Just signed WR JJ Worton out of UCF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fancents86

Starter
Good pick up IMO, Stud over at UCF. Very ironic me and a buddy were just talking about UCF and I was just asking where JJ went, and how I'd love for him to get a chance with the Rams.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...orton-signs-st-louis-rams-20151211-story.html

Former UCF receiver J.J. Worton signs with St. Louis Rams
Shannon Green and Iliana Limón Romero

Former UCF receiver J.J. Worton is finally getting his NFL opportunity.

Worton, who suffered a torn ACL late in his senior year that prevented him from particiating in pre-NFL Draft activities, worked out for five NFL teams before signing with the Saint Louis Rams, a source told the Orlando Sentinel.

Renowned Dr. James Andrews cleared Worton to resume football activities on Aug. 19, but it was too late for most NFL teams that were moving toward locking down their final rosters.

Before he was injured, Worton recorded 36 catches for 514 yards and five touchdowns, including one touchdown apiece in the final four games he played in a UCF uniform.

Worton wrapped up his career ranked in the UCF top 10 in career receiving yards.

While his sure hands helped power the Knights to three consecutive conference titles, he is best known for a dramtic, diving one-handed catch in the end zone at Temple that helped fuel UCF's rally for a narrow win over Temple. The play helped preserve the Knights' perfect record in American Athletic Conference play and earn a historic trip to the Fiesta Bowl. Worton later won an ESPN Sports Science award for the best catch in college football during the 2013 season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I doubt he'll take one regular season snap this year, but he's an interesting prospect.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Meh. Camp body maybe. We'll see.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most likely won't turn into anything but I loved watching Worton in college with Bortles. Sure-handed guy.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
My new Greg Salas!! Liked this guy with Bortles throwing to him. He has all off season to show he's capable and with our uncertainty at the position, opportunities are there to make the team and play.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
My new Greg Salas!! Liked this guy with Bortles throwing to him. He has all off season to show he's capable and with our uncertainty at the position, opportunities are there to make the team and play.

Maybe our new Austin Pettis - 4th or 5th guy, not physically gifted but with sticky hands?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
You had me at "sticky hands".

Wait, that didn't come out right...

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Worton looks like a bigger Amendola to me in those highlights. I hope that knee healed up, he looked to have some nice short area quickness.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Until we get a real QB, won't matter if Holt, Bruce, Welker, Calvin Johnson and Jerry Rice all in their prime made up our WR corp.

Hope for the best with this kid, he's got talent.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Damn, I loved Worton at UCF. That's a great flyer. He actually has talent and upside if he's healthy. Would love to see him compete, he's the type of guy that just ends up sticking.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Never heard of him, so I looked him up on YouTube and this catch is insane.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV-f-x1PIi4

And here's a video of him running a 40 and running some routes/catching passes.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0V3ogTVTtc

Forget Worton, did you see that camera guy do a fat guy half roll like he'd been doing it all his life! It was amazing! He moved like 6 inches in under 30 seconds!

He then pulls up just 72 seconds late for the shot of his life to get the back of Worton's helmet.

Like a cat with a camera.

Wish I could do that.

Last edited:

jap

Legend
Forget Worton, did you see that camera guy do a fat guy half roll like he'd been doing it all his life! It was amazing! He moved like 6 inches in under 30 seconds!

He then pulls up just 72 seconds late for the shot of his life to get the back of Worton's helmet.

Like a cat with a camera.

Wish I could do that.

That's the trained reflexes of a photographer striving to save a mega-buck telephoto lens.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
well even though it is late for him to contribute much this season, he has had the benefit of extra rehab and healing time for that knee. Hopefully he will stick around to compete for a spot next year.