Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramzheart

Rookie
I'm kind of interested to see what happens to Case next year? What are his chances of being the Vikings starter next year, or for that matter any teams starter!?
With his success this year it makes me think back to Snead's and Fisher's confidence in Case last year and the belief that he could win some games for them. They weren't wrong on that note, it was just the supporting cast lacking. Also now doesn't seem so surprising that Goff wasn't able to beat Case out last year!
I seen it flash on tv that Bradford's practicing. What does that mean, how soon do you think they would put in Teddy or Bradford if Case struggles?
Gotta root for a guy that plays with that much heart, that is just as long as they lose to the Rams!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Case will be starter next year. I hope he has a good 3-4 years in him and not end up being a one year wonder like Josh McCowen with the Bears; Ryan Fitzpatrick with the Jets, etc. Teddy Bridgewater will be backup. Sam will be elsewhere.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was wrong about Case. He's a good guy, and I hope he continues to succeed. The Vikings really need that to happen because if they keep him, they likely lose Bradford and Bridgewater.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was wrong about Case. He's a good guy, and I hope he continues to succeed. The Vikings really need that to happen because if they keep him, they likely lose Bradford and Bridgewater.
I still can't eliminate the Case Keenum that I saw play here. That Case still exists, and the right conditions will bring the Ram's version of Case out.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still can't eliminate the Case Keenum that I saw play here. That Case still exists, and the right conditions will bring the Ram's version of Case out.
I agree . I'm more worried about the Falcons because I believe the Rams match up well with the Vikings. Last game would be completely different without the fumble .

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
But wasn't the team around him awful? Why does Goff get that excuse, but not Keenum?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But wasn't the team around him awful? Why does Goff get that excuse, but not Keenum?
Because Goff was a rookie with little coaching who was thrown into the starters role so that a bad coach could save his job?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think his wife should be worried... He is going to get a real nice contract somewhere....he could be due for a trade up?

Fidelis

Semper Fi
Name
Fidelis
Give Case time, it’s inevitable. How many games did he throw a game ending pick in which we lost? Still waiting though and he is balling right now.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Because Goff was a rookie with little coaching who was thrown into the starters role so that a bad coach could save his job?
Ok, sure. But the fact still remains, the team around both of them was terrible. Isn't it telling that Keenum is actually playing well with a good team around him? Most fans say "no, and he'll resort to the Case who was on the Rams". In order to bring "the Rams Case Keenum" out you need to put him in a bad offense, the Vikings aren't that.

Last edited:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Give Case time, it’s inevitable. How many games did he throw a game ending pick in which we lost? Still waiting though and he is balling right now.
Last seaon, 3. He won 4. And Kendricks dropped a game winner versus CAR.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree to some extent, but your comparison to Goff's situation is not that close. Case was a veteran when he came to the Rams and he was/is more mobile than Jared, which mattered because that Oline was like a row of turnstyles.
1. Goff came from the Bear Raid system at Cal and hardly ever played under center.
2. Boras' system was hard to learn and had no creativity. It was like trying to learn Calculus without knowing trigonometry.
3. Goff was a little mobile but nothing like Case abd was turned into a tackling dummy by the Oline. Bottling up Gurley forced Jared to try and win games when he wasn't ready for that. Fisher totally sacrificed the kid.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I kinda wanna play Case and Foles....or Case and Cam

Glad Case has had some success...but watch Minn keep Bradford and Bridgewater

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It like trying to learn Calculus without knowing trigonometry.

did that
Was it business calculus?
In my experience, I don't know how that is possible...In the Calculus class I took, they didn't teach trig and expected you to know it beforehand. Functions included trig formulas, which if you didn't know these things, you failed.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I agree to some extent, but your comparison to Goff's situation is not that close. Case was a veteran when he came to the Rams and he was/is more mobile than Jared, which mattered because that Oline was like a row of turnstyles.
1. Goff came from the Bear Raid system at Cal and hardly ever played under center.
2. Boras' system was hard to learn and had no creativity. It was like trying to learn Calculus without knowing trigonometry.
3. Goff was a little mobile but nothing like Case abd was turned into a tackling dummy by the Oline. Bottling up Gurley forced Jared to try and win games when he wasn't ready for that. Fisher totally sacrificed the kid.
Oh definitely. They clearly have very different circumstances. Goff does deserve the benefit of the doubt, but so does Case to some extent. He's a vet, but the majority of his time was as a backup or 3rd stringer. Last season's opening game was the 17th game of his career, and that's between 2 stints with HOU and 2 with us. I don't get how someone can look at Keenum's performance last season considering his supporting cast , Fisher/Boras middle school offense, crap receivers(Britt, Quick, Kendricks, TA), and a sieve of an oline, and define him by it. Many posters here have said "any QB would've looked bad in the offense" or something close to it.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
Case seemed to get engulfed by the defensive pass rush last year. The pass rush didn't give him much time. Being shorter I thought he had bad sight lines. Really wasn't his fault. This year you could see that he has more time and lanes to move around in. He has other things that help including better top level WRs and a running game. The Vikings defense also helps by not letting up points so case doesn't have to force things. Case is mobile enough and makes enough plays on a very good Vikings team.

nighttrain

Legend
Was it business calculus?
In my experience, I don't know how that is possible...In the Calculus class I took, they didn't teach trig and expected you to know it beforehand. Functions included trig formulas, which if you didn't know these things, you failed.
university level, didnt know i needed trig, no wonder it was a bit difficult
train