Kenny Britt is now "fool's gold?"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This is for those who are into fantasy football.
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/10/18/...s-white-kenny-britt-doug-martin-jordan-howard

The Rise of James White, Kenny Britt Is Fool’s Gold, Buy Doug Martin, Fear for Jordan Howard
Plus, all sorts of advice on waiver wire candidates, buy-low and sell-high options heading into Week 7
By Gary Gramling

Kenny Britt: In a way, he’s the beneficiary of low expectations. No opponent is sending extra help to cover Britt, and it’s allowed him to pull in 30 of his 40 targets while opponents send everyone toward the line of scrimmage to stop Todd Gurley.

Last week’s two-TD game was a fluke; Britt’s absolute ceiling is the six-catch, 60-yard average he was putting up prior to last week. That’s not a bad ceiling, but it’s one of a fringe starter.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I always thought Britt could do better if they made more of an effort to involve him. Keenum seems to have a good rapport with him. But one more inch at the goal line woulda put him in higher status in my mind. One inch short. Sounds like my wife's complaint for years. :whistle::mad::oops:

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
giphy.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Keenum seems to have a good rapport with him
And for good reason.
According to Britt, Keenum was hitting him up all off-season to work on their game.
They got together a lot.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Good I just put him on both of my fantasy teams, I rarely listen to these experts.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Don't care about Fantasy value, although
I know a lot of guys do ...I know I really like him in "real" football !!!

Last edited:

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I usually doubt a guy finally "clicking" in his 8th year. That is a pretty good sample size to see what a guy is. Is it possible that he has finally grown into his potential? Yeah, but it is also possible that this is the guy having his "career" year, and as it usually seems to it is in a contract year.

From a fantasy perspective it is also reasonable to note that Detroit has one of the worst pass defenses in the league and so this last game is likely to be an aberration rather than a sign of things to come.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
:gtfo: I swear I work with a guy that plays FF and when one of his players doesn't do well he blames the coach and says he did it on purpose because to many people have him in FF:rolllaugh:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is for those who are into fantasy football.
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/10/18/...s-white-kenny-britt-doug-martin-jordan-howard

The Rise of James White, Kenny Britt Is Fool’s Gold, Buy Doug Martin, Fear for Jordan Howard
Plus, all sorts of advice on waiver wire candidates, buy-low and sell-high options heading into Week 7
By Gary Gramling

Kenny Britt: In a way, he’s the beneficiary of low expectations. No opponent is sending extra help to cover Britt, and it’s allowed him to pull in 30 of his 40 targets while opponents send everyone toward the line of scrimmage to stop Todd Gurley.

Last week’s two-TD game was a fluke; Britt’s absolute ceiling is the six-catch, 60-yard average he was putting up prior to last week. That’s not a bad ceiling, but it’s one of a fringe starter.
I have no clue who this writer is, But he apparently didn't notice what Britt was doing with the ball after-the-catch last week and before!!
And while we are on the subject of Fantasy Football, did anyone else notice, on the NFLN Fantascy Football show yesterday, No less an expert than Adam Rank, was repeatedly tell people to take Case Keenum in the Rams vs Giants game Sunday!!(y):D I hope that is a good sign!!:thinking:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I have never, and will never, play fantasy football.

But let's glean some valuable information here for real football.

When they sell out on stopping the run and overload the box... BURN THEIR ASSES THROUGH THE AIR!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

When they sell out on stopping the run and overload the box... BURN THEIR ASSES THROUGH THE AIR!!!
Avery astute observation Bro! It looks like our OC had this idea last week against the Lions! I hope he continues to follow your advice!!

ramfan46

Pro Bowler

I don't play FF to keep my "hate" pure. I'm not actively rooting for any player that does not wear the Horns.

Slants, sluggos, digs and go routes should be thrown to Kenny with regularity. He does drop a ball here and there, but he's one of the best playmakers on the team. Should be getting 8-12 targets a game. This will help open things up for Tavon and Gurley.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I don't play FF to keep my "hate" pure. I'm not actively rooting for any player that does not wear the Horns.

Slants, sluggos, digs and go routes should be thrown to Kenny with regularity. He does drop a ball here and there, but he's one of the best playmakers on the team. Should be getting 8-12 targets a game. This will help open things up for Tavon and Gurley.

Hahaha

I'm with you on the purity too.

There was one time that someone was begging me to play FF... and I mean BEGGING. I told them I would only consider it if I could just claim all Ram players and their Defense. They wouldn't go for it LOL.

I just can't root for a player on another team. I don't have it in me.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Kenny Britt is a beast....he's almost as big as Harkey/Kendricks....He's definitely bigger than Higbee...and fast. I don't see why he wasn't used more in previous years...

Imagine if Kenny is JUST NOW getting the offense down pat? Geez, this WCO system is difficult!:eek:o_O

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I usually doubt a guy finally "clicking" in his 8th year. That is a pretty good sample size to see what a guy is. Is it possible that he has finally grown into his potential? Yeah, but it is also possible that this is the guy having his "career" year, and as it usually seems to it is in a contract year.

From a fantasy perspective it is also reasonable to note that Detroit has one of the worst pass defenses in the league and so this last game is likely to be an aberration rather than a sign of things to come.

Could also be he's never really had a QB that could get him the ball. And we never really got the chance to see what him and Bradford could be.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The theory that Britt is just "getting it"??? Where does that nonsense come from? Even in his rookie year he averaged 16+ a catch. He had an injury in his 3rd year and only played 3 games. In his previous 7 years he played with some below average QBs and still even throwing in a year where he averaged 8 yards per catch, his career stats 16+.

Suddenly this year with a QB that can put the ball on him his catch % through 6 games 75%.

Maybe the perceived problem has largely been on the other end of the throws. Britt is a beast

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Fantasy Schmantasy.

I can't believe people get paid to write about it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hahaha

I with you on the purity too.

There was one time that someone was begging me to play FF... and I mean BEGGING. I told them I would only consider it if I could just claim all Ram players and their Defense. They wouldn't go for it LOL.

I just can't root for a player on another team. I don't have it in me.

I didn't play fantasy for a long time, but I've played the past couple years with friends. I started a league this year with my old college buddies, so we could stay connected and trash talk a bit.

But I care more about the Rams winning than I do my fantasy team winning. Thus, I refused to pick any Cardinals, Seahawks, and 49ers. I also bench any player on a team playing the Rams. I don't want to be rooting against the Rams.