Kenny Britt?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious what other Rams fans expect out of Kenny Britt this coming season. Do you think Jeff Fisher has enough confidence in Britt (and, the development of the other Rams WR's as well) to bypass Sammy Watkins with their #2 pick? It would be very difficult for me not to pick Watkins unless I had a lot of confidence in Britt and the other Rams receivers (Givens, Bailey, Austin, Quick, Pettis, etc)! But, IF, Fisher does feel good about Britt that could allow him to go in another direction with his #2 pick (Clowney, Robinson, Mack, Matthews, etc).

PhxRam

Just curious what other Rams fans expect out of Kenny Britt this coming season. Do you think Jeff Fisher has enough confidence in Britt (and, the development of the other Rams WR's as well) to bypass Sammy Watkins with their #2 pick? It would be very difficult for me not to pick Watkins unless I had a lot of confidence in Britt and the other Rams receivers (Givens, Bailey, Austin, Quick, Pettis, etc)! But, IF, Fisher does feel good about Britt that could allow him to go in another direction with his #2 pick (Clowney, Robinson, Mack, Matthews, etc).

I expect no less then Brian Quick production.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I expect no less then Brian Quick production.

I agree. And, as much as I have been hoping the Rams would pick Watkins (If, Clowney goes #1) I am starting to hope Britt can contribute immediately to the Rams WR group this season and the Rams end up drafting Robinson with their top pick.

Muleman

UDFA
I really don't think that Quick or Britt will be a factor in our first selection. I think they will have the top of their board stacked by talent and not needs for first pick. After the first pick at the top, then I do believe current roster could and most likely will influence their selections. So, if Sammy is rated the top player on the board at our selection, he will be the pick. However my personal opinion is that Sammy is most likely not higher than the 3rd player on their board.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Cut Pettis and draft Watkins. No problem, really. Of course this plays out in after an epic camp battle.

Brian "Avery" Quick better show up.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I really don't think that Quick or Britt will be a factor in our first selection. I think they will have the top of their board stacked by talent and not needs for first pick. After the first pick at the top, then I do believe current roster could and most likely will influence their selections. So, if Sammy is rated the top player on the board at our selection, he will be the pick. However my personal opinion is that Sammy is most likely not higher than the 3rd player on their board.

Who do you think the Rams have as their top 3 players (In order)? I am guessing Clowney, Robinson, Watkins, Matthews, Mack and Evans would be on their prospect list. I am guessing Robinson will end up being their selection. I sure am "Wishy Washy" since I had Watkins as the player I thought they would pick last week. But, I won't be disappointed with any of the above mentioned players (And, if the Rams can trade down and still get one of those players that would be even that much better!)!

Muleman

UDFA
Who do you think the Rams have as their top 3 players (In order)? I am guessing Clowney, Robinson, Watkins, Matthews, Mack and Evans would be on their prospect list. I am guessing Robinson will end up being their selection. I sure am "Wishy Washy" since I had Watkins as the player I thought they would pick last week. But, I won't be disappointed with any of the above mentioned players (And, if the Rams can trade down and still get one of those players that would be even that much better!)!
I actually have Robinson as my 1, then Clowney, due to all media hype surrounding his work ethic. Sammy is 3 for me. The 4th player is where I'm not sure, if based on talent and potential elite upside alone I'm inclined to think it would be conceivable for Mack to be 4 and then maybe Evans before Mathews. I don't want to come off as a Mathews basher, because I really like him and won't be disappointed if he is our selection, but I just don't see Mathews having a chance at becoming an elite like I do the guys above him. I'm sure that I'm wrong on this in comparison with the Rams board. I'm like you if we can move down a little and still get one of those guys we have mentioned I'm all in.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I actually have Robinson as my 1, then Clowney, due to all media hype surrounding his work ethic. Sammy is 3 for me. The 4th player is where I'm not sure, if based on talent and potential elite upside alone I'm inclined to think it would be conceivable for Mack to be 4 and then maybe Evans before Mathews. I don't want to come off as a Mathews basher, because I really like him and won't be disappointed if he is our selection, but I just don't see Mathews having a chance at becoming an elite like I do the guys above him. I'm sure that I'm wrong on this in comparison with the Rams board. I'm like you if we can move down a little and still get one of those guys we have mentioned I'm all in.

As much as I can't believe I am saying this but I am starting to agree with you about wanting Robinson over Clowney (I am shocked I am saying this!)! Not only do some of the rumors about Clowney's work ethics concern me but I also think the Rams OL needs a lot more help than the Rams DE (Quinn, Long, Sims, Hayes, etc) position.

Muleman

UDFA
As much as I can't believe I am saying this but I am starting to agree with you about wanting Robinson over Clowney (I am shocked I am saying this!)! Not only do some of the rumors about Clowney's work ethics concern me but I also think the Rams OL needs a lot more help than the Rams DE (Quinn, Long, Sims, Hayes, etc) position.
I'm an old school football fan and believe games are still won/lost in the trench. We have Quinn who is elite on the defensive side, now I think we should take the chance at an elite on the offensive side as well. Not too often you are in this position to get a shot at an elite prospect this high in the draft. Quite frankly hope we aren't in a position to draft this high up for the next few decades.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I'm an old school football fan and believe games are still won/lost in the trench. We have Quinn who is elite on the defensive side, now I think we should take the chance at an elite on the offensive side as well. Not too often you are in this position to get a shot at an elite prospect this high in the draft. Quite frankly hope we aren't in a position to draft this high up for the next few decades.

Totally agree! You are a very good SALESMAN! I was definitely a Watkins for the #2 pick supporter before your posts but now I am a Robinson for the #2 pick supporter (But, Watkins would be a very, very good consolation prize!)!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have a better thought about Quick & Britt here.....both about the same in size speed and frame so just maybe Quick will get to work in tight with Britt and learn and see how Britt uses his talent to make plays. I see this not as a negative but a positive here. As Sam learns to use Britt in this offense Quick can be used in the same manner.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kenny Britt will be our leading WR next year ...heard it here first

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
As posted in other replies, I believe if Britt is indeed healthy, he will contribute in a BIG way and at the VERY least, be our #2 WR if not #1

paceram

Pro Bowler
Kenny Britt will be our leading WR next year ...heard it here first

That will be ok with me but my personal (Very NON-PROFESSIONAL!) opinion/guess is Steadman Bailey will be the Rams leading receiver this season.

jjab360

Legend
LOL, that's about as bold a statement as saying I can be my crippled grandfather in a race!

It also means they won't draft Watkins.
I would think saying you can transform into your grandfather is a very bold statement.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick

Totally agree! You are a very good SALESMAN! I was definitely a Watkins for the #2 pick supporter before your posts but now I am a Robinson for the #2 pick supporter (But, Watkins would be a very, very good consolation prize!)!

Damnit would you two update a avatar please! I keep getting confused who is writing what! And Yes, I read books with only pictures...

FRO

Legend
If Britt plays to his potential he will have a huge year. The problem is he has never been able to play to his full potential. Hopefully 2014 is his breakout year. He is still very young.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Just curious what other Rams fans expect out of Kenny Britt this coming season.

I think Kenny Britt has great skills---though last year he was injured (?)--mentally and maybe physically. Britt is 25-26 years old and was onto a big year in 2011--and hasn't done much since....and he is lazy.

BUt, I am sure he owns a house, and I am sure that he needs around $2million to live 'his life'...those types of things might motivate him. They motivate me.

I wouldn't be surprised with 45 balls for 700 yards and 5 td's. Alongside Stedman and Tavon taht would put some pressure on other teams. I would like to see him and Shermie boy go at it. Britt is strong.

Don't forget the rams didn't have a receive in camp to bully the Rams corners like BOldin. Britt might be that guy during camp time. IF they cut Britt before the first game, they only owe him $150,000. So, he is EXTREMELY cheap. Many vetereans have had turn arounds midway through their careers. Britt needs to change his mentality, his game is already very good.