Kendall Blanton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Pretty fun interview after the game and his first NFL TD. I love the smirk on his face. He just looks like he wants to yell "FUCK YEAH". I get the feeling that was his greatest moment EVER.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Definitely enjoyed him and the other interviews this week. Love the way they gave thanks and recognized their teammates.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He made a really nice catch along the sideline too in a huge divisional round matchup. Has to feel great to contribute like that after all that time on the depth chart. Glad to see him taking advantage of our TE "situation" and making plays when his number is called.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I liked this dude in preseason, and glad to see he him contribute to the team. Just another guy who can fly under the radar and move the chains.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
He looks like he’d have potential to develop. He may not get much of a chance though with Harris on the roster.

Pretty sure that McVay has stated that Harris will be groomed as a WR.
I'm more curious if this is a sign that Blanton has passed Hopkins on the depth chart and if he's picking up the blocking skills that make Mundt expendable ?

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Pretty sure that McVay has stated that Harris will be groomed as a WR.
I'm more curious if this is a sign that Blanton has passed Hopkins on the depth chart and if he's picking up the blocking skills that make Mundt expendable ?
Agree the IR riding receiver Jacob Harris is far more wideout than TE. With McVay being a ex-TE coach it may be he is a bit demanding on what he wants from his TE's????

Tyler Higbee is here for two more seasons as our starter. Kendall Blanton has been here with McVay now for 3 seasons being a UDFA back in April 2019. KB actually started 2 games this season while Higbee was injured. KB will be an RFA in 2023, thus he will be here when OTA's start this spring as the #2 TE.

I really do not think that the UFA Johnny Mundt will be a hot commodity after tearing up his ACL this season. He would be no better than the 3rd TE or maybe a 4th TE on almost every other team in the NFL. So JM might be smart enough to resign cheap to see if he could snag on as the 3rd TE by the end of TC over the very disappointing Brycen Hopkins the 2020 4th rd selection who has been MIA since he was mentioned in the draft. Hey, but Hopkins did manage to get in on 59 snaps this season & caught 1 ball for 9 yds.

So how do you feel about the Higbee/Blanton/Hopkins TE cadre? Think that a 3rd-day draft selection would be a good thing & is it in order again after the two previous 3rd day TE drafts?

The bottom line here is Stafford has two very tall TE's to shoot at in that Red Zone this Sunday.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Agree the IR riding receiver Jacob Harris is far more wideout than TE. With McVay being a ex-TE coach it may be he is a bit demanding on what he wants from his TE's????

Tyler Higbee is here for two more seasons as our starter. Kendall Blanton has been here with McVay now for 3 seasons being a UDFA back in April 2019. KB actually started 2 games this season while Higbee was injured. KB will be an RFA in 2023, thus he will be here when OTA's start this spring as the #2 TE.

I really do not think that the UFA Johnny Mundt will be a hot commodity after tearing up his ACL this season. He would be no better than the 3rd TE or maybe a 4th TE on almost every other team in the NFL. So JM might be smart enough to resign cheap to see if he could snag on as the 3rd TE by the end of TC over the very disappointing Brycen Hopkins the 2020 4th rd selection who has been MIA since he was mentioned in the draft. Hey, but Hopkins did manage to get in on 59 snaps this season & caught 1 ball for 9 yds.

So how do you feel about the Higbee/Blanton/Hopkins TE cadre? Think that a 3rd-day draft selection would be a good thing & is it in order again after the two previous 3rd day TE drafts?

The bottom line here is Stafford has two very tall TE's to shoot at in that Red Zone this Sunday.

As of today, I'd prefer to sign Cleveland's likely free agent David Njoku as our #2 TE, he shouldn't be all that big an expense. Higbee/Njoku/Blanton/Hopkins would fill out my depth chart. Njoku/Blanton with Higbee leading hopefully allows us to immediately compete in 12 personnel where another late round draft pick means sitting on one more developmental guy for a couple of years. An additional later round drafted TE that works on his craft from the practice squad is also fine by me.
jmo.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Honestly, if we got a second round pick from, say, a Woods trade, I'd use it on a tight end. I love Higbee, I love what Blanton's doing, but frankly, we need another threat at tight end.

Personally, I'd kill to get Jalen Wydermyer (Texas A&M) on this team. TheDraftNetwork gave him a Jermaine Gresham comparison, but honestly, I'd give him a Todd Heap comparison. Fantastic body control, punishing runner and blocker, great YAC, decent speed (Wydermyer is heavier than Heap was.), and sticky glue for hands.

But this is only if we get a second round pick. He'll be gone by our pick in the third.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
As of today, I'd prefer to sign Cleveland's likely free agent David Njoku as our #2 TE, he shouldn't be all that big an expense. Higbee/Njoku/Blanton/Hopkins would fill out my depth chart. Njoku/Blanton with Higbee leading hopefully allows us to immediately compete in 12 personnel where another late round draft pick means sitting on one more developmental guy for a couple of years. An additional later round drafted TE that works on his craft from the practice squad is fine by me.
jmo.
Do you think the Rams could afford to pay a near $7 million for this former #1 selection David Njoku to be our 2nd team TE?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Honestly, if we got a second round pick from, say, a Woods trade, I'd use it on a tight end. I love Higbee, I love what Blanton's doing, but frankly, we need another threat at tight end.

Personally, I'd kill to get Jalen Wydermyer (Texas A&M) on this team. TheDraftNetwork gave him a Jermaine Gresham comparison, but honestly, I'd give him a Todd Heap comparison. Fantastic body control, punishing runner and blocker, great YAC, decent speed (Wydermyer is heavier than Heap was.), and sticky glue for hands.

But this is only if we get a second round pick. He'll be gone by our pick in the third.

While I agree on the importance of another quality starting TE, I've already expressed my doubts that Woods could garner us a 2'nd round pick, and not because of his ability, but he's coming off an ACL and the team trading for him will assume his rather large CAP.
jmo.

Memento

Name
Jemma
While I agree on the importance of another quality starting TE, I've already expressed my doubts that Woods could garner us a 2'nd round pick, and not because of his ability, but he's coming off an ACL and the team trading for him will assume his rather large CAP.
jmo.

Agreed on the importance of another quality tight end. Agree to disagree on Woods.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Do you think the Rams could afford to pay a near $7 million for this former #1 selection David Njoku to be our 2nd team TE?

Well, of course, everything really depends on how much CAP the Rams can open up with all the potential extensions that may be offered, that and who will become CAP Casualties during the off-season. It's just too hard to predict right now. Njoku might get a contract averaging something approaching $7.mil, but if it's a longer term contract as I imagine, his 2022 CAP hit is likely closer to $4.mil.
jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Agreed on the importance of another quality tight end. Agree to disagree on Woods.

While I hope you are right on Woods' potential for trade compensation, I'd rather not prepare myself for disappointment.

Memento

Name
Jemma
While I hope you are right on Woods' potential for trade compensation, I'd rather not prepare myself for disappointment.

I hope I'm right as well, and I'll admit it if I'm wrong. There's more trade chips than we think, and I guarantee that Snead's going to work magic.

nighttrain

Legend

3rd from Detroit for Woods, they have the cap room, win win for both teams

train

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
jmo.
The 2022 version Robert Woods will be on the other side of 30 coming off an ACL tear & as of this moment, he carries a 2022/ 2023 Cap hit of close to $32 million for the next 2 seasons. The reality of that hit ......:rolleyes:

Rams have a rather large younger very low-cost receivers cadre waiting in the wings recently 2021 drafted receivers like TuTu Atwell, Jacob Harris & Ben Skowronek. Others lurking are Brandon Powell, Landen Akers, JJ Koski & Warren Jackson.

Then there is the biggy of OBJ who wants to be here in 2022.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I liked this dude in preseason, and glad to see he him contribute to the team. Just another guy who can fly under the radar and move the chains.

So did I. I was bummed when they cut him.