Keep Bayer and Trade Cook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I think Bayer is going to be a very very good TE. I am very high on this guy. To me it would make sense to trade Cook, free up a lot of cap space and basically replace him with Bayer. The Rams receivers have finally woken up. They are playing well and the best part "they are catching passes now." With Britt, Quick, Bailey, Austin, Givens, and Pettis they have plenty of receiving targets. Britt and Quick are playing extremely well, Bailey continues to play lights out, Austin is playing well, Givens has shown he belongs onthe team, and Pettis makes catches when the Rams need it.
So the Rams don't need Cook. Bayer can make up for Cook because he runs good routes, catches the ball, pounds it like a big TE, and blocks. Kendricks, Harkey, and Bayer would be a fine trio of TE's.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
I agree except for the fact that Cook is more of a matchup problem for the opposing LBs.

A55VA6

Legend
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He looked good in preseason, but he's no Cook.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He looked good in preseason, but he's no Cook.

If we're being honest, Cook isn't the Cook we all hoped the Rams were getting.
So he and Bayer are even as far as that goes.

A55VA6

Legend
If we're being honest, Cook isn't the Cook we all hoped the Rams were getting.
So he and Bayer are even as far as that goes.
I would be happy keeping both of them. Cook isn't going anywhere. I think he'll be productive this year.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
THIS GUY WAS GOOD IN THE PRESEASON, HURRY GET RID OF SOMEBODY ELSE I WAS DISAPPOINTED IN TO USE HIM, FOOL PROOF- Every disappointed fan after the preseason ever.

Lets get this guy in the real deal games before we start deciding that he's now the Jesus TE we need.

Athos

Legend
lol.

Bayer isn't near the athlete Cook is, especially down the seams against LBs. Bayer isn't Graham.

If Quick and Britt are working like we've heard in camp and seen in pre-season, Cook could see a ton of big plays in the seams for big yards.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let's see; Jared Cook catches 51 balls for a franchise record of nearly 700yds and we should trade him... :palm:

bskrilla

Starter
Yup this UDFA who has played 4 preseason games is definitely ready to take over the role of our LEADING receiver last year who set a franchise record.

Ok...... o_O

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Let me know when Bayer can motion out into the Y and carry a safety or LB 40 yards down the field.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yup this UDFA who has played 4 preseason games is definitely ready to take over the role of our LEADING receiver last year who set a franchise record.

Ok...... o_O
You did not read what I posted. Because the other receivers have stepped up Bayer, Kendricks and Harkey do not have to be the best receiver on the rams or at least the same stats as Cook last year. And If Cook continues to be are leading receiver with those stats then the Rams are going to be in a world of hurt.