Justin Fields: an idea and a question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
The trade market for Justin Fields is rapidly drying meaning that, if he is traded, it will likely be to a team that won’t slot him in as an immediate starter.

Could/should the Rams be interested?

Let’s say the Rams were to get him for a 3rd round pick. He’d be a very good insurance policy (and could be used as in occasional RPO packages) for this year, at a price of around $3.25M.

The Rams would, of course, decline Fields’ 5th year option, which would pay him over $20M.

I don’t know if, having turned down the option, the Rams would be eligible to get a comp pick if (when) Fields leaves after a year. If they do, that mitigates against the price.

This could become moot any moment now but, in the meantime, anyone like this idea?
1/6th (2024) + 1/6th (2025) = 1/3rd…..no? I believe I learned that in 3rd grade and somehow it stuck.