Kenny 1k yards Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No you are playing what if game, with the Barkley makes the team better stuff. Very silly indeed.
Judging Jeffrey's numbers on seasonal output without looking at games played is pretty inaccurate. He had his career high in YPG in 2015, but only played 9 games. He still amassed 811 yards this year despite missing 5 games, averaging over 73 yards per game. He's not regressing at all considering the QB play has been terrible for a couple seasons now.
What is a bad business plan is to invest in a QB heavily with draft picks, and yet not have a legit weapon for him to throw to.
I agree that there is a ceiling to be had with his salary demands. Had he not missed so much time over the last 2 seasons his salary demands would be so much higher. He's a game changer, and Britt is not
You can't change games if you not playing

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So now we playing the what if game.. lol Alshon has been declining the last 2 years if you wanna pay 13 million per yr or more for him then do it but hopefully we pass on him. He doesn't inspire any confidence and on top of that he can't stay healthy doesn't sound like a very smart business deal

His play hasn't declined at all. His receiving yardage per game over the past two years is equal to his receiving yardage per game in 2013 and 2014.

And he actually didn't miss any games with an injury this year. He was suspended for 4 games for testing positive for a PED.

That's fine with me. Would love for his suspension and 2015 injuries to drive down his value.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His play hasn't declined at all. His receiving yardage per game over the past two years is equal to his receiving yardage per game in 2013 and 2014.

And he actually didn't miss any games with an injury this year. He was suspended for 4 games for testing positive for a PED.

That's fine with me. Would love for his suspension and 2015 injuries to drive down his value.
But would it though but what happened in 2014 was he injured or suspended again. I'm not saying that Alshon isn't better than Britt but I don't and wouldn't pay him the money that he is going to want. If you guys want him then I'm sure there is some team out there that's going to pay him 13-16 million per yr I just hope it's not us

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His best yrs came as a number 2 when BM was getting all the attention since he has been the number 1 he has been good but not elite he hasn't had more than 5 touchdowns the last 2 yrs

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His best yrs came as a number 2 when BM was getting all the attention since he has been the number 1 he has been good but not elite he hasn't had more than 5 touchdowns the last 2 yrs

You gotta stop with the Alshon hate. You're saying a bunch of inaccurate things. Brandon Marshall wasn't the #1 WR in 2014. Alshon was. Marshall was the #2. And here are Alshon's numbers with Marshall and without:
With Marshall
5.4 receptions per game
79.8 receiving yards per game
0.53 TDs per game

Without Marshall
5.3 receptions per game
80.9 receiving yards per game
0.30 TDs per game

The only thing that has dropped is TDs per game. Do you want to know why? Because the Bears averaged 31 passing TDs per season in 2013 and 2014. Over the past two years, the Bears have averaged 20 passing TDs per season.

Basically, Alshon's level of play has remained the same without Marshall.

But would it though but what happened in 2014 was he injured or suspended again. I'm not saying that Alshon isn't better than Britt but I don't and wouldn't pay him the money that he is going to want. If you guys want him then I'm sure there is some team out there that's going to pay him 13-16 million per yr I just hope it's not us

Alshon was injured in 2015.

I'm not at all sold there's a team out there willing to pay that money. If there is, they can have him.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You gotta stop with the Alshon hate. You're saying a bunch of inaccurate things. Brandon Marshall wasn't the #1 WR in 2014. Alshon was. Marshall was the #2. And here are Alshon's numbers with Marshall and without:
With Marshall
5.4 receptions per game
79.8 receiving yards per game
0.53 TDs per game

Without Marshall
5.3 receptions per game
80.9 receiving yards per game
0.30 TDs per game

The only thing that has dropped is TDs per game. Do you want to know why? Because the Bears averaged 31 passing TDs per season in 2013 and 2014. Over the past two years, the Bears have averaged 20 passing TDs per season.

Basically, Alshon's level of play has remained the same without Marshall.

Alshon was injured in 2015.

I'm not at all sold there's a team out there willing to pay that money. If there is, they can have him.
How am I hating on Alshon because I don't want to pay him big money because I see him as a similar player to Britt I said he was better then Britt but looking at the numbers he is going to give us Britt level production but cost twice as much. You want to sign a guy that got hit with a suspension and was injured the previous year and I'm pretty sure Marshall started the season as the number 1 especially after the year he had in 2013.Alshon only started to get more targets because they knew Marshall was on the way out. I know how you feel when you feel like you know it all and your opinion is the only thing that matters but that don't move me I make my observations on what I see. And the last 2 yrs Alshon hasn't been anything, you can continue to cherry pick stats and continue to make excuses as to why his numbers aren't like they was in 13-14 but numbers are numbers no matter the circumstances around it and if I'm a GM that's what I'm going by that's why it's so many incentive lead contracts because Numbers are what matters. If you can get him for Austin money then great but he's not worth anything more than that.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And what have I said that's inaccurate. I posted his stats tell me if they didn't decline year after year? Is that in accurate? Because I said him and Britt are similar that's a matter of opinion not based on fact just my opinion. So tell me what's inaccurate because my opinion differs from yours or because I don't know what I'm talking about like when we had thatJoff discussion. The numbers tell me Britt is getting better every year while Alshon isn't that's what the numbers show me and as a receiver those numbers help you win games.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You brought up a good point about the bears offense so tell me if we paying him 12-13 million per year and he have the same stats as he has now would you be happy would you be saying he elite cause right now I think you believe Goff will make him legit or him make Goff legit which isn't guaranteed. You said they only average 20 passing touchdowns well how many do the Rams average so if the offensive production is the same how can you validate Alshon as being better then Britt when Britt is making the most out of a terrible passing offense. I just don't get it. I can guarantee you Alshon is going to get ty Hilton money and to me that's too rich for my blood

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You brought up a good point about the bears offense so tell me if we paying him 12-13 million per year and he have the same stats as he has now would you be happy would you be saying he elite cause right now I think you believe Goff will make him legit or him make Goff legit which isn't guaranteed. You said they only average 20 passing touchdowns well how many do the Rams average so if the offensive production is the same how can you validate Alshon as being better then Britt when Britt is making the most out of a terrible passing offense. I just don't get it. I can guarantee you Alshon is going to get ty Hilton money and to me that's too rich for my blood

My hope would be that Jeffery stays healthy and on the field. If Jeffery doesn't stay on the field, I won't be happy with giving him $12 million a year. If Jeffery does stay on the field and posts the per game averages he has been, yes, I will be very happy with the deal. I expect Jared Goff will be too.

Britt is making the most out of a terrible passing offense. But that doesn't make him equal to better WRs. You seem to be arguing that because Britt is on a bad offense, we can't be sure that Jeffery is better. However, that same argument applies to every other top WR in the NFL that isn't on a bad offense. How can we be sure that Britt isn't as good as Jordy Nelson or Julio Jones or Odell Beckham Jr.?

The answer is that the eye test and production both support Nelson, Jones, OBJ, Alshon, and a number of other WRs being better than Britt.

I think Britt was vastly underrated the past couple of years. This year, he's producing the way he should have the past couple of years. But Britt is still only a good #2 WR. He's not a #1 like Jeffery or the other guys I named. Britt is a more limited player. He's very good at separating vertically and running certain routes (slants, crossers, posts, 9s, flags, etc.). His limitations are that he doesn't change direction well, his hands are fairly average, and he only runs a limited route tree effectively.(aside from the character and personality concerns that may or may not be still present)

Jeffery is a better route runner than Britt and has far better hands. He's arguably the best 50/50 ball WR in the NFL.

And what have I said that's inaccurate. I posted his stats tell me if they didn't decline year after year? Is that in accurate?

Yes, it's inaccurate. You can spin it as an accurate statement by refusing to look at per game numbers. If you only look at volume numbers, his numbers have declined. But that ignores that he has missed games over the past two years. When you look at the per game numbers, his statistical production has remained the same.

What does that tell you? It tells you that statistically, he's performing just as effectively when he's on the field.

If you are worried about him staying on the field, that's one thing. But when you claim his numbers show that he's playing worse, that's an inaccurate point. The statistics don't support that. Neither does the eye test. The eye test tells me that he's actually become a better player. It's just harder to show that because the Bears passing offense has become less effective.

Because I said him and Britt are similar that's a matter of opinion not based on fact just my opinion. So tell me what's inaccurate because my opinion differs from yours or because I don't know what I'm talking about like when we had thatJoff discussion. The numbers tell me Britt is getting better every year while Alshon isn't that's what the numbers show me and as a receiver those numbers help you win games.

You saying him and Britt are similar is an opinion. An opinion that you're entitled to have. However, it's not an opinion that the vast majority of people would share.

As for the numbers, that's no longer opinion. Now, we're getting into discussing data. The numbers do not say what you claim they do. The numbers show Alshon Jeffery is still better than Britt by relatively significant margin. The numbers also show that Jeffery's play has remained consistent over this 4-year period. I've posted the numbers and shown that multiple times in this thread.

If you can get him for Austin money then great but he's not worth anything more than that.

I was going to respond to this post in its entirety, but I read my post over and it was clear that it would make this discussion much more heated. So I'll just respond to this point.

The odd thing is that we aren't that far apart on his value. "Austin money" is $10.5 million per year. I said that I'm comfortable paying him $10 million per year to $12 million per year. There isn't that much disagreement here between us. Which is why I don't get why you are so intent on discrediting Jeffery as a player. We're pretty close in terms of how we value him. Why do we see him so differently as a player?

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My hope would be that Jeffery stays healthy and on the field. If Jeffery doesn't stay on the field, I won't be happy with giving him $12 million a year. If Jeffery does stay on the field and posts the per game averages he has been, yes, I will be very happy with the deal. I expect Jared Goff will be too.

Britt is making the most out of a terrible passing offense. But that doesn't make him equal to better WRs. You seem to be arguing that because Britt is on a bad offense, we can't be sure that Jeffery is better. However, that same argument applies to every other top WR in the NFL that isn't on a bad offense. How can we be sure that Britt isn't as good as Jordy Nelson or Julio Jones or Odell Beckham Jr.?

The answer is that the eye test and production both support Nelson, Jones, OBJ, Alshon, and a number of other WRs being better than Britt.

I think Britt was vastly underrated the past couple of years. This year, he's producing the way he should have the past couple of years. But Britt is still only a good #2 WR. He's not a #1 like Jeffery or the other guys I named. Britt is a more limited player. He's very good at separating vertically and running certain routes (slants, crossers, posts, 9s, flags, etc.). His limitations are that he doesn't change direction well, his hands are fairly average, and he only runs a limited route tree effectively.(aside from the character and personality concerns that may or may not be still present)

Jeffery is a better route runner than Britt and has far better hands. He's arguably the best 50/50 ball WR in the NFL.

Yes, it's inaccurate. You can spin it as an accurate statement by refusing to look at per game numbers. If you only look at volume numbers, his numbers have declined. But that ignores that he has missed games over the past two years. When you look at the per game numbers, his statistical production has remained the same.

What does that tell you? It tells you that statistically, he's performing just as effectively when he's on the field.

If you are worried about him staying on the field, that's one thing. But when you claim his numbers show that he's playing worse, that's an inaccurate point. The statistics don't support that. Neither does the eye test. The eye test tells me that he's actually become a better player. It's just harder to show that because the Bears passing offense has become less effective.

You saying him and Britt are similar is an opinion. An opinion that you're entitled to have. However, it's not an opinion that the vast majority of people would share.

As for the numbers, that's no longer opinion. Now, we're getting into discussing data. The numbers do not say what you claim they do. The numbers say show Alshon Jeffery is still better than Britt by relatively significant margin. The numbers also show that Jeffery's play has remained consistent over this 4-year period. I've posted the numbers and shown that multiple times in this thread.

I was going to respond to this post in its entirety, but I read my post over and it was clear that it would make this discussion much more heated. So I'll just respond to this point.

The odd thing is that we aren't that far apart on his value. "Austin money" is $10.5 million per year. I said that I'm comfortable paying him $10 million per year to $12 million per year. There isn't that much disagreement here between us. Which is why I don't get why you are so intent on discrediting Jeffery as a player. We're pretty close in terms of how we value him. Why do we see him so differently as a player?

He went from 17 touchdowns with Marshall in 2 yrs to 6 touchdowns without Marshall in two years he went from about 2700 yards in two years with Marshall to about 1600 yards in two years without Marshall. Yes his per game averages might be the same but his overall production isn't the same. You're right we do agree on his value but the issue I stated that Britt and him was similar and it became I think Alshon isn't better than Britt. The point is I know Alshon is better than Britt but is it circumstance that makes him better and I don't think Alshon is a better route runner then Britt I think Alshon makes the tough catches better then Britt but when I see them play I see them as similar. Alshon is better at using his frame then Britt but they are similar in how they play.

I don't view Alshon as a game changer how Julio and Odell are. These are guys that are still producing and making game changing plays even though they go against the best corners every game. Antonio brown still gets his 100 catches and 10 touchdowns and over a 1000 yards every year even though he is a number 1.Your numbers say he is producing at the same level per game but he is playing in less games for the last two yrs whether he suspended or injured but if he was suspended or hurt if you not on the field I can't make production out of thin air. That's like my stock broker telling me if the dow didn't close down you would have made 1500 dollars but I walk away with 800. That's what's going on right now when you look at per game averages it's going to be the same because he playing in less games, law of averages right.

The point is I don't value him as a top tier wide receiver because those other guys you name do it yr in and yr out and Alshon hasn't done that yet. My statement and the only thing I was saying was that I rather pay Britt 6-7 million per yr before I offer a contract to Alshon. I just don't think he is the game changing type of receiver you think he is that's all. Your number 1 receiver should have more than 2 touchdowns on the year even when Gordon got off his suspension he had more touchdowns then that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He went from 17 touchdowns with Marshall in 2 yrs to 6 touchdowns without Marshall in two years he went from about 2700 yards in two years with Marshall to about 1600 yards in two years without Marshall. Yes his per game averages might be the same but his overall production isn't the same.

That's because he played less games. That's what happens when you miss games due to injuries and his suspension. The extent I care about production is its ability to help determine how good a player is. What his production and the eye test tell us is that he hasn't gotten any worse as a player.

You're right we do agree on his value but the issue I stated that Britt and him was similar and it became I think Alshon isn't better than Britt. The point is I know Alshon is better than Britt but is it circumstance that makes him better and I don't think Alshon is a better route runner then Britt I think Alshon makes the tough catches better then Britt but when I see them play I see them as similar. Alshon is better at using his frame then Britt but they are similar in how they play.

I don't agree. But it's opinion. Not going to argue over it. We've both made our points.

I don't view Alshon as a game changer how Julio and Odell are. These are guys that are still producing and making game changing plays even though they go against the best corners every game. Antonio brown still gets his 100 catches and 10 touchdowns and over a 1000 yards every year even though he is a number 1.Your numbers say he is producing at the same level per game but he is playing in less games for the last two yrs whether he suspended or injured but if he was suspended or hurt if you not on the field I can't make production out of thin air. That's like my stock broker telling me if the dow didn't close down you would have made 1500 dollars but I walk away with 800. That's what's going on right now when you look at per game averages it's going to be the same because he playing in less games, law of averages right.

Like I said, the extent I care about which production is its extent to reflect how good a player is. Alshon's production shows that he's the same player now that he was in 2013 and 2014. The eye test tells me that he might actually be better.

The point is I don't value him as a top tier wide receiver because those other guys you name do it yr in and yr out and Alshon hasn't done that yet. My statement and the only thing I was saying was that I rather pay Britt 6-7 million per yr before I offer a contract to Alshon. I just don't think he is the game changing type of receiver you think he is that's all. Your number 1 receiver should have more than 2 touchdowns on the year even when Gordon got off his suspension he had more touchdowns then that.

We disagree on that point. Alshon has done it year in and year out.

And my stance on TDs is that it's a stat that relies heavily on both scheme and the right circumstances. As an example of this, Torry Holt caught only 4 TDs in 2003 but managed to catch 12 TDs in 2004. He didn't change as a player between 2003 and 2004. The Rams had more red-zone opportunities in 2004 and chose to give Holt more red-zone looks than they had in the past.

TD stats tend to fluctuate from year to year. For example, Mike Evans has 11 TDs this year but had only 3 TDs last year. Brandon Marshall had 14 TDs last year but has only 3 TDs this year. DeAndre Hopkins had 11 TDs last year but has only 4 TDs this year. A.J. Green had 10 TDs last year but has only 4 TDs this year. Hell, Calvin Johnson went from catching 16 TDs in 2011 to catching only 5 TDs in 2012.

Gordon? As in Josh Gordon? Which year where he got off suspension? He had 0 TDs in the year he was suspended for all but 5 games.

FRO

Legend
I don't think the Bears let Alshon walk. That's why I think retaining Britt is very necessary. That being said he'll probably want more money than Tavon (he should he is a much better player). That's going to be an issue. Going to be a difficult offseason.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think the Bears let Alshon walk. That's why I think retaining Britt is very necessary. That being said he'll probably want more money than Tavon (he should he is a much better player). That's going to be an issue. Going to be a difficult offseason.

If Britt asked for Tavon money, I'd laugh and hang up the phone. Let Britt walk. Pierre Garcon can provide the same caliber of play without the baggage concerns.

I think the Bears letting Alshon walk is a lot more possible than many believe. Cameron Meredith broke out this year. They have Kevin White returning next year. They're likely to cut Cutler. They're about to go through a rebuild. They already have two talented young WRs. They could choose to keep Alshon. They have the money to do it. But I think there's a real chance that they let him test FA.

That all said, I think a couple notable veteran WRs might be cut this off-season, likely Brandon Marshall and Torrey Smith (possibly even Randall Cobb).

The thought that pops in my mind is...why pay Britt when we can sign a more proven veteran WR on a short-term deal at an equal or cheaper price?

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I side with the argument that Jeffery is a good target for us.

2 subpar years of missing games should drive down his value. But the risk feels lower than some players.

Jeffery will be 27yrs old and produces when on the field. I want the Rams to target guys who produce (FA and draft philosophy).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chicago only keeps Jeffrey if they franchise him which I find highly unlikely. But you never know.
He's the best WR that would be available. If the Rams want to supply their qb with a legit threat, then he's the one. But there are other options for sure.
Kenny brittt had a great year but is going to be looking for big $$. IMO he also represents a lot of what fisher brought to them. I'd like to turn the page on that.
If Britt was going to take 6 mill per it's a different conversation.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's because he played less games. That's what happens when you miss games due to injuries and his suspension. The extent I care about production is its ability to help determine how good a player is. What his production and the eye test tell us is that he hasn't gotten any worse as a player.

I don't agree. But it's opinion. Not going to argue over it. We've both made our points.

Like I said, the extent I care about which production is its extent to reflect how good a player is. Alshon's production shows that he's the same player now that he was in 2013 and 2014. The eye test tells me that he might actually be better.

We disagree on that point. Alshon has done it year in and year out.

And my stance on TDs is that it's a stat that relies heavily on both scheme and the right circumstances. As an example of this, Torry Holt caught only 4 TDs in 2003 but managed to catch 12 TDs in 2004. He didn't change as a player between 2003 and 2004. The Rams had more red-zone opportunities in 2004 and chose to give Holt more red-zone looks than they had in the past.

TD stats tend to fluctuate from year to year. For example, Mike Evans has 11 TDs this year but had only 3 TDs last year. Brandon Marshall had 14 TDs last year but has only 3 TDs this year. DeAndre Hopkins had 11 TDs last year but has only 4 TDs this year. A.J. Green had 10 TDs last year but has only 4 TDs this year. Hell, Calvin Johnson went from catching 16 TDs in 2011 to catching only 5 TDs in 2012.

Gordon? As in Josh Gordon? Which year where he got off suspension? He had 0 TDs in the year he was suspended for all but 5 games.

You only want to look at per game averages when the guy hasn't played a full season in 2 yrs you do that to support your argument you refuse to look at the full stat line but then go on to make excuses as to why his touchdowns are low.

Then you wanna bring in real bonafide number 1 receivers in the discussion when the discussion isn't about them. I know Britt isn't better then them the day way I said Britt isn't better then Alshon.

You continue to say it's about scheme and circumstance but refuse to acknowledge that his scheme and circumstance has been much better then what he will be walking into on the Rams so if 800 yards and 3 touchdowns are what you are looking for then yes this is your guy you pay him 12-13 million for that production. But my statement stands that if Alshon was on this team he would be putting up Britt type numbers. Put those numbers he had for the last two years on this team would you want to resign him.

Per game averages are fine to look at when you have a full 16 games to go off of but in this case we don't. His suspension and being hurt is a valid reason for his numbers to be down. But numbers are numbers I can't give credit to a guy passed off of projections. That's what you are basically doing saying that his per game averages are the same as his best years when he is 3-400 yards less in receiving yards and 4-6 touchdowns less. So to me that's not the same production because my team is miss those yards and touchdowns, I can't reward you for that.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is what I mean by year in and year out these guys the guys you name it does it no matter injury. Yes they play in a better scheme but that's my point if Alshon comes here he isn't going to be in a better scheme and he is going to put Britt level numbers for 2x the pay

Attachments

• IMG_0063.PNG
    IMG_0063.PNG
    137.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0064.PNG
    IMG_0064.PNG
    150.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0065.PNG
    IMG_0065.PNG
    146 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0066.PNG
    IMG_0066.PNG
    144.5 KB · Views: 80

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You only want to look at per game averages when the guy hasn't played a full season in 2 yrs you do that to support your argument you refuse to look at the full stat line but then go on to make excuses as to why his touchdowns are low.

This is going to be my last post on this topic because I'm just repeating myself. I only care about looking at the per game averages because I only care about production to the extent that it supports or refutes the notion that Jeffery is the same WR he was in 2013 and 2014. The per game averages prove that he is. I don't care about what Jeffery does for the Bears. I care about what he can do for the Rams.

If your argument is that we shouldn't sign Jeffery because he will miss games, make that argument. But when you make the argument that he's not producing, you have to support that argument. You failed to do that. You've been proven wrong. He has produced at the same rate when he's been on the field in 2015 and 2016 that he did when he was on the field in 2013 and 2014.

So I don't care about his "full stat line." It doesn't tell me anything. I care about the caliber of player we're getting. Jordy Nelson had 0 catches for 0 yards and 0 TDs in 2015. It would be silly of me to look at that and conclude that he sucked in 2015.

Then you wanna bring in real bonafide number 1 receivers in the discussion when the discussion isn't about them. I know Britt isn't better then them the day way I said Britt isn't better then Alshon.

Not the point. You've continued to use the circumstances Britt plays in to say that we can't properly evaluate how good he is in comparison to Jeffery. I don't agree. I watch Britt every week. I know his strengths and weaknesses. I don't need to see him in the Green Bay Packers offense to know how he stacks up against other WRs.

You continue to say it's about scheme and circumstance but refuse to acknowledge that his scheme and circumstance has been much better then what he will be walking into on the Rams so if 800 yards and 3 touchdowns are what you are looking for then yes this is your guy you pay him 12-13 million for that production. But my statement stands that if Alshon was on this team he would be putting up Britt type numbers. Put those numbers he had for the last two years on this team would you want to resign him.

Yes. For the same reasons that I don't want us to cut Quinn or Gurley.

As for scheme and circumstance, Alshon Jeffery isn't joining the 2016 Rams. The 2016 season is over tomorrow. If our scheme and circumstances are still league worst next year, signing Alshon Jeffery is the least of our problems.

I'd like to think that the 2017 Rams can do better than what this trainwreck has done offensively.

Per game averages are fine to look at when you have a full 16 games to go off of but in this case we don't.

That's when per game averages are absolutely pointless to look at. You have the full 16 games. You don't need to look at the per game averages. The per game averages are relevant when a guy has played less than 16 games to determine what he would have been projected to do over 16 games. Yes, it's just a projection, but it gives you a baseline of which to compare his production to other guys who played more or less games.

Per game numbers allow you to compare guys who played different number of games. Saying they're only useful when you have 16 games to go off of completely defeats the purpose of the stat. Like anything else, you weigh the per game averages against the size of the sample and determine the accuracy based on what the guy has done over the rest of his career.

His suspension and being hurt is a valid reason for his numbers to be down. But numbers are numbers I can't give credit to a guy passed off of projections.

I don't care about credit. What I care about is knowing whether Alshon Jeffery is the type of WR who will put up 1300 yards over 16 games or 800 yards over 16 games. That's what per game numbers are designed to help me determine (as a supplement of the eye test).

It's a tool for helping determine what type of player I am getting.

That's what you are basically doing saying that his per game averages are the same as his best years when he is 3-400 yards less in receiving yards and 4-6 touchdowns less. So to me that's not the same production because my team is miss those yards and touchdowns, I can't reward you for that.

Your team is only missing those yards and TDs if the guy who stepped in for Alshon didn't supply them in the games he missed.

But that's not the point. If you're worried about Alshon staying on the field, that's one thing. That's fine. If you're worried that he won't produce when he's on the field, that's another thing. That's what the numbers directly disprove.

I care about what Alshon is going to do when he's on the field. Because I believe he'll stay relatively healthy here. You may not share that belief. If you don't, you're entitled to that opinion. You might be right.

But when the discussion goes to what he produces when he's on the field, you are wrong when you ignore his per game numbers. Those are the best representations of production in seasons where he doesn't play 16 games.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is going to be my last post on this topic because I'm just repeating myself. I only care about looking at the per game averages because I only care about production to the extent that it supports or refutes the notion that Jeffery is the same WR he was in 2013 and 2014. The per game averages prove that he is. I don't care about what Jeffery does for the Bears. I care about what he can do for the Rams.

If your argument is that we shouldn't sign Jeffery because he will miss games, make that argument. But when you make the argument that he's not producing, you have to support that argument. You failed to do that. You've been proven wrong. He has produced at the same rate when he's been on the field in 2015 and 2016 that he did when he was on the field in 2013 and 2014.

So I don't care about his "full stat line." It doesn't tell me anything. I care about the caliber of player we're getting. Jordy Nelson had 0 catches for 0 yards and 0 TDs in 2015. It would be silly of me to look at that and conclude that he sucked in 2015.

Not the point. You've continued to use the circumstances Britt plays in to say that we can't properly evaluate how good he is in comparison to Jeffery. I don't agree. I watch Britt every week. I know his strengths and weaknesses. I don't need to see him in the Green Bay Packers offense to know how he stacks up against other WRs.

Yes. For the same reasons that I don't want us to cut Quinn or Gurley.

As for scheme and circumstance, Alshon Jeffery isn't joining the 2016 Rams. The 2016 season is over tomorrow. If our scheme and circumstances are still league worst next year, signing Alshon Jeffery is the least of our problems.

I'd like to think that the 2017 Rams can do better than what this trainwreck has done offensively.

That's when per game averages are absolutely pointless to look at. You have the full 16 games. You don't need to look at the per game averages. The per game averages are relevant when a guy has played less than 16 games to determine what he would have been projected to do over 16 games. Yes, it's just a projection, but it gives you a baseline of which to compare his production to other guys who played more or less games.

Per game numbers allow you to compare guys who played different number of games. Saying they're only useful when you have 16 games to go off of completely defeats the purpose of the stat. Like anything else, you weigh the per game averages against the size of the sample and determine the accuracy based on what the guy has done over the rest of his career.

I don't care about credit. What I care about is knowing whether Alshon Jeffery is the type of WR who will put up 1300 yards over 16 games or 800 yards over 16 games. That's what per game numbers are designed to help me determine (as a supplement of the eye test).

It's a tool for helping determine what type of player I am getting.

Your team is only missing those yards and TDs if the guy who stepped in for Alshon didn't supply them in the games he missed.

But that's not the point. If you're worried about Alshon staying on the field, that's one thing. That's fine. If you're worried that he won't produce when he's on the field, that's another thing. That's what the numbers directly disprove.

I care about what Alshon is going to do when he's on the field. Because I believe he'll stay relatively healthy here. You may not share that belief. If you don't, you're entitled to that opinion. You might be right.

But when the discussion goes to what he produces when he's on the field, you are wrong when you ignore his per game numbers. Those are the best representations of production in seasons where he doesn't play 16 games.

Lol so a projection is the best way to view a player. So his per game average is the same as a guy that plays in a full 16 games so by that you can say he is better then Julio or better then Nelson or better the OBJ. Per game averages are 1 way to look at but the bottom line is what did you do over the course of the year all those per game averages came out to 800 yards 2 touchdowns that's fact.

I'm done too because as usual you are the only one that can be right about any player some body don't agree with you on. I don't even know why I bother you can't have a debate with someone that can't see two sides of an argument.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Brit is a loser and nothing that can't be replaced. He is part of the problem. Get rid of him and Quick.