La Canfora: Hearing Miami interested in moving up for Parker. Rams at 10th willing to move down

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Even value is based on what normally happens - with one team wanting to move up and another move down. I know as fans we always want extra - or to quote Edward G Robinson in Key Largo, when asked what he wanted, "More". But unless a player was at #10 they really wanted, I think the Rams would be very happy if they got the first, second, and some token sweetener for their first and third.

Keep in mind that the Giants or Atlanta might be very happy to get the trade that you are suggesting - and the Dolphins would rather trade higher to ensure they get their player.
Well I can assure you that the Dolphins won't trade with us until we are on the clock, meaning trade talks with the Giants and Falcons never panned out, which at that time would mean we hold a lot more leverage.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I can assure you that the Dolphins won't trade with us until we are on the clock, meaning trade talks with the Giants and Falcons never panned out, which at that time would mean we hold a lot more leverage.

Yes, but if they were willing to give THAT much, I'd expect the trade to have happened before the Rams are on the clock.

Keep in mind that normally the parameters of the trade have been agreed upon before the day of the draft. At most minor tweaking occurs, at least for trades involving first rounders. It's not like it is a huge surprise that Parker might be available at #10, after all.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the top 6 or so players aren't there, I'd definitely trade down...maybe even twice. And then take T.J. Clemmings assuming the foot isn't a major issue.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If the top 6 or so players aren't there, I'd definitely trade down...maybe even twice. And then take T.J. Clemmings assuming the foot isn't a major issue.
Dude, shouldn't you be studying?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I agree Jrry, but would you include Parker on that top 6 or 7 list for us?

For me if Winston, Mariota, Cooper, White, Scherff, Fowler, Williams are gone by #10 i'm moving down. I don't want to take a 2nd tier player at #10. Do you think Parker is a 2nd tier guy? Howbout Scherff?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree Jrry, but would you include Parker on that top 6 or 7 list for us?

For me if Winston, Mariota, Cooper, White, Scherff, Fowler, Williams are gone by #10 i'm moving down. I don't want to take a 2nd tier player at #10. Do you think Parker is a 2nd tier guy? Howbout Scherff?

I would not.

The list for me is Winston, Mariota, Cooper, White, Beasley, and Williams.

Dude, shouldn't you be studying?

I've spent like 75% of hours I've been awake over the last two days studying. I'm taking a sanity break haha.

RamBill

Legend
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks

1 nugget before bed...told STL loves Flowers & MIA loves Parker. Seems like an easy trade to make...STL can drop & still get their guy

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I study law (going for my JD) at University of Florida.

I know you like the scouting thing, but being the next Scott Boras would be more profitable. You could use your scouting studies to figure out which college players to go after.

What is a JD?

After my experiences with Law (the breakin) I think it is not as intimidating as I did as a kid and I may have missed my calling.