Lamarcus Joyner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Joyner might be one of our most improved players from 2014 to 2015.

He was all over the place, last week against AZ... Definitely got a lot of TV time.

While it's difficult to pull stats on most free sites, by my count he's 7th in the NFL among CB's for combined tackles.

I love his hustle and he reminds me of London Fletcher in that he's the definition of "football player". He was born to play this sport.

Anyway... He's becoming a nice player.

FRO

Legend
Quietly he is having a great year for us. So much improvement from his rookie year to this year. I think he would be a heck of a FS. He played well outside last week and plays well in the slot. Good football player.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Trying to pencil in what Lamarcus Joyner best playing position is will always be difficult. I would just say LJ is a very good short DB period. With injuries all over our secondary we see just how good LJ can & will be. Fact is LJ can play any of the safety positions both CB outside posts & take up the Nickle & Dime positions as well & always make a play. Whatever is needed LJ can do.

Joyner can also be an effective blitzer from anywhere on the field. Just not sure what post will be his best but it all depends where the Rams need him. What ever position he fills it will always get his best effort each and every play. I am very pleased with this 2nd rd.2014 pick.

With the Rams 3 top corners being injured this season Gaines-Johnson-Jenkins LJ will continues to play corner. Next yr the corner position does not look good either with JJ & TJ both being well sought after UFA's & the serious long rehab injury to EJ just complicates the CB needs. So I would imagine that LJ will continue to play in the areas he is now.

However once the dust calms down in our corner posts ?????it would be nice to see LJ in a position to where he use his best attributes .........read & react moving forward! Looks to me that would be where Rodney McLeod plays today @ deep free safety.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Trying to pencil in what Lamarcus Joyner best playing position is will always be difficult. I would just say LJ is a very good short DB period. With injuries all over our secondary we see just how good LJ can & will be. Fact is LJ can play any of the safety positions both CB outside posts & take up the Nickle & Dime positions as well & always make a play. Whatever is needed LJ can do.

Joyner can also be an effective blitzer from anywhere on the field. Just not sure what post will be his best but it all depends where the Rams need him. What ever position he fills it will always get his best effort each and every play. I am very pleased with this 2nd rd.2014 pick.

With the Rams 3 top corners being injured this season Gaines-Johnson-Jenkins LJ will continues to play corner. Next yr the corner position does not look good either with JJ & TJ both being well sought after UFA's & the serious long rehab injury to EJ just complicates the CB needs. So I would imagine that LJ will continue to play in the areas he is now.

However once the dust calms down in our corner posts ?????it would be nice to see LJ in a position to where he use his best attributes .........read & react moving forward! Looks to me that would be where Rodney McLeod plays today @ deep free safety.

Yup his versatility is going to come in handy.

A55VA6

Legend
Easily the most improved. Last year, he really looked lost. This year, he's playing faster and making plays. I think he can be a very solid player for us for years to come.

FrankenRam

Starter

LJ is another what I call 'crossover' player. He may not excel (too early to say for sure) at either Safety or Cornerback, but it's looking like he's going to turn out to be pretty darn good at either.

While LJ crosses over between CB & S, Barron does the same between S & LB, and Tavon does as HB/WR/AllAroundGadget.

IMO, that kind of versatility is always a good thing.

Memphis Ram

Legend
He looks better than he did last year. But, the questionable ball skills he entered the league with still remain. Maybe he gets his first NFL interception before his second season is over.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He looks better than he did last year. But, the questionable ball skills he entered the league with still remain. Maybe he gets his first NFL interception before his second season is over.

On top of that, it will always bother me that the Rams traded up for Joyner and passed on the opportunity to draft a future Quarterback in Jimmy Garropolo. The selection of Joyner by this regime will always stick in my craw. I always believe Joyner was a reach and the Rams traded up to get him because Fisher thought he was one upping his former team the Titans because he believe they liked him.

So that's why I guess I will never warm up to Joyner because the Rams did not have to be in Quarterback hell. Not Joyner's fault, but never understood why everyone rated a tweener so high and he's done nothing at this level to make me feel otherwise.

FrankenRam

Starter
On top of that, it will always bother me that the Rams traded up for Joyner and passed on the opportunity to draft a future Quarterback in Jimmy Garropolo. The selection of Joyner by this regime will always stick in my craw. I always believe Joyner was a reach and the Rams traded up to get him because Fisher thought he was one upping his former team the Titans because he believe they liked him.

So that's why I guess I will never warm up to Joyner because the Rams did not have to be in Quarterback hell. Not Joyner's fault, but never understood why everyone rated a tweener so high and he's done nothing at this level to make me feel otherwise.

While I mostly get your point, I think it's a bit of a 'reach' to assume Garrapolo could be 'the guy' when we've basically seen nothing of him. While it's possible he could be the next Tom Brady, it's just as possible at this point that he might be the next Nick Foles. We just don't know.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Or we could have passed on Pead and drafted Osweiler. o_O

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
While I mostly get your point, I think it's a bit of a 'reach' to assume Garrapolo could be 'the guy' when we've basically seen nothing of him. While it's possible he could be the next Tom Brady, it's just as possible at this point that he might be the next Nick Foles. We just don't know.

IDK he's played some and looked stellar in preseason, which means nothing, however, if the Rams had Garoppolo and Hill instead of Hill and Davis things would have been much better to have an up and coming QB as opposed to what the Rams have now.

Again I understand I'm biased because I loved the kid, however, he was right in the Rams backyard and Fisher & Snead fell asleep at the wheel as they felt Bradford could not suffer another injury in 2014, they should have had a better plan in place and IMO, Garoppolo was more of a need then a player that was too small for CB and too light for safety.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Or we could have passed on Pead and drafted Osweiler. o_O

Yes, but that was not the time, however, with the Bradford injury many felt the Rams needed a young quarterback early for insurance. Added that Garoppolo was a stone's throw away from Rams Park and has to wonder why then QB Coach Frank Cignetti was not pounding the table for the Eastern Illinois alum.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The lack NFL history of ball skills mentioned by Memphis has some serious merit & looms big however....
If ...............Snead/Fisher had not selected Joyner back in 2014 draft ....who would have started at Nickle for the 2014 & 2015 seasons?

Who would have started at outside corner when injuries depleted our CB's? Would we have kept the extremely costly $$$ Cortland Finnegan ?

Looks to me the back up Nickle to LJ currently is our starting deep safety Rodney McLeod. I would sure prefer LJ over Rodney playing the Nickle. Guess we would have seen Cody Davis covering as the starter at deep safety too. I am very glad LJ is here.

Bradmac41

UDFA
Name
Brad
Thank heavens there is nobody that will be the next Nick Foles. He may be a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I loved the Joyner pick from the start. I was one of his biggest fans. It's great to see him doing well, he's a great player and an even better person. I think he's going to establish himself as a leader on this team soon enough.

Memphis Ram

Legend
The lack NFL history of ball skills mentioned by Memphis has some serious merit & looms big however....
If ...............Snead/Fisher had not selected Joyner back in 2014 draft ....who would have started at Nickle for the 2014 & 2015 seasons?

Who would have started at outside corner when injuries depleted our CB's? Would we have kept the extremely costly $$$ Cortland Finnegan ?

Looks to me the back up Nickle to LJ currently is our starting deep safety Rodney McLeod. I would sure prefer LJ over Rodney playing the Nickle. Guess we would have seen Cody Davis covering as the starter at deep safety too. I am very glad LJ is here.

Perhaps someone else selected in that draft class. Or a free agent or trade find.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Interesting how the improved players are always on defense. Long list on that side of the ball, and meanwhile crickets on offense.

FrankenRam

Starter
Thank heavens there is nobody that will be the next Nick Foles. He may be a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf.

Bust with the Rams...definitely. But the 2 seasons he had with Philly were FAR superior to anything Leaf ever did.