Kurt Warner: I would’ve considered a return to the Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I feel the same way.

However there were a lot of fans in STL that wanted to kick him to the curb. Talk shows, newspaper articles (Bernie especially) and of course message boards were lighting up about it. There were fans that were pretty nasty about it too.

Bernie was terrible. He said a lot of things that were WAY off base and just plain cruel. He was Martz mouthpiece and did some dirty stuff. Bleacher Report wrote an article about it.

love to read that piece...

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Yeah, I meant out of game shape now (and immobile).
And Bernie could beat Tavon in the 40 if you set a beer down on the finish line.

lol ... and I was neck and neck with Usain Bolt .... and then the gun went off !

;)

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Yeah, it's the one reason I've not commented on Martz... at all. I still haven't forgiven him for how he did Warner. It was premeditated. He purposefully and with malice aforethought sought to damage the QB that best showed off his offensive strategy the ONLY way it could be shown... by delivering well-timed balls to targets in motion, often at the very last moment and absorbing an astonishing amount of punishment. No other QB that Martz worked with could do all of what Warner did.

And, frankly, after reading that piece, I do recall having read it when it came out and it goes pretty light on him. When you go into each incident in detail, you realize what a complete and utter douche Martz was...

As in, I still fully believe that in that first game in 2003 against the Giants, Warner had sustained a BAD concussion and Martz knew it. But he really needed a full bad game to bench him for the season because that's the politics he was playing and he wasn't above throwing Kurt that far under the bus. Even with the really bad concussion, Warner came back in the second half of that game, threw for around 300 yards and 3TDs iirc and almost won the game, but all you heard from Martz was the first half and he had to sit due to injury and I said right that evening that we'd NEVER see Warner in horns again... not even in mop up duty. And we never did.

Mike Martz can go freak himself... I NEVER, EVER, EVER want him anywhere near the Rams again.

I'd rather have Bill Callahan, a guy who gave up on his own team while HCing the Raiders (basically an unforgivable sin in sports... almost as bad as betting and point shaving, imho, because the integrity of the game goes out the window...and I really don't care if it's the Raiders. Poor franchise is no excuse. Quit the job, but you never sabotage the team like Callahan did the Raiders) than Martz.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I remember at one time Warner deeply cherrished being a Ram and loved this organization, city, and fans very much. That's how I like to remember him and choose to do so.