Knowing what you know now about bounties...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Would anyone be upset if there was a little 'agreement' in the locker room to take out Romo since he's now favoring his ribs? I'm not saying it has to be anything shady or dirty. Just a little incentive to get to the QB and lay the boom. Would that bother you?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yes, that would bother me.

They get paid well to get to the QB and lay the boom. Their incentive should be keeping their jobs.

I'd have no problem adding that as an incentive to their contract though. X dollars a sack, tackle, swat, etc.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
Would anyone be upset if there was a little 'agreement' in the locker room to take out Romo since he's now favoring his ribs? I'm not saying it has to be anything shady or dirty. Just a little incentive to get to the QB and lay the boom. Would that bother you?
Hell X I'd be surprised if there wasn't ,I don't think the inter player shit will ever stop nor that the league can police that aspect without bugging every locker room.
As long as it isn't an organized effort run by the coaches the way Williams and company f-ed up doing I'll bet it's going on in every locker room in the league.

So if the coaches are involved ,I'd say yeah, cuz after what happened to the Saints /Asshole Face,Greg Williams,I think my problem with it would pale in comparison to SK's though,if I was Fisher and I found out an assistant was doing it DURING a game I'd fire his ass on the spot and do his job myself and call the league office as soon as the game was over,that shit is Kryptonite

Guy Mansworth

Rookie
I don't have a problem with them targetting his ribs to knock him out of the game, but if they have bets going, or start taking cheapshots then I'm definitely against that.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Guy Mansworth said:
I don't have a problem with them targetting his ribs to knock him out of the game, but if they have bets going, or start taking cheapshots then I'm definitely against that.

I concur. Going for someone's ribs to get them to be more skittish in the pocket is a lot different than going for someone's ankles trying to take them out for the season.

iced

i'm pretty sure ever defensive line coach's mantra somehow involving "Hitting the F*#$ing QB!" The more you hit the qb, the more their play deteriorates..

pretty sure this team doesn't need an incentive to sack romo - their incentive is trying to break the sack record :)

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I am of course, totally against it.
Any players who indulge in ORGANIZED mayhem to take out another player should be sent to prison for assault.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I agree with incentive on hitting him hard and taking him out the game, thus decreasing their chance to win.

I do no condone cheapshots, checks when you know they aren't looking, career ending hits like the type Gregg Williams encouraged, that doesn't help football, only hinders it and reinforces the negative stereotype that football is some bloodsport for neanderthals born too late to be gladiators.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
As a defensive player facing a offensive player who is ailing in some way physically...

You gotta "test" him. Legally of course, but he must get tested. That's reality in football at almost every level.

I don't condone illegal bounties... but I will go ahead and offer to throw a party at mi casa in honor of the player who sacks romo... coincidentally leading to him being unable to play. The Ram player is free to invite any and all members of the team to accompany him to this party.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Nope wouldn't bother me one bit if its all legit play.

Now if were talking about late hits and cheap shots then yea that would bother me.

Of course they should be playing to keep there jobs and win the games but I don't mind a little somethin extra to put a good clean hit on Romo.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
99.9% of the time you hit a quarterback he's upright. Just put your helmet under his chin. Works every time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He's a cowgirl. Fuck him.

Other than that? Nah. I could give a shit if they hurt the guy within the rules of the game and the context of a play but I'm not cool with modifying your game to injure someone. If you happen to put the QB out of the game by hitting him hard and legal, so be it. If knowing his ribs are sore makes you wanna squeeze him a little harder when you tackle him, I'm ok with that. But these guys are almost all freak athletes with incredible strength. An attempt to bruise some ribs by say driving the QB a little harder than appropriate into the turf could easily result in a career ending injury. I'm just not cool with that.

Call it Karma or whatever you want. If my team mate was being targeted, I'd retaliate plain and simple. I'd do everything I could to CREATE your Karma. It's just not a good road to head down.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
RamFan503 speaking from the heart:
I could give a shyte if they hurt the guy within the rules of the game and the context of a play but I'm not cool with modifying your game to injure someone. If you happen to put the QB out of the game by hitting him hard and legal, so be it. If knowing his ribs are sore makes you wanna squeeze him a little harder when you tackle him, I'm ok with that. But these guys are almost all freak athletes with incredible strength. An attempt to bruise some ribs by say driving the QB a little harder than appropriate into the turf could easily result in a career ending injury. I'm just not cool with that.

Call it Karma or whatever you want. If my team mate was being targeted, I'd retaliate plain and simple. I'd do everything I could to CREATE your Karma. It's just not a good road to head down.

Well said 503!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Me; you play the game and hit the QB no differently if there were no injury.

Unless of course we're talking RG3. :sly:

WvuIN02

Starter
Somehow I doubt the people who think it's ok would be ok with it if they found out the Cowboys had the same thing setup for Sam Bradford.

It always amazes me how caught up people get in the game to where they get sick enjoyment out of peoples injuries and such. These aren't robots with jerseys on who play the game every week. They are real people with lives and dreams to play a game they love, and who have invested probably more time and effort into something than 99.9% of people will ever do in their lives.

Injuries in such a high risk sport are part of the game, but when it crosses a line for "extra" like it did with the Saints, that kind of system leads to late hits and guys trying to be "the guy" to claim the pot. Call it what you want, it's a bounty at that point.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We are all animals, and as such, we seek out weakness, and injury, and try to exploit it. We do this naturally, and there's no need for extra compensation, or motivation, IMO. It is just how it is, and it is built in to our competitive nature, whether you are in an office, or on a field of play.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
We're animals with reasoning brains that should enable us to rise above our primitive instincts and tendencies. Isn't that the main thing that separates us from the beasts?