Just wanted you all to know

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Well it's been a bit since the disaster. I've started to come to grips with it, even started to think it may be best for the city in the long term. Maybe we get an expansion team, maybe we get a soccer team now. The MLS said the loss actually improved St Louis chances for that. Either way, we would get a team solely ours. But that's not why I posted my final thread here, to discuss the move again.

I just wanted the mods and the membership to know that (quite unexpectedly) the biggest loss of the Rams leaving was the loss of ROD. I had no idea how much of a daily habit this was for me. I also had no idea how off the wall bat shit crazy the average fan is. Without ROD to balance the scales, it's been a trial. I don't know if I'll ever follow the NFL again, simply because I can't stand the conversation. I checked into the main Chiefs board, thinking maybe I should at least try to stay with football. Let's just say, no fucking way. The last in person conversation I had about football was like watching a 2014 Madden game on PS. He had all the rosters wrong. All I said was, "he's not on that team anymore" about a 100 times.

So anyway, you guys continue to do what you do. Don't let the move change you. Because the real world of NFL fandom is a scary place.

Here's hoping 2016 the Rams finally reward you guys for your patience. I think I'm going to see about this hockey thing, people seem pretty passionate about it. Best of luck guys.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
maybe we get a soccer team now

Please do, then I might start watching it.

I think I'm going to see about this hockey thing,

I wish it didn't start so late all the time, even one early game a week like the Cardinals would be enough for me. At least it seems like the Blues owner cares, unlike the Avalanche ;).

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Please do, then I might start watching it.

I wish it didn't start so late all the time, even one early game a week like the Cardinals would be enough for me. At least it seems like the Blues owner cares, unlike the Avalanche ;).

He's been pretty supportive. And let's face it. Being a music fan and a half ass musician I've always thought the Blues had the baddest uniforms in professional sports. So at the very least I'll get some nice new clothes.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think I'm going to see about this hockey thing, people seem pretty passionate about it. Best of luck guys.

Do it, hockey is a great sport, probably the last true fan oriented sport in the U.S... The players are down to earth, it's just a totally different experience. There was a time where a player in warmups shot a puck over the glass and spilled a guys beer, so the player had a trainer go to his locker and get 10 bucks out of his wallet to buy the guy a new beer. You don't see that stuff in other leagues.

Plus the handshake line at the end of the playoffs, greatest tradition in sports.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well it's been a bit since the disaster. I've started to come to grips with it, even started to think it may be best for the city in the long term. Maybe we get an expansion team, maybe we get a soccer team now. The MLS said the loss actually improved St Louis chances for that. Either way, we would get a team solely ours. But that's not why I posted my final thread here, to discuss the move again.

I just wanted the mods and the membership to know that (quite unexpectedly) the biggest loss of the Rams leaving was the loss of ROD. I had no idea how much of a daily habit this was for me. I also had no idea how off the wall bat crap crazy the average fan is. Without ROD to balance the scales, it's been a trial. I don't know if I'll ever follow the NFL again, simply because I can't stand the conversation. I checked into the main Chiefs board, thinking maybe I should at least try to stay with football. Let's just say, no freaking way. The last in person conversation I had about football was like watching a 2014 Madden game on PS. He had all the rosters wrong. All I said was, "he's not on that team anymore" about a 100 times.

So anyway, you guys continue to do what you do. Don't let the move change you. Because the real world of NFL fandom is a scary place.

Here's hoping 2016 the Rams finally reward you guys for your patience. I think I'm going to see about this hockey thing, people seem pretty passionate about it. Best of luck guys.

I hope you stick around, if nothing else to stay in touch because you have a lot of friends here. Perhaps participate in sub forums? We can add new sub forums too, if there is some of interest by the board.

I think for all of us there is a transition taking place and it might take time, or may never happen for some. This feels so wrong for the city of St. Louis. Our LA members feel the pain too. It's a sad story for these two cities. One of them has to lose for the benefit of the other... For the last 22 years.

I wish there was a way they could both win.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@blue4 I give 30 minutes of watching soccer and then you will be ready for some American Football...It's okay we all understand, but come around your insights to the game will be missed and I hope you find your passion for watching and rooting for the game again!

Hockey is great though and the St. Louis Blues are one hell of a franchise...BTW @Dagonet do not read that last line!

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
It's tough to shop for another team after being with one for so long. I had considered it in 2011 because I was so frustrated with that whole horrible year and the direction the Rams were going. But when I went to a Colts board and read some posts I just couldn't relate. It was like stepping into the Twilight Zone.

Sometimes it takes an entire offseason to change your heart. I remember back in 1978 after the Rams were blown out 28-0 at home by the Cowboys when I first seriously lost interest that whole offseason. That was about as bad of a public embarassment for this team that I'd seen at the time, to let that happen and to see Hollywood Henderson of all people rub it in with a pick six.

Anyway I was back again in 1979 keeping track of the Rams though I had stopped my ritual of collecting monday LA Times for the stories and pics. I watched game 1 on TV (a frustrating loss to the Raiders) but I was back supporting them again and even though injuries mounted I was cheering for a Ram W in that 1st playoff game at Dallas.

So yeah things can change in that much time and if you find yourself still interested in the Rams players even with not much love for the owner or the NFL then I'm sure everyone here would welcome you back.

Last edited:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I hope you stick around, if nothing else to stay in touch because you have a lot of friends here. Perhaps participate in sub forums? We can add new sub forums too, if there is some of interest by the board.

I think for all of us there is a transition taking place and it might take time, or may never happen for some. This feels so wrong for the city of St. Louis. Our LA members feel the pain too. It's a sad story for these two cities. One of them has to lose for the benefit of the other... For the last 22 years.

I probably will pop in from time to time to check in. Like I said before, a person doesn't realize exactly how much time they spend here and how many people you can be friends with, without ever meeting them. It's incredible really when you've grown up in the era of school pen pals. But I think my love of the game has been dealt a body blow at least. The members of my little garage band seemed excited that Sundays are now on the table as jam days, so every cloud has a silver lining.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
@blue4 I give 30 minutes of watching soccer and then you will be ready for some American Football...It's okay we all understand, but come around your insights to the game will be missed and I hope you find your passion for watching and rooting for the game again!

Hockey is great though and the St. Louis Blues are one hell of a franchise...BTW @Dagonet do not read that last line!

I don't know how much people will miss my insight. I could drone on about the OL for quite some time.:). But I thank you for that.

RamzFanz

Damnit

I would have agreed to half a team if they had asked! :icare:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I just wanted the mods and the membership to know that (quite unexpectedly) the biggest loss of the Rams leaving was the loss of ROD. I had no idea how much of a daily habit this was for me. I also had no idea how off the wall bat crap crazy the average fan is. Without ROD to balance the scales, it's been a trial. I don't know if I'll ever follow the NFL again, simply because I can't stand the conversation. I checked into the main Chiefs board, thinking maybe I should at least try to stay with football. Let's just say, no freaking way. The last in person conversation I had about football was like watching a 2014 Madden game on PS. He had all the rosters wrong. All I said was, "he's not on that team anymore" about a 100 times.

I read other teams' message boards for lunchtime entertainment. No other team appeals to me so much to abandon the Rams.

I'm gonna root for the Rams b/c they are Rams. I think its gonna be exactly like rooting for the Cowboys. Fans cheer the team, despise the owner, all in a fancy new stadium that will be a tourist attraction rather than a football stadium. Hell there's even a chance the Rams can become a hated team like the Cowboys (and they are already a little b/c of the whole "dirty team" bs).

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Best wishes man. I'm gonna continue to root for the Rams. They're on the verge, EVEN with Fisher.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I'll miss the team being local. But I'm not much affected otherwise. I hoped the NFL/owners would take their guidelines seriously, act with some integrity and not be total hypocrites, but I figured that was a longshot. I'm really pissed how much they lied about and dumped on St. Louis. I hate the NFL. I hope they lose a lot of money and remain just profitable enough to stay in business. Fuck them. But I can't see not being a fan, the game is just too good (though Goodell is trying hard to change that). I'm a Panthers fan for the time being. But I'll still follow the Rams, while hoping Kroenke goes broke and dies a slow (but not too slow) painful death.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Peace to you blue. Hope to see you back but if not, it has been great posting with you.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Peace to you blue. Hope to see you back but if not, it has been great posting with you.

The Rams had to leave the Broadway Oyster Bar behind, so there's that at least. I'm sure I'll check in now and again. It's been great talking with you too.

Another shout out to @RamBill . I took all your news updates for granted. It is a pain in the ass to look all that stuff up yourself.

tonyl711

Starter
after thinking about this for days, i am thoroughly disgusted with Kroenke, Goddell, Grubman, Jones and a host of others, and i thought long and hard about giving up on the NFL altogether, but then i thought why should i let these greedy dishonest slimeball douchebags take away one of the things i love, so my solution is to keep watching the game i love, but not put another penny in any NFL pocket, i will never again wear, use or buy anything that puts money in an NFL pocket.
as far as finding a new team, i have put my heart and soul into rooting for the Rams for the last 20 years and untill (if) St Louis gets another team i will remain a Rams fan.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
after thinking about this for days, i am thoroughly disgusted with Kroenke, Goddell, Grubman, Jones and a host of others, and i thought long and hard about giving up on the NFL altogether, but then i thought why should i let these greedy dishonest slimeball douchebags take away one of the things i love, so my solution is to keep watching the game i love, but not put another penny in any NFL pocket, i will never again wear, use or buy anything that puts money in an NFL pocket.
as far as finding a new team, i have put my heart and soul into rooting for the Rams for the last 20 years and untill (if) St Louis gets another team i will remain a Rams fan.

I like you. This is exactly my thought process as well. This while thing has taken the wind out my sail as far as the off season is concerned. But I'll still be around for awhile, yet. At least until STL gets another team.

If I do leave, I'll fade into the sunset. The good bye thread isn't my thing.