Kyle Orton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
This is one of the few back ups I really like. Wish we had him, right now.

moklerman

Warner-phile
To me, Buffalo is a perfect example of the perils of drafting a QB in the first round because you "need" one. EJ Manuel was the best of what was available to Buffalo and now Kyle freakin' Orton looks like a savior by comparison.

The 2015 draft looks like a bunch of EJ Manuels to me and I pray that the Rams don't take that path and draft one of them in the first round.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Kyle Orton is a solid starting QB. He can manage an offense and he doesn't turn the ball over frequently. I don't see why some people are so down on the guy.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
To me, Buffalo is a perfect example of the perils of drafting a QB in the first round because you "need" one. EJ Manuel was the best of what was available to Buffalo and now Kyle freakin' Orton looks like a savior by comparison.

The 2015 draft looks like a bunch of EJ Manuels to me and I pray that the Rams don't take that path and draft one of them in the first round.

I could not agree more.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yes and no. The good news is that with the new rookie cap, they can cut their losses on Manuel, and move on after what? 2 seasons? Look at Minnesota, same deal. Heck they even tried to reclamation project route and still were able to go QB again this year.
What really crushes a franchise is drafting a guy real early, being saddled with his contract and no real way to move on.
In fact, if Buffalo were to let Manuel go for a 4th rounder, I'd even think about picking him up

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Yes and no. The good news is that with the new rookie cap, they can cut their losses on Manuel, and move on after what? 2 seasons? Look at Minnesota, same deal. Heck they even tried to reclamation project route and still were able to go QB again this year.
What really crushes a franchise is drafting a guy real early, being saddled with his contract and no real way to move on.
In fact, if Buffalo were to let Manuel go for a 4th rounder, I'd even think about picking him up

Thank God we traded away our 4th round pick then.:)

Athos

Legend

Wrong. No one even considered Manuel as a 1st rounder BUT Buffalo. Everyone was flabbergasted, especially me. Giant teach.

Mariota is a far superior QB.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Wrong. No one even considered Manuel as a 1st rounder BUT Buffalo. Everyone was flabbergasted, especially me. Giant teach.

Mariota is a far superior QB.
I didn't say Manuel was a first round talent nor did I say that everyone in the NFL thought he was, I said that Buffalo reached for him because they "needed" to draft a QB in the first round. Their draft was dictated by need instead of taking a player that was right for their system and a value where he was picked.

Which seems to be a popular mantra for Rams fans lately even though that's not what they mean. No one would intentionally draft a player(QB) they didn't think was going to work out but adopting the attitude that "come hell or high water" the Rams HAVE to draft a QB in the first round in 2015 is what many teams have done to waste a first round pick, in this particular case, the Bills.

If the Rams see a QB they think is worthy of a first round pick and they can get him, then by all means go for it. But there are bright red flags surrounding most of the QB's that could be in next year's draft and the Rams don't have a lot of draft resources to work with. Spending one of those picks on a "meh" QB would be a mistake IMO.

Considering what they just gave up to get...dang, forgot his name, the safety, I predict the Rams will be trading their first and/or second round pick to get more picks anyway.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Kyle Orton is a solid starting QB. He can manage an offense and he doesn't turn the ball over frequently. I don't see why some people are so down on the guy.
I'm not anti-Orton but he's made his own mistakes. He's fool's gold. Kind of like Fitzbeard. They'll both play well at times but it never lasts and they'll usually make a killer mistake when you need them to make a play. No, they'll make a killer mistake when you just need them to not make a mistake.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't think it's Orton, but with the couple of elite I.Q. Ivy league guys floating around the NFL it gave me an idea...Draft an MIT or Cal Tech guy (I guess they don't play football, so they would have to be recruited)...Even if he never saw a down on the field, I bet he could come up with a pretty cool schematic for being a winner...On second thought, with the dumber than dirt mentality of the vast majority guys, they would have no clue as to what he was talking about...I will continue to seek the answer...

WvuIN02

Starter
Most agree Bradford was having a great year last year, Ortons numbers are even better this year than Bradfords were through the same number of games.