Just One Last Question For You All

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SamMills51

UDFA
Well, looking back at the game, and the chaos on the carolina forums, the talks are on the missed helmet to helmet hits on Cam Newton that game, and it's cluttering the forum.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/forum/7-carolina-panthers-news-and-talk/

I'll effectively show some views that show some of those strong hits. What really irked everyone on the Panthers side is how everyone is considering these hits as legal.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.9d72ee768ac41d4e0950544bee9857c2.gif

View: https://twitter.com/chris6615/status/795403186370736132

That's the first hit the talking heads considered as a shoulder to shoulder hit. Of course, in real time it'd be hard for the refs to call in all honesty. But the way the media is talking it's an all around legal hit.

The second one, obvious helmet to helmet (Still was an amazing tackle though)
9TtQbp.gif

Head obviously bobbles back.

Now I know, most people who aren't fans of the Panthers would consider that Cam deserved those hits and blah blah, but I just want to know, if this was your QB being hit like that, would you consider these illegal hits? The first hit was subtle, so it's understandably uncalled, but the second one had Cam's head bobbling back hard.

Like what's really getting at me is how no one is talking about it, and how they consider these all legal.

Sorry to bring this drama to you guys, but I'm curious to know your point of view.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You want my honest opinion?

Tell those pussies to man up. It's a damn game, and those are incidental contact hits.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
There is contact helmet to helmet, but they aren't leading with the crown of the helmet. Also Newton is so strong and elusive, these guys know they have to come at him full speed to have a solid chance of getting him on the ground. All fans hate their QB's taking hits, but I think you guys are over analyzing these hits IMO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, those aren't illegal hits. Barron didn't get him helmet to helmet from what I recall. He hit him with a forearm. And the helmet to helmet contact on the Donald sack is incidental at best.

This isn't a penalty:

JackStraw

Rookie
Thd contact took place within a wall of monsters and immediately after the snap.. It's not that shocking the refs missed missed that one

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's time for caaaaaam to put on his clown suit and cry like a bitch at the press conference.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Baron one isn't illegal IMO. The Donald one is border line for me. He did make unavoidable contact with the helmet and if it were called I wouldn't have complained about it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Barrons hit was brutal ,but completely legal.
Donalds was as well. He clearing made contact before his helmet hit Cam.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Neither one of those hits are anywhere close to illegal or with any dirty intent sorry. Both are 100% pure normal football hits that happen in every game.

Psycho_X

Legend
I've seen less called on us before because the NFL rule book is so convoluted and pussified now it's hard to tell during live action so refs just have to make a judgement call. On the Barron hit there was nothing illegal about it. In fact, I'd say he was trying his best to not making an illegal hit while still delivering a hard one.

The Donald one comes down to the refs choice in fast, non slowmo action. I see Donald hitting Cam with them both vertical and face to face so of course their face masks hit especially from recoil. If a ref wanted to be a dick he could throw a flag because like I said I've seen them throw them for much less. But in my opinion it was clean and a great play.

If it happened to our qb I'd wish for a penalty of course but I certainly wouldn't whine and bitch about not getting it because there's too much of that in this game currently and it's making it not fun to watch some times.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Well, looking back at the game, and the chaos on the carolina forums, the talks are on the missed helmet to helmet hits on Cam Newton that game, and it's cluttering the forum.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/forum/7-carolina-panthers-news-and-talk/

I'll effectively show some views that show some of those strong hits. What really irked everyone on the Panthers side is how everyone is considering these hits as legal.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.9d72ee768ac41d4e0950544bee9857c2.gif

View: https://twitter.com/chris6615/status/795403186370736132

That's the first hit the talking heads considered as a shoulder to shoulder hit. Of course, in real time it'd be hard for the refs to call in all honesty. But the way the media is talking it's an all around legal hit.

The second one, obvious helmet to helmet (Still was an amazing tackle though)
9TtQbp.gif

Head obviously bobbles back.

Now I know, most people who aren't fans of the Panthers would consider that Cam deserved those hits and blah blah, but I just want to know, if this was your QB being hit like that, would you consider these illegal hits? The first hit was subtle, so it's understandably uncalled, but the second one had Cam's head bobbling back hard.

Like what's really getting at me is how no one is talking about it, and how they consider these all legal.

Sorry to bring this drama to you guys, but I'm curious to know your point of view.

Sorry, dude but you can cry me a river...

Head shots? Super Bowl XXXVI... Watch it again and then let's talk head shots. Yes, I'm still pissed about that game...

SamMills51

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good points. I'm not ticked off about the hits, they were real subtle, most likely accidental. They weren't dirty, far from it in fact.

I'm just mad the media considers those legal, and how no one can tell what's legal and not. I personally feel a flag could be called for helmet to helmet on one of those.

I just wanted to hear from your perspective if they could be flagged in some way. But those weren't that bad of hits. I mean Cam isn't complaining, so it's all good.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not gonna find pity here brother. Cam can suck it. Man the F up and stop acting like a little pu$$y.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good points. I'm not ticked off about the hits, they were real subtle, most likely accidental. They weren't dirty, far from it in fact.

I'm just mad the media considers those legal, and how no one can tell what's legal and not. I personally feel a flag could be called for helmet to helmet on one of those.

I just wanted to hear from your perspective if they could be flagged in some way. But those weren't that bad of hits. I mean Cam isn't complaining, so it's all good.

If you start flagging those hits, you might as well just announce that we're not playing defense anymore. The game is already unfairly slanted towards the offense. You can't flag guys every time they touch the QB. I still am not seeing a hit to Newton's head on the Barron play.(if there was, it was because Newton ducked into his forearm) And Donald had to dive for Newton because he was about to throw the ball. He hit him chest to chest. The facemask to facemask contact was incidental to the hit.

I understand your frustration. That hit by the Cardinals player was 100% illegal. The Rams have had similar bad luck with our QB not getting calls. But today was clean from the QB standpoint on both sides.

P.S. I have so much respect for the guy you're named after. He was the definition of a football player. His death happened awhile ago, but it's still sad. Great man.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
on hit barrons hit in the slow mo cam tenses up a split second before the hit making it look worse

donalds was 51/49 in donalds favour IMO

suck it up cam

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I think the angle of the Barron hit in the first video skews it. From that angle it looks like helmet to helmet, but from a normal angle it looks like there is no contact.

Psycho_X

Legend
and how no one can tell what's legal and not.

And that's one of the main problems with the NFL today unfortunately. Just the last two years we've seen Keenum and Nick Foles get lit up by defensive players and no calls are made but one of our DEs brushes a couple fingers down the side of a QBs helmet and get a flag. Which makes it a frustrating game to watch some times.