CELEBRATE !! Kaepernick headed to L.A.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
no.gif

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm going to try (and I'm using that word very loosely) to support this if it happened. While I'm not a fan of this dude, I do agree with Jrry that he is still a better option than what we have.
If I'm only looking at the football player and not the dumb ass of a human he does have a good arm and one thing we don't have is a QB that can do damage with his legs.

I still want us to draft the future, however.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
As much as i hate that guy I honestly think our chances to win would be better than with Nick Folds.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Just when we thought it couldnt get any worse than Foles. I hope this is just a bleacher report type rumor.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Yeah, unbelievable that he didn't see that. He should've noticed right away.
Kinda makes you wonder what exactly does he look at pre snap.Does he look to see if its man or zone are they blitzing, are my guys lined up right?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I'm going to try (and I'm using that word very loosely) to support this if it happened. While I'm not a fan of this dude, I do agree with Jrry that he is still a better option than what we have.
If I'm only looking at the football player and not the dumb ass of a human he does have a good arm and one thing we don't have is a QB that can do damage with his legs.

I still want us to draft the future, however.
He's got an arm but what good does that do if he can't throw it to the right guy! He just can't scan and quickly dissect what the defense is showing him consistently. Maybe with intense study...but he should have got it by now. I worry his IQ just won't allow it to happen for him to make decisions quick enough for him to really utilize that big old 155mm howitzer he's got for an arm. If he could - then Jaws would have been right, he could be great. But if I was six inches taller, could run the 40 in four fewer seconds and could throw the ball over the blue ridge mountains then my name would be Uncle Rico and I'd have won state back in '82 if coach had put me in.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I want this to happen so badly. Watching the year long cycle of people trying to convince themselves that actually on second thoughts Kapernick is actually really good, and is the exact QB we need to get to the playoffs, then eventually using him as an excuse for why Fisher still isn't successful (he just needs a QB!) is too entertaining a prospect to turn down.

Was it fun when it was Foles? freak yes. But for it to be someone everyone hates as much as Kapernick, that would take it up to 11.

Or you know, they could not do this, and do something that actually turns them into winners, either is fine with me.
You're still here?

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I'm 100% sure this is made up BS (like 99% of the stories lately), but........

Kap getting ready to go out to his intro press conference:

Snead: "Colin here's a Rams hat, take off that dolphins hat."
Kaepernick: "No, I'm good. It's about the fashion"

Fisher: "OK Colin, welcome to the team. Here's your playbook"
Kaepernick: "For what?"
Fisher: "So you can study and learn the plays"
Kaepernick: "No thanks, I'm good"

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Ok .. now after scrolling thru rather quickly after reading the first couple of responses .... Kaep is property of the 9ers. They would have to either outright release him OR trade him to the Rams. Now does anyone really think Baalke/York would do that with a division rival? I highly doubt .... even though I think they are stupid as fuck......

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ok .. now after scrolling thru rather quickly after reading the first couple of responses .... Kaep is property of the 9ers. They would have to either outright release him OR trade him to the Rams. Now does anyone really think Baalke/York would do that with a division rival? I highly doubt .... even though I think they are stupid as freak......

well_done_sir.gif

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
He's got an arm but what good does that do if he can't throw it to the right guy! He just can't scan and quickly dissect what the defense is showing him consistently. Maybe with intense study...but he should have got it by now. I worry his IQ just won't allow it to happen for him to make decisions quick enough for him to really utilize that big old 155mm howitzer he's got for an arm. If he could - then Jaws would have been right, he could be great. But if I was six inches taller, could run the 40 in four fewer seconds and could throw the ball over the blue ridge mountains then my name would be Uncle Rico and I'd have won state back in '82 if coach had put me in.

Not saying I disagree but right now I don't think we have a better option. I still want us to draft the future (I personally am not sold Mannion is they guy) or would love to trade for proven talent but that's not likely either.