Kenny Britt Released By Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tempests

Hall of Fame
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/06/report-patriots-picking-up-kenny-britts-option/

Patriots picking up Kenny Britt’s option
Posted by Josh Alper on March 6, 2018

gettyimages-913464822-e1520369867774.jpg

Getty Images

The Patriots brought wide receiver Kenny Britt to the team late last season and they apparently saw enough to keep him around for a longer look in 2018.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Patriots will exercise their option for the second year on Britt’s contract. Britt is set to make just under $1.5 million with another $500,000 in incentives.

Britt signed a richer contract with the Browns last year, but quickly fell out of favor in the first year of a four-year pact. He was released after catching 18 passes in nine games and caught on with the Patriots. He played three games and caught two passes in New England before taking a seat for the entire postseason.

Danny Amendola is a free agent for the Patriots, who hope to have Julian Edelman and Malcolm Mitchell back in action after they missed all of last season with knee injuries. Brandin Cooks, Chris Hogan and Phillip Dorsett round out the receiving group in New England.

And now...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/22/report-patriots-releasing-kenny-britt/

Patriots releasing Kenny Britt
Posted by Josh Alper on August 22, 2018, 4:37 PM EDT
gettyimages-913464822-e1534970218936.jpg

Getty Images

The Patriots receiving corps is reportedly getting a little thinner.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the team is releasing Kenny Britt.

Britt hurt his hamstring during the team’s June minicamp and never got off the physically unable to perform list this summer. He said recently that he knew he was falling behind as a result of his absence from practice and the Patriots obviously tired of waiting for him to catch up.

Britt is the third experienced wideout dispatched by the Patriots since the start of camp. Jordan Matthews and Malcolm Mitchell were also having a hard time getting and/or staying healthy before getting their walking papers.

With Britt out of the mix, the Patriots have Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan, Philip Dorsett, Cordarrelle Patterson, Eric Decker, Riley McCarron, Braxton Berrios, Paul Turner and Devin Lucien at wideout. Matthew Slater is listed as a wide receiver, but rarely plays outside of special teams work.

UPDATE 4:44 p.m. ET: Britt’s agent confirmed Rapaport’s report.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I will post this about Jeff Fisher, he got the most out of Kenny Britt!

TexasRam

Legend
haha my bad.

Cook not Cooks.

i will now begin my walk of shame with Jake B and other Transgressors!