La Canfora: Hearing Miami interested in moving up for Parker. Rams at 10th willing to move down

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TD2

UDFA
The Trade Value Chart says there is a 200 point difference between the Rams at #10 and Miami at #14. That is about a 3rd rounder.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
So our plan is to trade down with Miami to 13 then trade 13 and Brockers for 7?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd do this....Anybody have a clue how far we need to go to get somebody's 2nd? don't tell me 32o_O:unsure::cautious:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Trade Value Chart says there is a 200 point difference between the Rams at #10 and Miami at #14. That is about a 3rd rounder.

Note: Miami does not have a 3rd round draft choice this year.
Miami has a history of over paying when they want something. So let them give the Rams a 2nd rounder. Or a 3rd and 4th rounder!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Throw the points out the window. Rams would get a 2nd in this case or they wouldn't budge. Miami would pay a 2nd if they want Parker. See, they saw me take Parker for Minnesota in our ROD Mock and they see the wisdom and know the Vikes will indeed pull the trigger if he is still there.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm cool w getting a 2nd rounder from them and giving change back. Be loathe to give back or 4th though unless we got a 5th in return...

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Throw the points out the window. Rams would get a 2nd in this case or they wouldn't budge. Miami would pay a 2nd if they want Parker. See, they saw me take Parker for Minnesota in our ROD Mock and they see the wisdom and know the Vikes will indeed pull the trigger if he is still there.
Hey, Mayock just mocked Parker to the Vikes. This makes me smart!(y)

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
You mean Thursday night? The draft is on the 30th of April, the 1st of May and the 2nd...Thurdsay, Friday, Saturday.
Yup, by monday the draft will be over. We will have an idea of how are team is going to shape out. And there will be no more draft rumors, legitimate or otherwise

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm cool w getting a 2nd rounder from them and giving change back. Be loathe to give back or 4th though unless we got a 5th in return...

On the value chart #10 and #72 would be equal to #14 and #47. I could see the Rams insisting on one of the Dolphins' fifth rounders though as part of it - they have the Viking's pick as well as their own. Alternatively a future middle round pick would be nice. Having an extra second (the Eagle's) and fourth next season would be very helpful for moving around the draft board with trades in 2016.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
On the value chart #10 and #72 would be equal to #14 and #47. I could see the Rams insisting on one of the Dolphins' fifth rounders though as part of it - they have the Viking's pick as well as their own. Alternatively a future middle round pick would be nice. Having an extra second (the Eagle's) and fourth next season would be very helpful for moving around the draft board with trades in 2016.

When the Dolphins are the ones that want to move up they're not gonna get even value. They're the ones that want something.

I'd counter with 14 overall and their 2nd rounder for the Rams 10 overall and 4th rounder. That would be the best it gets for them.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
When the Dolphins are the ones that want to move up they're not gonna get even value. They're the ones that want something.

I'd counter with 14 overall and their 2nd rounder for the Rams 10 overall and 4th rounder. That would be the best it gets for them.
I like your thinking, but I wouldn't give them the 4th rounder!:giggle:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Even value is based on what normally happens - with one team wanting to move up and another move down. I know as fans we always want extra - or to quote Edward G Robinson in Key Largo, when asked what he wanted, "More". But unless a player was at #10 they really wanted, I think the Rams would be very happy if they got the first, second, and some token sweetener for their first and third.

Keep in mind that the Giants or Atlanta might be very happy to get the trade that you are suggesting - and the Dolphins would rather trade higher to ensure they get their player.