Kaepernick, RGIII, or Manziel in STL in 2016?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Come on, Les. Foles has looked like donkey poop in every game except for two games this year. It's not about the OL. It's about Foles.

With a good QB, this team is definitely in the playoffs. Foles isn't that. There's a reason Chip Kelly was so eager to dump the guy. And there's a reason why he's currently riding the pine while a journeyman like Case Keenum that couldn't play over Austin Davis and Shaun Hill last year is starting.

If Foles played any other position but QB, people would not be defending the guy. I don't recall people defending Craig Dahl's terrible play or Justin King's terrible play. "Well, Dahl wouldn't have whiffed on that tackle if Laurinaitis would have tackled him first." "King wouldn't have given up that TD if Quinn would have sacked the QB."

When Foles can't put the ball on open WRs, it's not the OL. It's Foles. That doesn't mean the OL is playing well. But it does mean that we can watch Foles and recognize how bad he is even without the WRs and OL being the best in the NFL.

Trying to build this team around Nick Foles is like trying to cure the symptoms of the disease without addressing the disease itself.

LEAVE JUSTIN KING ALONE

image.jpg

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
And trying to build an offense around one of three QBs that other teams have dumped is just doing more of the same/insanity!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think with OK to good OL play this discussion would be more about the Rams having a decent QB but still needing one for the "future".

I think if the Rams had a decent QB, the OL would be talked about as ok to good. ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And trying to build an offense around one of three QBs that other teams have dumped is just doing more of the same/insanity!

Except SF actually built a successful offense around Kaepernick. Sometimes, you have to make the best of the hand you're dealt.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If they didn't try and make Kapernick a pocket passer I would be OK with him on the roster. Let him run a read option type of offense with Gurley and Austin. Its not like he was a terrible QB before this year. He's got 47 starts and has thrown 56 TD's and 26 INT's. Not real great but far from terrible, which is what we have now. In the right system with a star back like Gurley he could win games. Just don't try and make him a pocket passer.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'd take Kaepernick. If you're going to use that type of QB, give me the guy that's 6'5" 230 and has had more than one successful season in the NFL.(said player has also started at QB in a Super Bowl)
Also does not have an injury history and is a hard worker.
That said, I only want him given that scenario.

Ballhawk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Also does not have an injury history and is a hard worker.
That said, I only want him given that scenario.
And he is locker room poison that only played well for Harbaugh.

fearsomefour

Legend
And he is locker room poison that only played well for Harbaugh.
Could be.
I am sure he is guilty of general douchebaggery.
I think the whole locker room was poisoned in general and Harbaby may have something to do with that.
My point was, the short comings in his game don't have to do with work ethic and he has been, until now I suppose, healthy. But, the running QB is not something I love, so, it would be a last resort move to me.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Keenum and/or Chase Daniels over any of them. Seriously. We don't need two divas and a coke head anywhere near our QB position. I'd bring back Austin Davis before stopping that low...

But of those three I'd pick CK. We've been doing some Wild Cat lately so...

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
CK was not used correctly. He took a team to the super bowl when he was used correctly. If forced to have one of those guys on the roster it would have to be CK. Imagine a defense having to defend the read option with him and Gurley on the field. Not to mention Austin. I don't want the Rams to sign any of those guys but if they did I hope they use them correctly.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Choosing between those 3, I'd go with Collin K.

Ballhawk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Choosing between those three, I'd go with Tebow. Nope, I'm lying! I'd go with Mannion.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Choosing between those 3, I'd go with Collin K.

That's like picking what you want for dinner and the options on the menu are a Turd Sandwich, Poop Taco or a Crap Salad.
All those options look pretty shitty to me.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Except SF actually built a successful offense around Kaepernick. Sometimes, you have to make the best of the hand you're dealt.
With Boldin, Gore, Vernon Davis, Crabtree, a killer D, and a good Oline.
Quit playing Madden, Kapernick is shit.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Foles has missed a grip of open Wrs this season.Looking back through his philly days alot and I mean alot of yardage he had was from short passes with long runs afterwards. He had pro bowl level players racking up TDs and YAC that skewed his stas.I say give Mannion a shot in the last 3 games,better to do it now vs 1st string starters than iin preseason vs backups.Keenum is not our long term solution so why waste valuable game time experience. Mannion on the hand we don't know yet so getting a look at him vs 1st stringers will help clear that up.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
With Boldin, Gore, Vernon Davis, Crabtree, a killer D, and a good Oline.
Quit playing Madden, Kapernick is crap.

Boldin wasn't there in the season they went to the Super Bowl. Crabtree was a decent, but never great receiver, he certainly never lived up to his draft billing. Gore was an excellent back ... but we have Gurley, who is a generational talent and a couple orders of magnitude better than Gore. As for the OLine ... if we could stay healthy with the talent we've drafted, we might be pretty good. Barnes not terrible, but we could use an upgrade at C, but I don't think they are that far away given good health (knocking on wood very, very hard). We have a good D now, with all the injuries. When we get Quinn, Tree, and EJ back next year, and assuming we keep at least one of Tru and JJ, we have a killer D, possibly better than what they had.

I get the non-enthusiasm about Kap, but we don't have a lot of choices for getting a veteran QB next year. We are probably at least a year or two away from having a decent, veteran starter who is a proficient passer, unless Mannion really lights it up in training camp next year. At this point, I'd take Kap over Foles after his stunning regression this year.