Kaepernick agrees on extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
6-year extension worth up to $126M with $60M Guaranteed.... Wow. Most overrated and overpaid player in NFL History in my opinion. Good player, but not worth that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bust.gif

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Love it. Love the fact that they spent that much money on an average QB. This will be part of their undoing.

A55VA6

Legend
Not that I wish injuries on any human being, but I hope Kaepernick hurts a knee or something after one of his dumb ass runs this year. 49ers are gonna be pisssssed when that happens.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He's a decent QB for what they're doing on offense, but that shit doesn't last long. Once defenses take away the option, he'll have to sit there and rely on his ability to read coverages and make accurate throws. That won't be a given, and I'm kinda surprised they committed to that kind of money without first finding out if he's capable of doing it with any level of efficiency. Especially after Steve Young said when Kaepernick’s first option isn’t open, he takes off running. And while Kaepernick often makes great plays with his legs, Young doesn’t believe Kaepernick can be a great player if he’s always quick to rely on his running ability.

LOL over $20m per year :ROFLMAO:.

How does this work as of today they had $1m in cap space, do they have to cut guys now or does it only take effect next year. I'll offer a 4th round pick for Crabtree if they need the space.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
"OMG BRADFORD IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXPENSIVE OMG HE HASSSSSSS A HUGE CONTRACT!"

Maybe all the Bradford contract tards to finally understand he isn't the expensive....

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Not that I wish injuries on any human being, but I hope Kaepernick hurts a knee or something after one of his dumb ass runs this year. 49ers are gonna be pisssssed when that happens.

No don't say that. That brings bad Karma for our guys. Besides he sucks. We want him in the game.

FRO

Legend
So who all is getting cut next offseason? Isn't Crabtree a free agent after this year? The 49ers will go the route of the Ravens as will Seattle once Wilson gets his big deal.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
6-year extension worth up to $126M with $60M Guaranteed.... Wow. Most overrated and overpaid player in NFL History in my opinion. Good player, but not worth that.

Good - I'm glad the 49ers dumped so much money into a player we agree is overrated and overpaid ... less cap room for others to be paid what they are worth.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
He's a decent QB for what they're doing on offense, but that crap doesn't last long. Once defenses take away the option, he'll have to sit there and rely on his ability to read coverages and make accurate throws. That won't be a given, and I'm kinda surprised they committed to that kind of money without first finding out if he's capable of doing it with any level of efficiency. Especially after Steve Young said when Kaepernick’s first option isn’t open, he takes off running. And while Kaepernick often makes great plays with his legs, Young doesn’t believe Kaepernick can be a great player if he’s always quick to rely on his running ability.

I remember seeing a breakdown of how they draw up passing plays for him on one show. Maybe it was the one on ESPN early in the morning, but they basically showed how they only make him read half the field because of his inability progress through multiple reads. Maybe he'll learn. I hope not, though.

ED_29

He's a decent QB for what they're doing on offense, but that crap doesn't last long. Once defenses take away the option, he'll have to sit there and rely on his ability to read coverages and make accurate throws. That won't be a given, and I'm kinda surprised they committed to that kind of money without first finding out if he's capable of doing it with any level of efficiency. Especially after Steve Young said when Kaepernick’s first option isn’t open, he takes off running. And while Kaepernick often makes great plays with his legs, Young doesn’t believe Kaepernick can be a great player if he’s always quick to rely on his running ability.

They probably think that he capable of doing that... which is why you pay that kind of money. Its no different for any other QB... he has to learn to play from the pocket... outside of the pocket he is outstanding. Against the Seahawks they held him in check passing all game. The Hawks also slammed the Niners run game. The only reason they were in the game offensively and lead throughout was because of his ability to make plays with his legs

The only thing to like about it is the money they have now tied up ...but he like Sam has a rocket arm, can make any throw, is smart... and unlike Sam is very athletic and can make plays with his feet... huge ones.

I'd rather him not be a 49er... because his upside makes me ill

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I love it! That puts an already aging team in cap jeopardy and are basically losing $20 mil of cap space for other players. Now Seattle just needs to do the same with Wilson

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Wow, horrible move by the whiners. I love it lmao!!

RamsFan14

Starter
Well then... Guess I'm in the minority thinking he's a pretty good player haha. I hope he struggles, but I think this forum really doesn't give the man enough credit. He knows how to win, and was pretty close in the SB too. He'll probably going to keep learning and getting better, he's still young. Doesn't help that the team is surrounding him with better talent. :mad: