Just quit watching the Seahawks vs 49r's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Thordaddy said:
albefree69 said:
The whole freakin stadium is a huge lightning rod. There's zero chance a player would get hit.

It's just PR.

It's more like liability / OSHA, when I swim in open pools if they hear thunder they reset a thirty minute clock during which no one gets in the pool.

The Army would make us suspend training when there was lightning. We had to stack our rifles and get under a metal shack whenever it came around. And yet overseas the enemy would just continue to fight us, no concept of safety from those guys.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Thordaddy said:
moklerman said:
Thordaddy said:
I think you are correct it's an advantage,and the even call themselves the twelfth man,I think it's more like 12 and 13. So the question IMO becomes KNOWING the effects shouldn't every home team be given that sort of advantage.
What do you mean "given"? It's up to each home team's fans to create the advantage.

I remember KC used to have a really loud crowd and the GSOT Rams crowds were pretty good too. But last night seemed louder(on tv) than anything I've ever heard. Granted, they might be manipulating things on the broadcast to play up the reputation Seattle has but it did seem louder. And it isn't just loudness out of excitement, the fans are actually using their voices to help their team. I respect them for that.
Fans aren't part of the game,they can't run out and make tackles, they have NO place having direct effect on the outcome of the game,the line has to be drawn there or all fan interference is just a matter of choice. Why not snipers?

The integrity of the competition is all they have to sell.
100 disagree fans are a HUGE part of this game without them there is no reason to play. Yes the cant run out on tge field and make a tackle but why should they not cheer as loud as they can for the team the spend ALOT of their hard earned money to support.

Really snipers thats not only a large stretch but a HUGE exaggeration between the to. Thor i like and respect your opinion but this to me seems like you are going as far as you can to back a ludicrously undefended point. Did you complain whwn the rams had the loudest show on turf or did you enjoy the advantage. Be honest.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Rabid Ram said:
Thordaddy said:
moklerman said:
Thordaddy said:
I think you are correct it's an advantage,and the even call themselves the twelfth man,I think it's more like 12 and 13. So the question IMO becomes KNOWING the effects shouldn't every home team be given that sort of advantage.
What do you mean "given"? It's up to each home team's fans to create the advantage.

I remember KC used to have a really loud crowd and the GSOT Rams crowds were pretty good too. But last night seemed louder(on tv) than anything I've ever heard. Granted, they might be manipulating things on the broadcast to play up the reputation Seattle has but it did seem louder. And it isn't just loudness out of excitement, the fans are actually using their voices to help their team. I respect them for that.
Fans aren't part of the game,they can't run out and make tackles, they have NO place having direct effect on the outcome of the game,the line has to be drawn there or all fan interference is just a matter of choice. Why not snipers?

100 disagree fans are a HUGE part of this game without them there is no reason to play. Yes the cant run out on tge field and make a tackle but why should they not cheer as loud as they can for the team the spend ALOT of their hard earned money to support.

Really snipers thats not only a large stretch but a HUGE exaggeration between the to. Thor i like and respect your opinion but this to me seems like you are going as far as you can to back a ludicrously undefended point. Did you complain whwn the rams had the loudest show on turf or did you enjoy the advantage. Be honest.
I know one thing, those crickets sure are loud. :cheese:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rabid Ram said:
Thordaddy said:
moklerman said:
Thordaddy said:

That doesn't matter ,if it's wrong NOW it would have been then as well so if I said I was wrong in the past it doesn't mean you can't correct mistakes going forward. THAT BTW is equating the home field advantage that team enjoyed to the one Seattle currently enjoys and I don't think they are close to the same.
In fact there are probably some records of just how loud it did get,I attended a lot of those games .

Said another way Rabid ,if you ever drove drunk ,would that mean you have to defend doing it? you and I are not the issue here ,please quit trying to put the focus on either of us, this is a cognitive discussion and I'm not going to characterize your arguments with pejoratives, please reciprocate.