Kenny Britt Expected to Sign with the Browns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Britt was a really solid WR for us and, with better QB play, could have had huge numbers. He often drew the opposition's top CB as well while doing it given the Rams lack of weapons. I'm not sure what more people were expecting. Britt isn't an elite WR. That's fine. Not every player can be. I'm not going to hold that against him. He had a few mental hiccups but for what he was paid he more than held up his end of the bargain.

For all the complaints about his character and off field issues he was nothing but well behaved as a Ram. "Better character" players such as Stedman Bailey - who is still my favourite Ram WR of the past 5 or so seasons, BTW - had way more issues than he did.

I wish Britt nothing but the best in Cleveland. He went for the money. So what. Many players do. And they don't get heat for it. Not sure why Britt is. The Rams should be fine without him but I appreciated his contributions here.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Eh, whatever. Get in your go kart and take Brian Quick with you too.

Had a feeling. I said a while back that there are some dudes on this team who are more focused on their own popularity than football. Tru is another one, as is Tavon, and to a lesser extent, Gurley.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Garbage. Good riddance, he'll be cut in a year or two as a cap casualty.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Had a feeling. I said a while back that there are some dudes on this team who are more focused on their own popularity than football. Tru is another one, as is Tavon, and to a lesser extent, Gurley.

Everything I see and hear from Tavon I think that guy works his butt off - on his own time. I see him and Sted working out all the time. Lifting weights, running routes, doing footwork in sand, etc. Heck just a few days ago it was Sted, Tavon, and Tru

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Everything I see and hear from Tavon I think that guy works his butt off - on his own time. I see him and Sted working out all the time. Lifting weights, running routes, doing footwork in sand, etc. Heck just a few days ago it was Sted, Tavon, and Tru
How did you find out about that? instagram, twitter, snapchat, facebook, or all 4?

That's tongue-in-cheek, mostly. And it's not a fact, just my opinion. Some guys you can watch when they're not on the field, and you get a feeling that they're not really all that invested in their profession. It's kind of hard to explain. I could be totally off the mark about it, as I obviously don't follow these guys around their whole careers, but when I see players clowning on the sidelines during a loss, or in the locker room after a loss, it kind of tells me all I need to know.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
How did you find out about that? instagram, twitter, snapchat, facebook, or all 4?

That's tongue-in-cheek, mostly. And it's not a fact, just my opinion. Some guys you can watch when they're not on the field, and you get a feeling that they're not really all that invested in their profession. It's kind of hard to explain. I could be totally off the mark about it, as I obviously don't follow these guys around their whole careers, but when I see players clowning on the sidelines during a loss, or in the locker room after a loss, it kind of tells me all I need to know.

Lot of guys like that on this roster under Fish tbh. It isn't going to be easy for McVay to change that culture, but these two they just signed will help.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

Mostly twitter and snapchat. I do agree with that clowning around attitude etc. There are lot of things I see on those social media things that make me agree with your view of them.

I just know that I see them working on their craft. Maybe with a coach that is obsessive about details and winning will help guide these guys to do the same things.

Rather than the coach that was more concerned about clowning with the media and being in the spotlight than winning.

Ram65

Legend
Too bad KB doesn't go all out. Cleveland is a nice match. Though he would do better as an Eagle. It get really cold in Cleveland. maybe, the Phila crowd would have been too much for him when he didn't go all out or dropped another easy one. I supported him and wanted him to show his talent as a Ram. Something to watch is Britt vs. Woods just for fun.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe

I think it's a few bad egg's that screw up our chemistry... Britt being a huge one.

Tavon seems like a knucklehead... but maybe all of that changes with the High Character type of players we're signing.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I never wish former Rams anything but the best when they leave. Same with Britt.

But, there was something about his vibe that I didn't like.

Culture is everything.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I never wish former Rams anything but the best when they leave. Same with Britt.

But, there was something about his vibe that I didn't like.

Culture is everything.

He was a Diva . Always had his shirt off. Was not the most professional. More concerned about other things.
Main thing with Britt was concentration. He lacked it .. Just when he makes a great play he does a boneheaded move.
It was the little things & I question his toughness. He would play hurt, but think about it instead of just balling.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Wow, that just boggles the mind. Going to a team with a worse QB situation than what the Rams had last year ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...terbacks-whoever-is-here-is-going-to-be-here/

Kenny Britt on Browns quarterbacks: “Whoever is here is going to be here”
Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2017

599862840-e1489208472479.jpg
Getty Images

Receiver Kenny Britt decided to join the Browns without knowing who the quarterback will be in 2017. And that’s fine with him.

“We are going to work with the guys we have now,” Britt told reporters on Friday. “We can only hope or wish. That’s not my decision of who they bring in or who they don’t bring in. Whoever is here is going to be here. Whoever is going to be here is going to be here to help us win a championship.”

It’s a simple philosophy, and bluntly pragmatic given the current status of the roster. Britt, who had never gotten a significant payday in the NFL, will receive more than $8 million per year to join the Browns. So details like who will be throwing the passes don’t mean much — especially since Britt managed to gain 1,000 yards with Case Keenum and Jared Goff in 2016.

“They said they are going to get the problem fixed, and I believe that they will,” Britt said. “Regardless of who is the quarterback or what is going to happen throughout the season and OTAs, my job is to make the quarterback look good. Regardless of who they have under center, it is my job to make him look good.”

Britt arrives as Terrelle Pryor leaves. But Britt isn’t thinking about replacing the popular and promising converted quarterback.

“I’m not filling in anybody’s shoes,” Britt said. “I have my own shoes to fill to tell you the truth and walk around in. Whatever he did here was on him, and good luck to his career and his success that he had here, but right now, it is moving forward. We have the players that we have here and who is going to be on the sideline that we are lining up with each other. That is our main focus is us and who is going to be here.”

“Who is going to be here?” is the question Browns fans surely will be asking, over and over again until someone is. Specifically, a quarterback around whom to build.

Until then, Britt will do the best he can with whoever is here. Or there. Or wherever.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Britt was a really solid WR for us and, with better QB play, could have had huge numbers. He often drew the opposition's top CB as well while doing it given the Rams lack of weapons. I'm not sure what more people were expecting. Britt isn't an elite WR. That's fine. Not every player can be. I'm not going to hold that against him. He had a few mental hiccups but for what he was paid he more than held up his end of the bargain.

For all the complaints about his character and off field issues he was nothing but well behaved as a Ram. "Better character" players such as Stedman Bailey - who is still my favourite Ram WR of the past 5 or so seasons, BTW - had way more issues than he did.

I wish Britt nothing but the best in Cleveland. He went for the money. So what. Many players do. And they don't get heat for it. Not sure why Britt is. The Rams should be fine without him but I appreciated his contributions here.

I really agree...I think some guys here were a little too tough on Brittt..Of course everybody is going to have their own perception of value...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Maybe they get RG III to throw it to Britt et, al...I kind of think I'd have to be pretty desperate to sign him at this point...If I were him I'd really be starting to explore other ways of making a living, unless he's financially secure already...

Zero

Pro Bowler
Let's face it these guys have had bad leadership since they
have been in the league.Britt could care less about winning IMO.
It starts at the top and trickles down.
I think McVay will continue to weed out the bad seeds.
Good leadership has been brought in through FA so far.
I think there will be a follow suit or get out movement
taking place and will continue until we have a team we
can be proud of.
Give No Quarter Mr McVay.Give No Quarter

tempests

Hall of Fame

I'm with you.

Was one of our better FA signings under Fisher, IMO.