Kenny Young Traded

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
A Rams/Broncos trade not involving Von Miller?

Color me disappointed. Yeah i'm greedy.
I'm with you, someone has to say it. We need to promote lopsided trades in our favor all day. Besides, we should be promoting all of our players, that way we can sucker the other GMs that read this forum to give us a favorable trade. I hear Troy Reeder is the next Lawrence Taylor.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Definitely puzzling.

For one, Young was getting the most snaps at ILB up until yesterday. He appeared to be playing well; and was often talked-up by the coaches during Camp and the Pre-season.

Then there is the minimal return. It's not even a sixth round pick for Young. It's Young and a #7 for a #6. So the Rams are basically moving-up one round at the cost of their most productive (to-date) ILB.

And it's a 2024 sixth round draft choice. Had Young played-out the season, and signed elsewhere in free agency, that may have gotten the Rams a 2023 sixth round compensatory pick.

Maybe there is a trade pending but this move seems to net only about another $1M of cap space.

Maybe the Rams love what they are seeing from Ernest Jones but they still need depth. I don't believe there is an Inside Linebacker on the Practice Squad, so right now it's Reeder, Jones and Travin Howard.

Definitely curious about what may happen next. I hope it's something. Heck! I'm 4th on the depth chart at ILB!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Young made that 4th and 1 stop yesterday, Not sure if they showed it on TV or not but Jalen chased Young to almost the end zone and knocked Young on his ass. Jalen was so excited he kept congratulating him all the way to the sideline where the other players and coaches congratulated him. Young is a spark plug not sure how popular this will be in the clubhouse.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Now, if only the Rams can trade A'Shawn Robinson, our CAP situation for this and next year would improve dramatically.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure about this trade. Are we exploring a trade for an ILB? We obviously need more depth now.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I really hope they know what they're doing. While Young hasn't been amazing he is the only LB that has made any plays at all this year
Doesnt Reeder have two ints? That's pretty good for ILB and even better for someone with minimal playing time

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Reeder was shit yesterday, but they play different spots.
Maybe they feel Howard gives them more at that spot.
Putting Jones in for Reeder… just ahead of the Titans game, makes no sense to me.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The cap moves are getting curiouser and curiouser. What is Snead up to??

Something big would be interesting. Rams don't really need draft picks, but a blockbuster trade involving picks & multiple players wouldn't be beyond Snead.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Huh? How does this even make sense? Is if we have a plethora of good young healthy ILBs on the roster? Lol
It's got Marcus Peters vibes all over it. Straight away our best corner but then bring in something better. However I really wish we were stopped trading players away for cheap

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
It's got Marcus Peters vibes all over it. Straight away our best corner but then bring in something better. However I really wish we were stopped trading players away for cheap
Well it's not like young was anything better than an average player. But I see your point

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Well how about Myles Jack? Just throwing names out there of players in a position of need on sucky teams. Any thoughts?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm with you, someone has to say it. We need to promote lopsided trades in our favor all day. Besides, we should be promoting all of our players, that way we can sucker the other GMs that read this forum to give us a favorable trade. I hear Troy Reeder is the next Lawrence Taylor.
I'd have given them a 3rd, 6th and Kenny Young for a 32 yr old Miller. No hesitation. Reckless?

The Broncos aren't going to win shit until they find a QB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Reeder was shit yesterday, but they play different spots.
Maybe they feel Howard gives them more at that spot.
Putting Jones in for Reeder… just ahead of the Titans game, makes no sense to me.
They have always loved Howard so yeah makes sense that they figure he's equal to Young. I don't agree but I do like making room for Jones.

WillasDad

Rookie
Name
WillasDad
How much do the Raiders like Corey Littleton? Wonder if we have a chance at bringing him back.

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
And it's also interesting in this reason: Young is a free agent after this year. It's best that we got something for him, even if it's a faraway sixth.
But he also made like $3 million this year, so I wonder if we're looking to acquire someone. Most likely yes.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'd have given them a 3rd, 6th and Kenny Young for a 32 yr old Miller. No hesitation. Reckless?

The Broncos aren't going to win shit until they find a QB.
I'm with you on that trade. We'd have some much needed heat added to the pass rush for sure.