Kevin Demoff ??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkyMark

Rams fan for Life!!
Name
Mark
Oh, we're complaining about management? About damn time.

The damn moderators on this damn board have been censoring us for too damn long! It's time to rise up, my fellow posters! Rise up and demand that the boobie threat allows for topless photos! Too long have we been teased by a thin shirt or a bikini top 3 sizes to small! Free the nipple! Fight the man!
OH IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN BABY!!! You're my boy blue, you're my boy!! Sorry, With this whole quarantine thing, blue got me all hyped up!!

Ram65

Legend
Moving forward I don't see us being so eager to secure players so early like Todd and even Jared but again I think the assessment at the time and intent were in line.

I was thinking that too. I heard an interesting take on ESPN this afternoon. It included making early extensions to Goff, Gurley and the big contract early to Cooks. Other early deals where to Ogletree and Austin. One guy was making an argument that it was bad management and is a trend. It made me think a little more about the decisions. Some were big mistakes the Ogletree and Austin deals were the biggest.

Gurely was a 50/50 deal. I think Demoff overshot the price by a good margin. He could have waited as we all know another year to redo the deal or even wait till the next year. Add the franchise tag and Demoff had three more years of control without committing future monies. Demoff did Gurley right but, cost the Rams when Gurley got hurt. I don't know if he would do it again. He did avoid the nasty negotiations that the Cowboys had with Ekkit.

Goff was a no brainer. He really had a good year last year, for the most part, considering the offensive line problems. Pay him now or pay him more later. Again look at the Cowboys tagging Prescott. Nasty negotiations like this would not be a good look for the return of the Rams franchise to SoCal. Who knows what the future will be for them. I thought Demoff gave a little too much-guaranteed money to Goff but, the amounts are right in line.

Cooks' deal was a little high but, McVay wanted him and Demoff had to pay. He did help them get to the SB.

Ramsey will be next and because they made the deal without a new contract Demoff will be paying top top dollar at some point. Rams made the deal and have to pay. The jury is still out on this one. I think a deal will get done at some point.

I don't know if Demoff and the Rams change their thinking about paying top players earlier. Sometimes it's best for the organization. I hope that they don't do it with RBs as they have a higher rate of injury. We will see.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was thinking that too. I heard an interesting take on ESPN this afternoon. It included making early extensions to Goff, Gurley and the big contract early to Cooks. Other early deals where to Ogletree and Austin. One guy was making an argument that it was bad management and is a trend. It made me think a little more about the decisions. Some were big mistakes the Ogletree and Austin deals were the biggest.

Gurely was a 50/50 deal. I think Demoff overshot the price by a good margin. He could have waited as we all know another year to redo the deal or even wait till the next year. Add the franchise tag and Demoff had three more years of control without committing future monies. Demoff did Gurley right but, cost the Rams when Gurley got hurt. I don't know if he would do it again. He did avoid the nasty negotiations that the Cowboys had with Ekkit.

Goff was a no brainer. He really had a good year last year, for the most part, considering the offensive line problems. Pay him now or pay him more later. Again look at the Cowboys tagging Prescott. Nasty negotiations like this would not be a good look for the return of the Rams franchise to SoCal. Who knows what the future will be for them. I thought Demoff gave a little too much-guaranteed money to Goff but, the amounts are right in line.

Cooks' deal was a little high but, McVay wanted him and Demoff had to pay. He did help them get to the SB.

Ramsey will be next and because they made the deal without a new contract Demoff will be paying top top dollar at some point. Rams made the deal and have to pay. The jury is still out on this one. I think a deal will get done at some point.

I don't know if Demoff and the Rams change their thinking about paying top players earlier. Sometimes it's best for the organization. I hope that they don't do it with RBs as they have a higher rate of injury. We will see.

If a talking head said it then the direct opposite is true.

If you want great players on your team then that's the price you pay. The only team that can get around it are the cheats but that's because they cheat and their no names can then play like all pros.

The only bad contact the rams made was for tavon. Shouldn't they have known he wasn't all in to being a professional wr before they gave him that extension? When you give a player that much money you better believe he's all about football.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That florio is such a douche. I had to stop the video once he went on his rant about Gurley.

That's the problem with people that just look at numbers. Players aren't machines, they're people that give their all to the team.

I'm so happy the rams are the kind of team that rewards players that excel in their colours. Fuck the cheap chargers and soulless cheats. Using the cba to screw players that perform well from their earning potential. If the rams were like those two shit teams i probably wouldn't support them.

Ram65

Legend
That florio is such a douche. I had to stop the video once he went in his rant about Gurley.

That's the problem with people that just look at numbers. Players aren't machines, they're people that give their all to the team.

I'm so happy the rams are the kind of team that rewards players that excel in their colours. Fuck the cheap Squatters and soulless cheats. Using the cba to screw players that perform well from their earning potential. If the rams were like those two shit teams i probably wouldn't support them.

I like that the Rams take care of players too for the most part. It's also a business with limited cap space. The CBA applies to both teams and players. Sometimes teams have to use the agreement for the benefit of the organization. In the end, it's about winning (without cheating). The video does give a valid point that Gurley's agent got him a great deal. The Rams paid $34.5 Million over the past two years to Gurley. The Rams cut the cord before they had to guarantee another $10.5M. Looking back Demoff and the Rams gave Gurley a great deal they didn't have to at the time. Nothing wrong with looking at the numbers and evaluating whether it was a good deal for both parties or one. In this case, I think Gurley got the better part of the deal.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If TG was still the old TG, the Rams FO would be getting praise for being so smart to lock him up in his prime. We just got snakebit again.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If a talking head said it then the direct opposite is true.

If you want great players on your team then that's the price you pay. The only team that can get around it are the cheats but that's because they cheat and their no names can then play like all pros.

The only bad contact the rams made was for tavon. Shouldn't they have known he wasn't all in to being a professional wr before they gave him that extension? When you give a player that much money you better believe he's all about football.

What about tagging Tru Johnson twice ??

Big Rob needs to step up, but Higbee really had a breakout season.

Goff will restructure, he & Mcvay are tied to the Hip!!

RAMsey is the contract that needs to get done ?? Talk about over PAYING ??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If TG was still the old TG, the Rams FO would be getting praise for being so smart to lock him up in his prime. We just got snakebit again.

NOT TRUE - just snake bitten ?? It keeps happening. It’s a bad pattern that needs to change. The Rams did not even get a draft pick.
The Rams were lucky to get something Peters. Corbett was an excellent trade!! Les has done good with his moves.It’s the contracts.
Demoff needed to let L.
BELL make the market. He sat out the season. The Jets are paying for it now. What they didn’t see The Rams Gurley deal ???
It was CJ Anderson that took The Rams to the SuperBowl!! Gurley had a Great 3/4qrts of 2018z

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What about tagging Tru Johnson twice ??

They did him a huge favour. There's no way he was worth anywhere near what they paid him while he was tagged. It was a perplexing situation for the fans seeing him get paid like that. Then he got a huge deal from the jets and they regretted it almost instantly when the new season started. I reckon he made double the money he would have if the rams let him hit the market a couple of years earlier.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They did him a huge favour. There's no way he was worth anywhere near what they paid him while he was tagged. It was a perplexing situation for the fans seeing him get paid like that. Then he got a huge deal from the jets and they regretted it almost instantly when the new season started. I reckon he made double the money he would have if the rams let him hit the market a couple of years earlier.

Should have locked him up early & let JJ walk & not even think twice. They got caught with there pants down.
I keep bringing up Cory Littleton as well.

—Big Rob got paid big. He could still workout ?? The Rams have Excellent Depth though with Evans & Brewer moving forward.
—Higbee is looking like an excellent signing Right Now!!
Does Everett get a Comp Pick ??

—— My Hope is KEVIN DEMOFF in some form or another has grown from the past.
An example is over paying so he could break the contract down to nonsense like
777777 or 888888 ??? That has stopped.

McSneads drafting will pay off starting from the end of 2020. What do The Rams do about Copper Kupp already having a knee surgery?? Do The Rams sign early or play out ??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Agree , now I wonder how much Kevin Demoff played in the new LOGO ??

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Demoff is on my shit list. The dude needs to be locked in an office in the basement like a fucking trained monkey who only does cap management.

And Snead. All I can say is this is his season to demonstrate he can give McVay a team that can compete. If the roster comes up short I would fire his ass and bring in a GM who has a strong long-vision view.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Demoff is on my shit list. The dude needs to be locked in an office in the basement like a fucking trained monkey who only does cap management.

And Snead. All I can say is this is his season to demonstrate he can give McVay a team that can compete. If the roster comes up short I would fire his ass and bring in a GM who has a strong long-vision view.
They should be treated no differently from players or coaches underperforming. They been here too damn long and apart of me felt like they should of changed when Fisher left. Final straw for both imho.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just keep shaking my head & thinking how can Kevin Demoff let the salary cap get so out of control???

Granted I enjoyed watching Todd Gurley developing as a Top Ram RB
as a Ram. Just why not let his rookies deal run out ?? The Rams did not even get to his option. They held out with Aaron Donald. Why not Gurley ??

Cooks - I liked the Trade, but why sign him to that contract ??

Goff ?? Not sure about his contract, but I think that just shows what his future as a Ram will be. He was one of the youngest QB’s in the NFL & is an ascending player. He & Mcvay are tied at the hip. Plus I think he is such a team guy,asking him to restructure is not going to be a problem like it might have been with Todd Gurley.

RAMsey ??? I don’t know what to think there ??? I just know The Rams were in great shape with the salary cap finally & boom. Ogletree & Quinn ???
Les Snead did a good job of getting those contracts off the books. Gurley I wanted them to trade, but had to eat some of that .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

YEP!! Can’t even go there. I will say though that Kevin Demoff cares & wants the Best for The Rams.’

Stinking to the one thing that pisses me off. Signs contracts like he is the agent. His (cute) 77 cents with Whitworth. Will see how that contract plays out. There was some creativeness there ??

fearsomefour

Legend
He is a great businessman and does whats best for the Rams, however...

My Rant is that he lied to St. Louis fans about anything regarding the move or potential move That is all I have to say about that. I am no longer angry about that, but you see what the Raiders did. They said they were moving and the fans will showed up after hearing of the move.
Way different fan bases.
The Rams said they were staying....or trying to stay.....and no one showed up.
But the move was inevitable.
It had zero to do with butts in seats.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

You will be surprised by The Rams talent in 2020 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.