Kendall Blanton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
For me, the only future that matters right now is Sunday...The rest is needless worry for me at this point..He got thrown into a very tough spot and acquitted himself very well...I hope he has a good game Sunday and we'll see about next year soon enough...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not every pick is gonna be kupp
Certainly not. But they need to do better with those round 2 picks as well as their TE selections. Good thing is the Rams self-evaluate so they don't need us to tell them that.

McVay's round 2 picks...

2017: Everett :thumbsdown:
2018: Traded for Sammy Watkins :thumbsdown:
2019: Rapp :thumbsdown:
2020: Akers :thumbsup1:
2021: Tutu :thumbsdown:

Everett was McVay's first pick and if he had been any good he would be a star in this offense.

Watkins was a shitter who took snaps off and didn't move the needle all that much. Miss for the use of the pick IMO.

Rapp would probably be a star if Wade was our DC but he's not and we run a more diverse defense now. Not Rapp's fault he's in wrong defense.

Akers has had injury probs which is weird given his career in college. I still think he has a bright future though.

Tutu has room to be a good pick but thus far all we have is his little ass getting injured and missing time and McVay observing he needs to display more dedication.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Certainly not. But they need to do better with those round 2 picks as well as their TE selections. Good thing is the Rams self-evaluate so they don't need us to tell them that.

McVay's round 2 picks...

Everett was McVay's first pick and if he had been any good he would be a star in this offense.

Watkins was a shitter who took snaps off and didn't move the needle all that much. Miss for the use of the pick IMO.

Rapp would probably be a star if Wade was our DC but he's not and we run a more diverse defense now. Not Rapp's fault he's in wrong defense.

Akers has had injury probs which is weird given his career in college. I still think he has a bright future though.

Tutu has room to be a good pick but thus far all we have is his little ass getting injured and missing time and McVay observing he needs to display more dedication.
Tutu can't be considered a bust. Hea hurt. But yes I agree there were better picks. Even if it wasn't a sexy pic the Rams could have used a more needed position

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

McVay's round 2 picks...

You forgot Jefferson. He was a round 2 pick. I'd say he's a good pick.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the-goon-dodgeball.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, with Higbee out, its gonna be Blanton and Hopkins manning the TE fort....

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Well, with Higbee out, its gonna be Blanton and Hopkins manning the TE fort....

Hopkins' stock can't get much lower, but both he and Blanton can ride this opportunity a long way if they perform well. Just please hang on to the ball whatever happens.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopkins' stock can't get much lower, but both he and Blanton can ride this opportunity a long way if they perform well. Just please hang on to the ball whatever happens.
Well it definitely puts a damper on the run game, Hopkins looked like Tim Tebow trying to block earlier this season, and Blanton? Well, lets just hope he can keep it going

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I am thinking who would of picked Tutu if we would of got Creed? I highly doubt anyone would of picked him up in the 2nd though.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think I'd use Skowronek instead of Hopkins. Have Benny Skow play as a WR/TE hybrid.
Isn't that what he's already doing?
Not being snarky... they don't need to change what they do with Skow in any way.. it's just a matter of whether they want to run actual 2 TE sets, for some reason.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't that what he's already doing?
Not being snarky... they don't need to change what they do with Skow in any way.. it's just a matter of whether they want to run actual 2 TE sets, for some reason.
My point is that I wouldn't use Hopkins. I would use Skowronek. Yes, they've done that to an extent. I'd stick with it. Skow is listed at 6'3" 225. He's not much smaller than some slot TEs. It's too bad Jacob Harris suffered that season-ending injury.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
My point is that I wouldn't use Hopkins. I would use Skowronek. Yes, they've done that to an extent. I'd stick with it. Skow is listed at 6'3" 225. He's not much smaller than some slot TEs. It's too bad Jacob Harris suffered that season-ending injury.
My point is that they already do.
Kupp too.
They run 11 personnel 85 percent of the time and line Kupp and Skow up at the TE spot at various times.

I guess I'm saying I'm not worried about Hopkins getting as many snaps as Skow.. not even close.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My point is that they already do.
Kupp too.
They run 11 personnel 85 percent of the time and line Kupp and Skow up at the TE spot at various times.

I guess I'm saying I'm not worried about Hopkins getting as many snaps as Skow.. not even close.
I wouldn't play Hopkins at all on offense. Skow played 12% of the offensive snaps against Arizona, 8% of the offensive snaps against TB, and 27% of the offensive snaps against SF. Instead of giving Hopkins snaps, I'd simply give Benny more. I consider him a WR/TE tweener more than anything.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I'd use Skowronek instead of Hopkins. Have Benny Skow play as a WR/TE hybrid.
I had to laugh out loud on that one.
I've only been saying that since Skow was drafted.
Actually, even before that....
Hopkins is going to be active, if not then it really defies all logic how he's even on the roster

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's been kicking ass on the run plays where he's in the fullback role so agreed. Took that shit from Woody when he went down and has gotten better and better.