Kupp/Woods

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

pididdy

UDFA
Name
Paul
Cupp: I have mixed feelings on whether I should be drinking this Cupp Koolaid any longer. I realize that he is a rookie and can have a bad day but his Seattle drop in the end zone and todays play makes me question if he is NFL ready. Sure he hooks up on short crossing patterns but he does not make the great catch.

Woods: Any news on his injury....I noticed he was carted off.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kupp is going to be a stud. People need not lose sight of the fact that he's a rookie. Jerry Rice was one of the league leaders in drops as a rookie. Kupp was considered the most sure-handed WR in the draft last year. You don't forget how to catch the ball. Rookies make mistakes. Kupp will grow, and I'm excited about his future. We're seeing the beginning, not the end, for him.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Kupp is young. I go back to him. The Seattle drop was painful but, to be fair, was also a very difficult catch to make. The fumble today was unacceptable but, simultaneously, a good play by the safety. No real explanation for the dropped pass today. He has to make that and there was no defender to credit for the fact he did not. But I agree. It is getting very concerning. Errors from a rookie are expected. But they can't continually be catastrophic ones if you want to keep the QB's confidence in you (and your spot in the lineup).

Woods is a big loss. Hopefully he is okay. If not, I am cautiously optimistic we can succeed without him. Cooper is capable. Reynolds has looked good in limited targets. Austin is dangerous if schemed open. McVacy has a knack for that, but as he seems unwilling willing to use Austin (or just is untrusting of him), so I doubt that happens with Tavon. Thomas is back now as well. Watkins has more to give and needs to step up.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It'll be interesting to see if Josh Reynolds or Mike Thomas steps in for Woods. Both played today, and I think both have ability.

RocknRam29

Live, Love, Laugh, & Learn
McVay said in his presser that Woods was getting his shoulder looked at. Also, there was a report from Lindsey Thirry (LA Times) that Woods' arm is in a sling.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Now Woods is hurt....shouldn't have been in the game....nor catching short ass passes when we needed what, 3 scores?

Kupp is a rookie....

and shouldn't have more TARGETS THAN SAMMY WATKINS.....THAT'S BACKWARDS ASSED FOOTBALL.

Can't say he won't be a Jerry Rice...guy who did drop a bunch....so did TO...dropped a few...

but in this age of 7 on 7 football...he's been to a lot of passing camps....so, I doubt this is a skill thing as much as a "head" thing...and head things matter.

I can't tell who dropped what today...Higbee has just gone from shaky to just....does he have to play? I mean, his blocking looks the same too.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
McVay said in his presser that Woods was getting his shoulder looked at. Also, there was a report from Lindsey Thirry (LA Times) that Woods' arm is in a sling.

also Watkins got up from late play and was shaking his head could be headed to concussion protocol. goff had some sort of chest issue and our 2 corners out. not looking forward to injury report

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kupp is going to be a stud. People need not lose sight of the fact that he's a rookie. Jerry Rice was one of the league leaders in drops as a rookie. Kupp was considered the most sure-handed WR in the draft last year. You don't forget how to catch the ball. Rookies make mistakes. Kupp will grow, and I'm excited about his future. We're seeing the beginning, not the end, for him.

Yeah perspective is needed. Kupp's best ball is ahead of him still. This is the second game he's struggled at key moments, the other being vs Seattle where his drop literally cost us the game. But he will improve from it and we're going to see him make adjustments and play better this season.

Still a long ways to go, and Kupp is important to how things are going to go.

If people want to get all crazy criticizing any position group it's the TEs. They have not come anywhere near the level where McVay wants them, based on his Washington years. It's time to start cutting back Higbee's snaps, since the guy simply cannot make a catch unless there's nobody near him, and get Everett more involved in the pattern. Everett is a weapon and this offense is going to need him down the stretch.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kupp and Woods are both good WR's and going to get better with more time in the offense and with Goff. Same goes for our two young TE's both will be very good.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
For a rookie who's able to run crisp routes like a veteran, I'm impressed with Kupp's progression even with the key lapses that killed drives. Had he made those critical catches against Seattle and Minnesota, he'd be in major talks for OROY. I'll give him some time to develop into a rich man's Julian Edelman.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kupps two bad plays today do not cancel out all the good plays he has made ..gurley made some boneheaded okays tavon has made some

It happens they are humans not machines

Plus I have a hard time taking anyone serious if they can’t get a guy’s name right

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Kupp will be fine only thing that's frustrating is that any drops or fumbles he ever makes always seem to be one of if not the most pivotal part of the game Seadorks, today's fumble was huge and the outright drop on that third down all momentum changing plays. I do think he will be ok and will learn but man it hurts this was the one we needed. Now the saints I think them winning today is in our favor. Probability says they cannot start out 9-2 lol I'm trying here boys I'm trying lol. Woods has to be ok they are saying looks worse than it is we need him but I do think McVay system is like a plug n play type both Reynolds and Thomas would hold there own. I'm more concerned about dbs its when they went down that Vikings took over game was 7-7 countess, hattfield ugh!!!!!! People saying Vikes wore us down but it all change with when corners went down and of cours kupps plays otherwise we hung in.....if Rams make the playoffs I would not be scared of playing this team again but preferably away from Minny cause that was the other difference maker. Corners will be needed against the saints and please those backs scare me cause they are gashers and they kill our def. time to see how youngins respond to being knocked down

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wouldn't credit him with a 'drop' in that last second pass against Seattle. That was a bullet/finger-tip catch. Hard to make. The fumble he had today was just a good play by a defender. Those tomahawk chops are pretty effective, and we've seen our guys do that to some pretty good WRs/RBs this year too. His catch % could improve, but it's around 60% right now, and IIRC, he only had one drop today - on what would have been a pretty difficult catch.

Also... *Kupp.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Kupps two bad plays today do not cancel out all the good plays he has made ..gurley made some boneheaded okays tavon has made some

It happens they are humans not machines

Plus I have a hard time taking anyone serious if they can’t get a guy’s name right

Coulda been worse, you could have seen Woulds.

See?

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
By: Cameron DaSilva | 2 hours ago

As if the Rams losing 24-7 wasn’t bad enough, they also saw their No. 1 receiver carted off with a shoulder injury. Woods is believed to have injured towards the end of the game when it was already out of reach, adding insult to injury.

In his postgame press conference, Sean McVay said Woods was having his shoulder checked out but the severity was unknown due to the timing of the injury. According to ProFootballTalk, it’s not believed to be serious.

Woods was seen leaving the locker room after the loss with his arm in a sling, which obviously isn’t a good sign. He finished the game with eight catches for 81 yards, but those numbers won’t matter if he’s forced to miss time due to the injury.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Good news.

Seems like Wood's injury is not thought to be serious.

Per football night in America

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kupp’s highs are high and his lows low.
He’s an enigma but I’d rather have him than not...

fearsomefour

Legend
I wouldn't credit him with a 'drop' in that last second pass against Seattle. That was a bullet/finger-tip catch. Hard to make. The fumble he had today was just a good play by a defender. Those tomahawk chops are pretty effective, and we've seen our guys do that to some pretty good WRs/RBs this year too. His catch % could improve, but it's around 60% right now, and IIRC, he only had one drop today - on what would have been a pretty difficult catch.

Also... *Kupp.
The brutal part about the drop today was the pass was so great from Goff.
Kupp will be good. If a guy can run routes like he can, change direction without slowing down he will consistently be open.
The frustrating thing is he has the worst hands on the team this year of the WRs....guessing but I am sure. I was down on him in the game thread. He wasn't stretching the ball out for the goal line just sort of not that attentive on that play to me.
Smaller windows, more traffic, more physical safeties. All of that factors in I'm sure.
But he is going to be excellent.
Not worried about him long term at all.