Kenny 1k yards Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm kinda surprised that I haven't seen anything about Britt, but we got our first 1000 yard receiver since 2007. He would have been there last year too but we know about all the bad throws that came his way. I hope we resign him and continue to let Goff or Mannion grow with him..

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Definitely would like to resign him but he is in a contract year and hate how players suddenly improve their game to get that paycheck. I'm worried he's gonna be thinking he should be getting top dollar and if that's the case we have to let him walk. This guy's play outside of playing on a Fisher team isn't very pretty, and can he be consistent with putting this kind of production up. I'd rather we just pony up the extra dough for Jeffrey then splurge on Britt, if they can both be had under our cap, get it done.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Definitely would like to resign him but he is in a contract year and hate how players suddenly improve their game to get that paycheck.
But this wouldn't be his first contract year with the rams. Wouldn't he have had another big year a few seasons ago?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Definitely would like to resign him but he is in a contract year and hate how players suddenly improve their game to get that paycheck. I'm worried he's gonna be thinking he should be getting top dollar and if that's the case we have to let him walk. This guy's play outside of playing on a Fisher team isn't very pretty, and can he be consistent with putting this kind of production up. I'd rather we just pony up the extra dough for Jeffrey then splurge on Britt, if they can both be had under our cap, get it done.
I agree I just don't think we have to break the bank for him and imho I think him and Jeffery offer you the same thing I'm not too big on Jeffery as others

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
But this wouldn't be his first contract year with the rams. Wouldn't he have had another big year a few seasons ago?
True that, I wasn't specifically talking about him. I'm talking about players in general, in today's NFL look at JJ for example calling last year 'clamp season' or whatever it was in his contract year. You can't tell me you don't see this around the NFL players magically getting better in these contract years.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think he's been wildly inconsistent this year. There is plenty of tape showing him taking plays off. 1k receiving isn't really saying much anymore teams have multiple wideouts who do it year in year out. Plus others have pointed out he really only shows up contract years. Seems like that is true.
However I would try to resign him. He's only going to get better as our offense gets better and if we bring in AJ as our No. 1 thst would really open things up.
I would only go after him if he were asking for a reasonable contract.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Let the market set his value.
He had a good year, but at his age how many more does he have in him? Will he be a factor in a couple years?
I'd just as soon let him walk but there's not anyone else on the roster than can even come close to his production so he might have to be brought back. Cheaply.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
True that, I wasn't specifically talking about him. I'm talking about players in general, in today's NFL look at JJ for example calling last year 'clamp season' or whatever it was in his contract year. You can't tell me you don't see this around the NFL players magically getting better in these contract years.
Oh no, definitely. I don't think it's the case with Britt though, and jj proved it wasn't just a contract year. I wouldn't break the bank on Britt though.

FRO

Legend
He put up good numbers with below average QB play. He is sti realitively young despite being in the league for a very long time. I think resigning him should be a priority. Not many great free agent receivers and limited draft resources to fill needs.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I think he would be the best #2 receiver in the league. Him and Alshon would tear it up. Make it happen Snead!!

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I'll never forget watching a video of our gsot wr's running hard down field, all 4 of them turning back to look for the pass at the exact same time. No one took a play off. It kept defenses guessing which one was getting the pass.
That's not talent, that's coaching. Lazy route running is rewarded when nothing is done about it. It's human nature to take the path of least resistance.
Loved that Fisher brought a measure of respectability back to the rams but with each passing day (pun intended) I'm ready to move on,

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Legit concerns, if you ask me.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I like Kenny, but with the overall mess of an offensive line I don't see him as a high priority. He's not an amazing route runner, just ok. He's a big body with a solid catch radius and a pretty good run blocker. He doesn't make game changing plays or big plays in crunch time IMO. He made a great catch against SD in 2014 late in that game, but that's about it as clutch plays late. He also holds the ball way away from his body. He fumbled 3 or 4 times this year. I'd bring him back if it's around 5-7 million a year. He's 28 and nicked up pretty good. That shoulder problem isn't new. He got rocked against PIT in 2015 on the shoulder and has been managing it ever since. If you watch the players closely after plays, you can tell who's hurt.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I'd keep Britt over Quick if I had to choose one or the other. I truly feel don't need both. Higbee is a similar style player. Still looking for that #1 or a deep threat to go opposite the Britt Posession type. Tavon needs to learn the slot. Best for drags or quick in/out where you utilize his quickness and nobody could cover. Man I could have so much fun designing this offense.

Ram65

Legend
Let the market set his value.
He had a good year, but at his age how many more does he have in him? Will he be a factor in a couple years?
I'd just as soon let him walk but there's not anyone else on the roster than can even come close to his production so he might have to be brought back. Cheaply.

That's a good place to start. Demoff has a good feel and should know what Britt would get as a free agent. The Rams should factor everything including money (cost and motivation, inconsistent (drops), laziness (route running), new HC with no Fisher and replacement player before making a commitment. First would be the coaching staff. If they believe they can get him to keep working hard Britt should be in play. At that point hey look at the cost and alternatives. Right now I'm 50/50 on KB.