Knowing what you know now about bounties...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
albefree69 said:
We're animals with reasoning brains that should enable us to rise above our primitive instincts and tendencies. Isn't that the main thing that separates us from the beasts?
That, and we can use forks.

sent via Tapatalk.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:
We're animals with reasoning brains that should enable us to rise above our primitive instincts and tendencies. Isn't that the main thing that separates us from the beasts?
Nope, it's our thumbs.

It's an unconscious thing...instinct.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
DR RAM added:
albefree69 said:
Nope, it's our thumbs.

Fight-or-flight. Why are we able to choose between them? Instinct only controls your initial response. Your mind controls your final actions IMO.

Opposable thumbs only helped ensure our survival, they don't separate us from the beasts. Don't gorillas have opposable thumbs? How are their thumbs working out for them survival wise?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:
DR RAM added:
albefree69 said:
Nope, it's our thumbs.

Fight-or-flight. Why are we able to choose between them? Instinct only controls your initial response. Your mind controls your final actions IMO.
I think you are missing my point entirely. I'm not talking about twisting a guys ankle when he's on the ground, but if you are coming up on a tackle and the guy is limping, you go for that leg to tackle. If you are playing ping pong, and the guy or girl you are playing has a shitty backhand, you hit the ball to that side.

You don't think a Lion chooses who to attack, I assure you that they do. They are not out there to give the weakest animal a break, let up on him, because he has a bum knee.

There's nothing dirty about it.

Let me say one more thing, thinking, in football, slows you down.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
DR RAM came back with:
I think you are missing my point entirely. I'm not talking about twisting a guys ankle when he's on the ground, but if you are coming up on a tackle and the guy is limping, you go for that leg to tackle. If you are playing ping pong, and the guy or girl you are playing has a crappy backhand, you hit the ball to that side.

You don't think a Lion chooses who to attack, I assure you that they do. They are not out there to give the weakest animal a break, let up on him, because he has a bum knee.

I wasn't missing your point, I wasn't addressing it at all. I'm not talking about football, I'm talking about the difference between mankind and the rest of the animal kingdom. The conversation you and I are having started with your "thumbs" post. I'd love to have a lengthy conversation about this subject with you but I think we're supposed to be talking about football and the Rams. :lol:

Plus, if you read the whole thread again you missed my point. I said ORGANIZED effort. Big difference.

P.S. I disagree that thinking slows you down. Too much thinking slows you down. Thinking allows you to adapt and improvise.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:
DR RAM came back with:
I think you are missing my point entirely. I'm not talking about twisting a guys ankle when he's on the ground, but if you are coming up on a tackle and the guy is limping, you go for that leg to tackle. If you are playing ping pong, and the guy or girl you are playing has a crappy backhand, you hit the ball to that side.

I wasn't missing your point, I wasn't addressing it at all. I'm not talking about football, I'm talking about the difference between mankind and the rest of the animal kingdom. The conversation you and I are having started with your "thumbs" post. I'd love to have a lengthy conversation about this subject with you but I think we're supposed to be talking about football and the Rams. :lol:

Plus, if you read the whole thread again you missed my point. I said ORGANIZED effort. Big difference.

P.S. I disagree that thinking slows you down. Too much thinking slows you down. Thinking allows you to adapt and improvise.
I was just pulling your chain anyway. :hehe:

BTW, I agree with your organized part and never debated , or addressed that.

And gorillas need to get bullet proof vest, land grants, and doctors, and they will be fine. Thumbs aren't their problem :tooth:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
DR RAM said:
albefree69 said:
Nope, it's our thumbs.

Thumbs HUH ?
I always thought it was that we had the largest penis of all primates.

Ya learn sumthin new every day.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Thordaddy said:
DR RAM said:
albefree69 said:
Nope, it's our thumbs.

Thumbs HUH ?

The Blue Whale has an 8 foot penis, almost as big as mine.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
DR RAM said:
Thordaddy said:
DR RAM said:
albefree69 said:
Nope, it's our thumbs.

Thumbs HUH ?

Wow Doc... You're almost 8 feet tall? :sly:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
DR RAM said:
Thordaddy said:
DR RAM said:
albefree69 said:
Nope, it's our thumbs.

Thumbs HUH ?

You mean proportionally of course so doing the math a 100 ft, whale has an 8ft. penis that being a ratio of 12.5 to 1

So unless you are well over six feet tall you ain't breakin' 6 "

6" X 12.5= 75 " or 6ft 3 in.

But hey Doc there are show-ers and there are grow-ers

So can you lick your eyebrows,cuz I'd say that's equally as important :tooth: