Kupp to return punts...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
What does this say about our 3 reserve RB's?
Not much either way.
Brown is clearly the 2 back, but, does not have the explosiveness or change of direction you'd want in a return guy.
The likelihood of Brown leaving via FA goes up the better he looks and the more reps he gets. I think he has looked very good.
So, teams are always looking for depth. Either depth they need now or depth they will need soon enough.
It's why I would draft an OL and CB next year.
At any rate I'm sure priority number one is not fumbling the punt away, thus Kupp.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Gotta have a PR guy who doesn't muff. Kupp checks that most important box. Fielding the punt and fair catching can do wonders for field position... have you seen some of the bounces these punters get nowadays... gotta at least catch the punt.

No need to risk much trying to make a big return.... but take what is given for sure.

Kupp is obviously our best option now given the injuries.

Now that kickoff subject is really a sore spot for me. We need to fucking take a knee on the kick returns that are fielded inside the endzone every single fucking time. Too many things can go wrong if you don't... the risk isn't worth the potential reward if you're asking me. Especially when our offense pretty much marches up the field every time we have the ball.

NO MORE KICKOFF RETURNS FROM THE FUCKING ENDZONE PLEASE !

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure he will be fair catching most of them.

When you have a team as good as we are on offense and defense, special teams has the potential to do more harm than good - our ST were amazing last year, and yet was the primary reason we lost in the playoffs. I don't like it when anyone runs a kick out of the endzone.

Ants

Starter
I'm with others - don't like this.
Sure, fair-catch everything. Hopefully nobody lights him up anyway, as was mentioned.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Seems like a stop gap move on a short week. Unless the punter gives lots of room for him to run, I expect he’ll fair catch everything.

I’m thinking with 3 days, you don’t risk someone you really don’t know to not flub the catches. With 2 weeks, you can probably make a more sound choice.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I get we have lost two returners to injury this year. In only three games. Bum luck.

Absolutely he shouldn't just fair catch all the punts and give up a huge chunk of potential field position.

If he can return it, do it!

I don't want to bubble wrap any of our players because of some bad luck.

Big game tonight. We win this one, we are in the best position we have been in since 2001. Win this one BIG, we will put many future opponents on their heels.

I am hoping for 100 plus return yards for Kupp.

GO RAMS!!!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Because some player might just want to light him up and might not see the fair catch. Because some player might get blocked into him like what happened with Marcus Sherels not that long ago.

I am not a fan of this move.

Gotta ask the obvious question here, Memento.

Which is more likely?

Kupp gets lit up by someone ignoring a fair catch signal?

Or Kupp gets hurt while running back a punt?

Kupp is too valuable to risk in returns, IMO.

dang

Legend
In the heat of the game it’s hard to just say fair catch every ball but that is what I want to happen. We cannot risk any injury to Kupp. And btw just what does Reynolds do for this team? And is anyone else tired of seeing Thomas injured?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Seems like a stop gap move on a short week.

I was thinking and hoping this too. Wonder if they are gonna hold an audition of sorts for the PR job in time for the Seattle game.

Kupp as PR is concerning... he’s so valuable

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I will say it's not unheard of to have a great WR be the punt returner. Steve Smith was a great WR and great punt returner and like Kupp, tough as nails. I trust Kupp can handle the duties. Would I prefer someone who's not an every play offensive starter, absolutely. But I don't fear it either. Injuries may happen on any play, special teams or offense alike