Justin Fields: an idea and a question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You just wanna be in on that MILF game.
Best thing he's done since he's been in the league. Probably the only good thing he's done for that matter.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'm still not really sure why the media and NFL experts like Fields. I've watched a handful of games and watched some film on him and he's downright terrible. Sure he has a game here or there but as a pure QB he doesn't pass the eye test.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don’t want to give anything up for a 1 yr rental.
There isn’t a team out there that will pay him that $20mil next year.

Bring him in next year for a tryout, once he’s cut.

jjab360

Legend
I'm still not really sure why the media and NFL experts like Fields. I've watched a handful of games and watched some film on him and he's downright terrible. Sure he has a game here or there but as a pure QB he doesn't pass the eye test.
I don't know about the media but I do know some casual fans like him just because he's a good fantasy football player

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So... Jimmy G bout to become avail
That would be tempting. Rams have a better offense than the Raiders had. And much better coaching. But the Rams don't rely on the short game like the 49ers do. Rams want to push the ball downfield.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Very tempting to trade for Fields, rehabilitate his value under a more intelligent system than Chicago's (Eberflus should've been fired, and I'm shocked he hasn't been fired yet; he's an incompetent boob when it comes to offense.)

Fields is a better option than Zach Wilson, who has literally done nothing, and honestly, is as big a bust as Ryan Leaf, and yet somehow, Wilson's getting looks.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I'm in the camp to bring Wentz back, he already knows the offense and seems to me to have more to offer then the others.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Thetrade market for Justin Fields is rapidly drying meaning that, if he is traded, it will likely be to a team that won’t slot him in as an immediate starter.

Could/should the Rams be interested?

Let’s say the Rams were to get him for a 3rd round pick. He’d be a very good insurance policy (and could be used as in occasional RPO packages) for this year, at a price of around $3.25M.

The Rams would, of course, decline Fields’ 5th year option, which would pay him over $20M.

I don’t know if, having turned down the option, the Rams would be eligible to get a comp pick if (when) Fields leaves after a year. If they do, that mitigates against the price.

This could become moot any moment now but, in the meantime, anyone like this idea?
No Way Cat GIF

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
They just mentioned this on NFL Network.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I would prefer Wentz with the mobility. And wouldn't mind Flacco. He's not afraid to push the ball downfield. In a perfect world they wouldn't be needed. But having one could save the season if Stafford went down for a couple games.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
How much we paying for a backup QB? I'd imagine that's all the cap we have left at the moment. Wentz for 4.5M?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Id love Wentz at the right price. I wouldn't like to see Jimmy fucking G string here but there are worse QBs out there. Flacco is intriguing but again I wouldnt want to see him play an extended period of time. And just say no to Fields