LA Coliseum and the Throwbacks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm betting the new unis will be blue and white. Too many signs to ignore. But I think they'll add a trim or highlight color like silver.

Q729

Legend
It would be a shame if they didn't just go back to the blue and yellow. I don't even want them to go modern. Classic for a reason. No dumb matte finish helmet. No "modern" swoosh swirl on the pants and jersey. Give us the real damn thing! But I certainly understand why they would go another direction. They have to sell new merch, after all.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Something about the natural sunlight made these jerseys pop even more. Both teams uniform choices made the game more visually appealing, imo.

Love this pic of Gurley powering over the pile.
View attachment 16478

and, of course, this pic of the game sealing fumble recovery.
View attachment 16479

Wow. Visually, it looks reminiscent of the 80s Rams, and seeing it with the new players makes it transcend time.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Off the hook excitement! One of the great moments in NFL history and it felt like. My friends in St. Louis, please come out and see a game at this venue if you can before the new place goes up. It felt like a place somewhere back in time. A local radio show guy stated he thought it was the most energy he had ever witnessed at any sporting event in L.A.. We were loud on third downs.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Something about the natural sunlight made these jerseys pop even more. Both teams uniform choices made the game more visually appealing, imo.

Plus, these uniforms apparently can allow you to jump really high.

2048x1152

CsrEUM4UIAAITp7.jpg:small

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the Fan's LOVE wearing them too!!(y)(y):D Not like the Old 'Grape Look'!!(n)
the only thing that could've possibly made it better would have been pat summerall announcing. definitely had a surreal type of feeling, especially with me being a Rams fans since 72 and growing up with them in the coliseum. that being said, the only time 9 points in a win is acceptable is when its for the NFC championship game. ;)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
the only thing that could've possibly made it better would have been pat summerall announcing. definitely had a surreal type of feeling, especially with me being a Rams fans since 72 and growing up with them in the coliseum. that being said, the only time 9 points in a win is acceptable is when its for the NFC championship game. ;)

Haha

I went to that one. (y)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The other dramatic thing that I never saw on tv in the 1970's at the LA Coliseum, were all of the modern camera angles, with travelling cameras on wires...We got views of the Rams at the coliseum, never before seen...The crowd and the stadium in the background, looking over the QB's head was really stunning, and made you almost feel you're on the field. I know these are not new in today's NFL, but they are new in my memory of seeing Pro football there....

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm betting the new unis will be blue and white. Too many signs to ignore. But I think they'll add a trim or highlight color like silver.

Even with some of the signs you're referring about, that is a Bold prediction Merlin.... I'm guessing they go with a slightly modified version of the the classic Blue & Yellow uniforms they wore Sunday.

As long as they don't get cute with the horns, I can get used to Blue, White, Yellow, Gold etc... Just ditch those damn blueberry pants because that shade of blue has never been very easy on the eyes.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The other change I would make is not to the uniforms, but the helmets..I agree with Jack Youngblood that the horns should be wider at the front, instead of the thin horns that have been on their for a long time
fjW6eqf.png

XusqFCO.png

j4fBn1m.png

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
They both looked so good! That old stadium looked incredibly bright, and the field was wonderous grass. The uniforms were so bright...It just felt good watching the team there.

Those are without a doubt our best looking uniforms throughout the team's history. We really really really should make them our primary uniforms. We seem to win games while wearing them.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I just really hope the new stadium is going to be designed to make it super loud. Pete Carroll said after the game that the crowd noise wasn't a factor and that the dome was louder.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't blame me, I'm actually Irish.. Just can't pass up an opportunity to give a little crap to the Brits.(y)
* crosses @bluecoconuts off the christmas card list

american /irish ... im impressed you can post on an internet board ..id have pegged you at having trouble tying your laces ;)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Those are without a doubt our best looking uniforms throughout the team's history. We really really really should make them our primary uniforms. We seem to win games while wearing them.
I can't argue with you, But .. It's all about the Era! I LOVE THEM ALL, And have seen them Play in them all!!(y)(y);):D:mrburnsevil:
addon.jpg

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
great atmosphere. It was packed and super hot out. There was a buzz in the air for sure. I want to post pics from my cell, but having issues. Wheres the best/easiest place to upload?