas & Troy Polamalu are over 2 inches taller and have/had great ball skills. IMO, a FS with poor ball skills is a liability on defense.

I'd hope for something much better for a team with only 9 INTs to date (tied for 20th in league) and with QBs completing almost 70% of their passes (dead last).:(

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course, both Earl Thomas & Troy Polamalu are over 2 inches taller and have/had great ball skills. IMO, a FS with poor ball skills is a liability on defense.
I didn't realize Earl Thomas was two inches taller, but wouldn't that be an even greater disadvantage for a corner?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
He had a nice PD and caused Stafford to fold for Donald's 3rd sack. He just keeps improving which is all you can ask for. I personally love his pop on most of his hits. He fits this defense well. Very proud of how he has stepped up this year. Can't wait for EJ to come back next year.