Kenny Britt?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Just curious what other Rams fans expect out of Kenny Britt this coming season.

I think Kenny Britt has great skills---though last year he was injured (?)--mentally and maybe physically. Britt is 25-26 years old and was onto a big year in 2011--and hasn't done much since....and he is lazy.

BUt, I am sure he owns a house, and I am sure that he needs around $2million to live 'his life'...those types of things might motivate him. They motivate me.

I wouldn't be surprised with 45 balls for 700 yards and 5 td's. Alongside Stedman and Tavon taht would put some pressure on other teams. I would like to see him and Shermie boy go at it. Britt is strong.

Don't forget the rams didn't have a receive in camp to bully the Rams corners like BOldin. Britt might be that guy during camp time. IF they cut Britt before the first game, they only owe him $150,000. So, he is EXTREMELY cheap. Many vetereans have had turn arounds midway through their careers. Britt needs to change his mentality, his game is already very good.
When I went back and watched his 2011 highlights, he reminded me of what I am seeing from Alshon Jeffery now. Big and strong! Could you imagine if he is healthy and finally growing up what he can do? And the possibility of pairing him with either a Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans!?!?

I know he has to prove it first.... but as you said he is CHEAP. There is NO downfall to this.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
When I went back and watched his 2011 highlights, he reminded me of what I am seeing from Alshon Jeffery now. Big and strong! Could you imagine if he is healthy and finally growing up what he can do? And the possibility of pairing him with either a Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans!?!?

I know he has to prove it first.... but as you said he is CHEAP. There is NO downfall to this.
I saw a whole game from 2011 and he was a stud. Not totally consistent in his routes and all the details, but a guy that corners don't know what to do with because he is about 220 pounds, but was running a 4.4-- he also plays pretty angry, and doesn't take crap from anyone. he could teach Brian Quick some serious lessons.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I really think this team will succeed with wr by committee. It really doesn't matter who our #1 is as long as guys make plays when their number gets called. I doubt we select Watkins at #2 after spending a top ten pick on wr last year.
IMO this is cooks year to breakout more than anyone else's

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I saw a whole game from 2011 and he was a stud. Not totally consistent in his routes and all the details, but a guy that corners don't know what to do with because he is about 220 pounds, but was running a 4.4-- he also plays pretty angry, and doesn't take crap from anyone. he could teach Brian Quick some serious lessons.
He uses his hands really well and he WILL run over you! He high points the ball. I think a lot of his early issues were due to his immaturity and injuries..... think about it, going into yr 6 and only 25 yrs old. Same age as Pettis who is only going into year 4. He has tons of motivation to perform, because if he doesn't ... he could be out of the league very soon. He and Greg Reid are my two favorite moves of the offseason as far as intrigue and upside. And both are very cheap if they don't show out so the risk is worth the reward if they do.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I wasn't pleased with the signing of Britt at first. I warmed up to it once i found out what his price tag is. He's a bargain with tons of upside. (And downside for that matter)

If he can keep his head on straight, he'll be nice veteran compliment to the younger wr's. I'm fond of player/coaches. Sometimes it's easier to pick something up if you see someone else doing it. Hopefully Quick will do just that.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If I had to guess... Britt will end up a preseason cut.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong, but that's my feel right now. Still, it's worth kicking the tires on him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
What I'm expecting out of Kenny Britt? I'm expecting him to be cut before the season starts. He was the Cortland Finnegan of receivers last year. To expect anything more than below-average performance is expecting too much.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I think Britt would have to screw the pooch big time not to be on the team and get significant snaps. If the Rams do take a WR early and I do think Evans, Beckham or Watson is in play, either Quick and Givens are coming to camp trying to win a spot on the roster.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
What I'm expecting out of Kenny Britt? I'm expecting him to be cut before the season starts. He was the Cortland Finnegan of receivers last year. To expect anything more than below-average performance is expecting too much.
I am a fan, not a coach. With money on the line no one could be on Britt--he has let everyone down, but himself first. Irving Fryar had a mediocre career for 6 years (considering he was the #1 pick in the draft),and then started making probowls in 1993 his -9th year. (He made it as a punter returner in his 2nd year). So just like IRving Fryar had a "life for-do", I am hopeing the same for Brittsy boy.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Cut Pettis and draft Watkins. No problem, really. Of course this plays out in after an epic camp battle.

Brian "Avery" Quick better show up.

I wouldn't be so quick to toss the WR Bradford probably trusts the most. Besides, Pettis is a still a strong option in a Ricky Proehl / Dane Looker type of role, IMO.

I am a fan, not a coach. With money on the line no one could be on Britt--he has let everyone down, but himself first. Irving Fryar had a mediocre career for 6 years (considering he was the #1 pick in the draft),and then started making probowls in 1993 his -9th year. (He made it as a punter returner in his 2nd year). So just like IRving Fryar had a "life for-do", I am hopeing the same for Brittsy boy.

True. Brandon Lloyd did very little for 6-7 seasons, too, then BOOM.

BadCompany

Rookie
I really think this team will succeed with wr by committee. It really doesn't matter who our #1 is as long as guys make plays when their number gets called. I doubt we select Watkins at #2 after spending a top ten pick on wr last year.
IMO this is cooks year to breakout more than anyone else's

I'm on board with the WR-by-Committee approach, but I think it will be Austin who is the big break-out star. Yeah, he isn't your typical WR, but so what? If he's getting 15 yards per catch, with some pretty regular 80 yarders then who cares if he's an end-zone threat? We won't need that if we're scoring from the 40 yard line! ;)

I don't have many expectations for Britt. You're swinging for the fences, but it certainly isn't going to hurt you if you miss. If I had to guess I would say he makes the team and puts up some pretty mediocre, here-for-only-one-year type numbers.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OK New Joisey are we on or what? (y)

Fuck outta here with that new joisey bs :love:....but no of course were not on with a wager that gives me 1 player and you every other player...really stepped out on a limb there Les :p...

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OK New Joisey are we on or what? (y)

If you want to make a bet like that you gotta give me some odds....and where I'm from picking a busted first round pick this early in the offseason, who's not even guaranteed to make the team, or receive playing time, with a very extensive injury history, before the draft in which we might take a first round WR, would pay out to the tune of 1,000 to 1...so the balls in your court...we on? :popcorn::effemine::shades::snicker::goodluck:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
75-80 rec 800-900 yds.... assuming Sam, ya know, has time to throw the ball more than 6 yds per clip.