Kaepernick, RGIII, or Manziel in STL in 2016?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd take Kaepernick. If you're going to use that type of QB, give me the guy that's 6'5" 230 and has had more than one successful season in the NFL.(said player has also started at QB in a Super Bowl)

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
FB_IMG_1443483091157.jpg

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If I was forced at gunpoint to take one, it'd probably be CK. Maybe Manziel. I'd take the bullet instead of RGIII. Figuratively of course.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Thought about this earlier...

Taking a look at the QB's on the roster, none of the FA QB's mentioned look like the QB's on the current Ram roster.

Current roster - pocket passers

FA QB's - run around guys

I think that the idea that Fisher wants a run (only) offense is off-base. My sense from observation is that Fisher wants balance with a dominant running game and play action passing. These run around guys are not passers.

There exists a lot, a whole lot of exaggeration with respect to the Ram offense and the desire to run the football. IMO

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thought about this earlier...

Taking a look at the QB's on the roster, none of the FA QB's mentioned look like the QB's on the current Ram roster.

Current roster - pocket passers

FA QB's - run around guys

I think that the idea that Fisher wants a run (only) offense is off-base. My sense from observation is that Fisher wants balance with a dominant running game and play action passing. These run around guys are not passers.

There exists a lot, a whole lot of exaggeration with respect to the Ram offense and the desire to run the football. IMO

Neither are the current guys on our roster. :LOL:

Big Willie

Starter
Get Foles some protection and he will be fine. To me, his issue is that he holds the ball and doesn't make quick decisions. When he gets time and uses the correct mechanics, he is fine. I would rather the Rams improve the line and pass on all three of the listed QBs.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Get Foles some protection and he will be fine. To me, his issue is that he holds the ball and doesn't make quick decisions. When he gets time and uses the correct mechanics, he is fine. I would rather the Rams improve the line and pass on all three of the listed QBs.

And that's about the worst thing you can say about a pocket passer. Why would you build around a shitty QB?

I'd rather the Rams improve the OL and improve the QB position.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Combine this offense with the "talents" of RGIII and the two cities would probably withdraw all offers. They'd be the Poughkeepsie Rams. Inglewood would probably request a Wal-Mart instead.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Yeah, I think Foles needs to be done. I'd rather roll with Keenum and resign Davis than go with Foles or the three runners.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I liked that post because the first sentence is dead on the money.

When the OL has been OK Foles (and Gurley) has been fine (Gurley crazy good) so that's really the issue.

With a good OL this team is probably in the playoffs.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked that post because the first sentence is dead on the money.

When the OL has been OK Foles (and Gurley) has been fine (Gurley crazy good) so that's really the issue.

With a good OL this team is probably in the playoffs.

Come on, Les. Foles has looked like donkey poop in every game except for two games this year. It's not about the OL. It's about Foles.

With a good QB, this team is definitely in the playoffs. Foles isn't that. There's a reason Chip Kelly was so eager to dump the guy. And there's a reason why he's currently riding the pine while a journeyman like Case Keenum that couldn't play over Austin Davis and Shaun Hill last year is starting.

If Foles played any other position but QB, people would not be defending the guy. I don't recall people defending Craig Dahl's terrible play or Justin King's terrible play. "Well, Dahl wouldn't have whiffed on that tackle if Laurinaitis would have tackled him first." "King wouldn't have given up that TD if Quinn would have sacked the QB."

When Foles can't put the ball on open WRs, it's not the OL. It's Foles. That doesn't mean the OL is playing well. But it does mean that we can watch Foles and recognize how bad he is even without the WRs and OL being the best in the NFL.

Trying to build this team around Nick Foles is like trying to cure the symptoms of the disease without addressing the disease itself.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Come on, Les. Foles has looked like donkey poop in every game except for two games this year. It's not about the OL. It's about Foles.

With a good QB, this team is definitely in the playoffs. Foles isn't that. There's a reason Chip Kelly was so eager to dump the guy. And there's a reason why he's currently riding the pine while a journeyman like Case Keenum that couldn't play over Austin Davis and Shaun Hill last year is starting.

If Foles played any other position but QB, people would not be defending the guy. I don't recall people defending Craig Dahl's terrible play or Justin King's terrible play. "Well, Dahl wouldn't have whiffed on that tackle if Laurinaitis would have tackled him first." "King wouldn't have given up that TD if Quinn would have sacked the QB."

When Foles can't put the ball on open WRs, it's not the OL. It's Foles. That doesn't mean the OL is playing well. But it does mean that we can watch Foles and recognize how bad he is even without the WRs and OL being the best in the NFL.

Trying to build this team around Nick Foles is like trying to cure the symptoms of the disease without addressing the disease itself.

I think with OK to good OL play this discussion would be more about the Rams having a decent QB but still needing one for the "future".