Kenny Britt is now "fool's gold?"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The theory that Britt is just "getting it"??? Where does that nonsense come from? Even in his rookie year he averaged 16+ a catch. He had an injury in his 3rd year and only played 3 games. In his previous 7 years he played with some below average QBs and still even throwing in a year where he averaged 8 yards per catch, his career stats 16+.

Suddenly this year with a QB that can put the ball on him his catch % through 6 games 75%.

Maybe the perceived problem has largely been on the other end of the throws. Britt is a beast

I'm with you 110% on this, Bart. Britt would have had 1000+ yards the past two years with better QB play. I can't forget how many times Shaun Hill missed him deep in 2014.

But Britt appears to be doing a better job this year of making contested catches. Then again, we're actually giving him the opportunity. For whatever reason, we refused to run slants last year with Cignetti. Britt has been hurting teams with slants this year.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He makes a lot of tough catches and practically carried the offense in Detroit . He was 6" short of another TD because thier D made a great play . He also plays with great emotion and heart . Thats just what the Rams needed out of him this year , so I would get him under contract ASAP.

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm thinking the same thing about Britt as I am about the entire team... need to see more consistency on the positive front.

I do play fantasy and I have some rivals on my team (Johnson for AZ)... if I'm gonna plunk down $150 to play (payout is $800 - I won one year), I'm certainly not going to shoot myself in the foot.

Love my Rams... having an AZ player on some fantasy team doesn't make me root for that player... I can compartmentalize.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Kind of reminds me that some people actually make money playing video games...TBS actually has a ongoing show dedicated to it...Unbelievable to me..

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Kind of reminds me that some people actually make money playing video games...TBS actually has a ongoing show dedicated to it...Unbelievable to me..
Get enough sponsors around something, and you can make money doing anything.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Isn't Britt only signed for this year?

Why do I get the feeling that he will be on some other team next year.

lockdnram21

Legend
I usually doubt a guy finally "clicking" in his 8th year. That is a pretty good sample size to see what a guy is. Is it possible that he has finally grown into his potential? Yeah, but it is also possible that this is the guy having his "career" year, and as it usually seems to it is in a contract year.

From a fantasy perspective it is also reasonable to note that Detroit has one of the worst pass defenses in the league and so this last game is likely to be an aberration rather than a sign of things to come.
But isn't slay one of the top cb in nfl?

lockdnram21

Legend
Isn't Britt only signed for this year?

Why do I get the feeling that he will be on some other team next year.
Probably will unless he just loves fisher.. They gotta keep one of Quick or Britt... I would keep both and try and get something for Tavon in a trade

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The theory that Britt is just "getting it"??? Where does that nonsense come from? Even in his rookie year he averaged 16+ a catch. He had an injury in his 3rd year and only played 3 games. In his previous 7 years he played with some below average QBs and still even throwing in a year where he averaged 8 yards per catch, his career stats 16+.

Suddenly this year with a QB that can put the ball on him his catch % through 6 games 75%.

Maybe the perceived problem has largely been on the other end of the throws. Britt is a beast

I second @jrry32 's comment I think it was the QB's he has been stuck with.

He's playing so well right now.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

HEJcoGx.png

Ellard80

Legend
Wait... some guy is telling us that Rams receivers don't have high fantasy value...

Groundbreaking analysis...

But it does look like (barring injury) that Kenny is going to get 1000 this year.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have never, and will never, play fantasy football.

But let's glean some valuable information here for real football.

When they sell out on stopping the run and overload the box... BURN THEIR ASSES THROUGH THE AIR!!!
I think you and I are the last two on earth that have never played. :)