Kayvon Webster cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
You really believe Barron will be a "bubble player" in camp?
You don't think the Rams want to develop and see a young cheap player come in there and outperform Barron in camp?

Of course they do. (IMO)

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
You don't think the Rams want to develop and see a young cheap player come in there and outperform Barron in camp?

Of course they do. (IMO)
Every time Wade has talked about Barron it's to say how much he likes his game. They could have cut him and kept Ogletree, didn't happen. Don't see him being cut unless he can't go full on physically. We have enough holes to fill at linebacker.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I am actually bummed about this. I know why and everything, pretty crowded back there, but there wasn't one other corner who celebrated the signing of fellow corners like he did. Seems like a classy, and confident young man. I hope he lands on his feet, stays healthy, and plays well, just not against us.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Of course they do. (IMO)

Hypothetically speaking, sure.
Same could be said of every player... Who wouldn't love a cheaper younger player who outperforms a pricey vet?

I think there is very little chance that Barron is a player they are looking to replace in camp. I'm sure Les could get a 6.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Webster could be back later. I doubt anybody would bother signing him before the draft and that would be a team with a dire need at CB and a little spare cap room. He's not hitting the field before Thanksgiving anyways so somebody's unfortunate injury will get him signed in the middle of the season.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
He will be back imo. Sheilds and Talib are not long term solutions, Peters may or may not work out. I feel like we're taking a gamble that he will still be there to sign back later.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He will be back imo. Sheilds and Talib are not long term solutions, Peters may or may not work out. I feel like we're taking a gamble that he will still be there to sign back later.

There's a very real chance he will never be fully back - achilles injuries can slow you down just a little, the difference between a plus cornerback and a liability. He could make it back, but to find out the Rams have to spend money they can't really afford, and have him on IR most of the season before they find out.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
There's a very real chance he will never be fully back - achilles injuries can slow you down just a little, the difference between a plus cornerback and a liability. He could make it back, but to find out the Rams have to spend money they can't really afford, and have him on IR most of the season before they find out.
I was thinking about next season. Yea he may lose a step, but they did just gamble on Shields. If Kayvon is gtg early next off-season i can see them picking him back up.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Saw this move coming months ago. First year starter who was basically a scheme fit for a new defense. Injuries and (I may be in the minority here) play that was not all THAT impressive, his position needed upgrading.

Throw in an Achilles injury, two pro bowl additions, and now you're talking $3mil on the bench.
And that's if and when he recovers.

I do feel bad for the guy though. I can't think of a CB who has come back from an Achilles injury and played well. That's a tough one. Certainly not hoping sherman is a shining example of modern medicine this year.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That's a real shame. I wish him well.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
He was a very good player and I wish him the best. I understand the decision by the Rams to release him, strictly a business decision.