Kenny Britt Expected to Sign with the Browns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Big Game

Living The Dream

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18862174/kenny-britt-sign-cleveland-browns

Kenny Britt expected to sign with Browns

8:42 AM CT
  • ESPN.com news services

The Cleveland Browns are expected to sign veteran wide receiver Kenny Britt to a four-year, $32.5 million contract, a source told ESPN's Adam Caplan.

The deal, pending any last-minute breakdown in negotiations, includes $17 million guaranteed, the source said.

Britt's eighth season in the NFL was his most productive, as he finished 2016 with career highs in receptions (68) and receiving yards (1,002) to become the Los Angeles Rams' first player in nine years to reach the 1,000-yard milestone.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is classic!!
Eagles thought they had him wrapped up!!!
He picked the Browns over you??
It doesn't get worse than that!!!

fearsomefour

Legend
I cannot think of a better match.

Spotty commitment.
Tons of physic talent that never turns into production.
Sounds like a Brown to me.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
This is classic!!
Eagles thought they had him wrapped up!!!
He picked the Browns over you??
It doesn't get worse than that!!!

It does if you're Britt, because you play for the Browns...

I wonder if this means they're not resigning Pryor?

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Not sad to see him go, but I wish him the best. I'm curious what'll happen with Quick. I'm open to seeing him leave too.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It does if you're Britt, because you play for the Browns...

I wonder if this means they're not resigning Pryor?
Good point on Pryor, wasn't thinking about that. I live in Eagles territory and cant wait to throw in their face that the local boy chose to play in Cleveland with RGIII than staying at home to play with Carson Wentz haha!

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
I sometimes feel that some players are happy to have an early end to the season (i.e. no postseason). Less games played, less injury risk, more years making money.
In some ways not much pressure as they have no QB and they are the Browns.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Wow, that just boggles the mind. Going to a team with a worse QB situation than what the Rams had last year ... and the Browns are possibly going to let Pryor walk and take on a guy like Britt?

Big Game

Living The Dream
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Money talks, if you watched that show that came on about the Rams and there families. You could tell Kenny was going to play extremely hard this year for one last payday. And he did and he got the money from the Browns. I'm sure the reason he chose them was due to the contract.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Money talks, if you watched that show that came on about the Rams and there families. You could tell Kenny was going to play extremely hard this year for one last payday. And he did and he got the money from the Browns. I'm sure the reason he chose them was due to the contract.

Yep. That's why he plays the game. And probably why he's never going to be a winner.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Congrats Kenny! It was a pleasure watching this man work at the practices I attended. Dude is a monster...making most of our DB's look like kids against him....

This bodes well if we wanna look at Pryor or Gordon....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Eh, whatever. Get in your go kart and take Brian Quick with you too.

If that Tweet is true I will make this leap in logic. This is not a new development and he was probably being protected by Fisher since he was a Fisher guy. The guys who remain decided to let him go away on his own now that Fisher is gone.

@Big Game is the winner. It's the money and the Browns most certainly offered more guaranteed cheddar.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
That choice must have been all about the $$ - unless he has family in Cleveland?!?

Good luck Britt - thanks for being a Ram.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Money > Ring for him. Talks of Giants and Cowboys were both great fits for him. If I wanted a ring, I would have tried to make one of those happen.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Eh, whatever. Get in your go kart and take Brian Quick with you too.

giphy.gif

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Britt will always be more comfortable with a losing team. He just doesn't want the pressure.