Kenny 1k yards Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What price is reasonable for Alshon though.. to me he hasn't proven anything except that he played with a pass heavy offense. I do like his jump ball ability and you have a way of always saying I don't know what I'm talking about the same with Goff and you misinterpreted everything I said.i never said Britt was better all I said is that I view Alshon as another Britt. Which means I will not pay the type of money he is going to be asking for because if Goff is everything you think he could be I feel like the drop of with having Britt for cheap and someone else that the money can go to is more beneficial. Cause if we pay another 15-18 million per yr on him and he gives us Britt numbers then once again we got played. And Britt is more than capable then a 1000 yard season and 5 touchdowns. But like I said to me Alshon is another Britt albeit a little better but how much is that worth??? That's the question that I'm posing. If you think Britt is going to get big money from FA then how much do you think Alshon is going to get. I rather sign Britt to a 4 yr 30 million contract with 15 million guaranteed then pay to pay Alshon he is at least going to want ty Hilton money at 13 million a yr at minimum. We can do something else to help this team then to sign him for that type of money

What price is reasonable for Alshon? If I can get him at $10 million per year, I'm taking him to the bank that day.

He hasn't proven anything except that he played in a pass heavy offense? Here are two lists. The first list are the WRs who have averaged 80 receiving yards per game since 2013:
http://pfref.com/tiny/bmjah

The second list are the guys with 4000+ receiving yards since 2013:
http://pfref.com/tiny/Fy3gO

Look at the names on both lists. There are 7 players who appear on both of those lists. Those 7 players are: Antonio Brown, DeMaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Alshon Jeffery, Odell Beckham Jr., and Jordy Nelson.

I'd say Alshon has proven quite a bit more than you're giving him credit for. For me, I'm pursuing Alshon Jeffery if his price tag is in the $10 million to $12 million per year range. He's a proven #1 WR. He's easily better than any WR on this team. And he'd be a good guy for Goff to have. However, I also recognize the limitations of the value of the WR position. Thus, I'm not willing to go above that range because it will interfere with our ability to address other important areas of the team.

And yet if we had Matt Barkley we probably be in the playoffs the last couple years.

Matt Barkley is no different than Case Keenum.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh good grief....
I think you forgot the blue font there. At least I sure hope you did.....
Matt Barkley not better Austin Davis, Case Keenum at least Barkley could throw the deep ball and don't forgot the Oc and the play caller and the head coach all of those things works in Alshon favor compared to Britt

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What price is reasonable for Alshon? If I can get him at $10 million per year, I'm taking him to the bank that day.

He hasn't proven anything except that he played in a pass heavy offense? Here are two lists. The first list are the WRs who have averaged 80 receiving yards per game since 2013:
http://pfref.com/tiny/bmjah

The second list are the guys with 4000+ receiving yards since 2013:
http://pfref.com/tiny/Fy3gO

Look at the names on both lists. There are 7 players who appear on both of those lists. Those 7 players are: Antonio Brown, DeMaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Alshon Jeffery, Odell Beckham Jr., and Jordy Nelson.

I'd say Alshon has proven quite a bit more than you're giving him credit for. For me, I'm pursuing Alshon Jeffery if his price tag is in the $10 million to $12 million per year range. He's a proven #1 WR. He's easily better than any WR on this team. And he'd be a good guy for Goff to have. However, I also recognize the limitations of the value of the WR position. Thus, I'm not willing to go above that range because it will interfere with our ability to address other important areas of the team.

Matt Barkley is no different than Case Keenum.
Well we basically saying the same thing because there is no way he is signing for anything less then 13 million per year hell Austin is making 10 per year. That's the point I'm trying to make I rather resign Britt for 5-7 range then spend that type of money on Alshon when I feel like it wouldn't benefit the team in any meaningful way

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well we basically saying the same thing because there is no way he is signing for anything less then 13 million per year hell Austin is making 10 per year. That's the point I'm trying to make I rather resign Britt for 5-7 range then spend that type of money on Alshon when I feel like it wouldn't benefit the team in any meaningful way

Eh, we're not saying the same thing. We agree that we wouldn't pay him $13 million per year. But trust me, we're not saying the same thing. We still see Jeffery very differently. You did claim he'd be Brian Quick on this team, after all. ;)

The point I'm making is that if Britt is worth $6 million to $7 million per year, I'm willing to pay Alshon $12 million per year because I think he's a significantly better player.

But then again, I'd rather have Pierre Garcon at $6 million per year than Britt. I'm over this WR corp.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eh, we're not saying the same thing. We agree that we wouldn't pay him $13 million per year. But trust me, we're not saying the same thing. We still see Jeffery very differently. You did claim he'd be Brian Quick on this team, after all. ;)

The point I'm making is that if Britt is worth $6 million to $7 million per year, I'm willing to pay Alshon $12 million per year because I think he's a significantly better player.

But then again, I'd rather have Pierre Garcon at $6 million per year than Britt. I'm over this WR corp.
lol I see your point. I'm just not a big fan of Alshon and I think he is the one guy that won't live up to his new contract

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Realistically, I think he's costing us $7 million to $8 million. That's based on my belief the new coach likely would have kept him around for the 5th year.(assuming it's Shanny or Payton)

Not a deal I liked, but it doesn't cripple us.

FRO

Legend
All for a below average WR and a decent playmaker. He's getting paid more than Gronk.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Matt Barkley not better Austin Davis, Case Keenum at least Barkley could throw the deep ball and don't forgot the Oc and the play caller and the head coach all of those things works in Alshon favor compared to Britt
You said with Matt Barkley the Rams probably would have been a playoff team, that's just goofy stuff.
Barkley has been terrible in his NFL career so far, worse than Davis/Keenum. Until of course this year when having an Alshon Jeffrey to throw to, my how things change

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You said with Matt Barkley the Rams probably would have been a playoff team, that's just goofy stuff.
Barkley has been terrible in his NFL career so far, worse than Davis/Keenum. Until of course this year when having an Alshon Jeffrey to throw to, my how things change
How many games did we lose because Keemun didn't see Britt running open deep or how many under thrown balls came his way instead of them being touchdowns they 50 yard Gaines. Barkley might not be the best but he have the better arm out of those 3 and that's definitely not silly

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many games did we lose because Keemun didn't see Britt running open deep or how many under thrown balls came his way instead of them being touchdowns they 50 yard Gaines. Barkley might not be the best but he have the better arm out of those 3 and that's definitely not silly
Keenum isn't great, but he's been better than Barkley, who doesn't have a very strong arm.
I don't know where you're trying to go with this line of thinking, that Barkley is a good QB? Really?
He's awful. And now he has #17 to throw to, he's had a couple of decent statistical games. That's what #17 could bring to the Rams. A legit #1 WR

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keenum isn't great, but he's been better than Barkley, who doesn't have a very strong arm.
I don't know where you're trying to go with this line of thinking, that Barkley is a good QB? Really?
He's awful. And now he has #17 to throw to, he's had a couple of decent statistical games. That's what #17 could bring to the Rams. A legit #1 WR
Alshon hasn't don't anything this year. In a yr where he was franchised to get a bigger contract and he hasn't done anything. I never said Barkley was a good QB so don't put words in my mouth what I said was he was better then Keemun and Austin Davis that he has a better arm then them both and if Alshon wasn't playing with Cutler majority of his career he would have numbers very similar to what he have now which is very similar to the numbers Britt put up with awful QB play.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMG_0062.PNG

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not paying elite money for a guy who stats are progressively getting worse.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alshon hasn't don't anything this year. In a yr where he was franchised to get a bigger contract and he hasn't done anything
He has 811 yards in just 11 games, which equates to almost 1200 yards over a 16 game season. And he's currently playing with the 3rd string QB. I'm starting to think you aren't very familiar with him....
. I never said Barkley was a good QB so don't put words in my mouth what I said was he was better then Keemun and Austin Davis that he has a better arm then them both
No you said they would have been a playoff team with him. And no his arm isn't stronger nor is there any reason to think he's any better, he has been awful on the teams he's played on. Until this year, WITH Jeffrey....

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He has 811 yards in just 11 games, which equates to almost 1200 yards over a 16 game season. And he's currently playing with the 3rd string QB. I'm starting to think you aren't very familiar with him....

No you said they would have been a playoff team with him. And no his arm isn't stronger nor is there any reason to think he's any better, he has been awful on the teams he's played on. Until this year, WITH Jeffrey....
So now we playing the what if game.. lol Alshon has been declining the last 2 years if you wanna pay 13 million per yr or more for him then do it but hopefully we pass on him. He doesn't inspire any confidence and on top of that he can't stay healthy doesn't sound like a very smart business deal

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So now we playing the what if game.. lol Alshon has been declining the last 2 years if you wanna pay 13 million per yr or more for him then do it but hopefully we pass on him. He doesn't inspire any confidence and on top of that he can't stay healthy doesn't sound like a very smart business deal
No you are playing what if game, with the Barkley makes the team better stuff. Very silly indeed.
Judging Jeffrey's numbers on seasonal output without looking at games played is pretty inaccurate. He had his career high in YPG in 2015, but only played 9 games. He still amassed 811 yards this year despite missing 5 games, averaging over 73 yards per game. He's not regressing at all considering the QB play has been terrible for a couple seasons now.
What is a bad business plan is to invest in a QB heavily with draft picks, and yet not have a legit weapon for him to throw to.
I agree that there is a ceiling to be had with his salary demands. Had he not missed so much time over the last 2 seasons his salary demands would be so much higher. He's a game changer, and Britt is not