Just curious for those anticipating a close game this Saturday night...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I’m all for confidence but a playoff team is a playoff team. Should always respect every opponent. Especially a team that just went to the super bowl. Blown lead or not they got there.
We can definitely beat any team but we need to play solid football and not turn the ball over. They have a solid running attack and that is out weakness. And Julio is a beast. Just hope we have a Seattle like showing.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Rams will stomp the dirty birdies, but the only thing that can go wrong is nervousness that leads to mistakes and/or turnovers. That and having Gene Steratore (spelling?) as the referee.

The Rams have done ok under Hochuli. We even won SB 34 and Hochuli was the ref.
That's reaching deep for the knowledge bomb...well done!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s the freaking playoffs. We ain’t playing against scrubs here. The Rams are not ‘clearly a better team’ when they have an 11-5 record vs a 10-6 record. The falcons went 10-6 in a division with two other great playoff teams. Why on earth are you all so confident?!
Looking at a one game difference as a reason to slow-our-roll, is a bunch of BS, friend. We threw a game by resting our starters in a game we most likely would have won at home. We beat the best "other" divisional champion in the NFC South. We should beat this team at home, and anything else to me is a blown opportunity.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like to beat my chest over the Rams prospects this off season like most of you, but let's reflect a little about this team we love. We are about to see our team in the playoffs (most of us) with a now ubiquitous HDTV at home, unless you are lucky enough to be there in person. The high tech for most common people back in 2004 was a projection tv maybe?

Anyway, I want to see the re-emergence of the Goff to Woods connection on that TV. I want to see Gurley get a screen and watch him turn on the jets across the Memorial Coliseum grass in playoff glory. I want to see Donald shed double teams for a direct shot at Matt Ryan, all day. We hopefully get to see all of our team play at its highest level in meaningful January games. How great is that?

Also, what the talking heads say right now is utterly meaningless, whether their comments are good or bad. It's what this team does on Saturday night, and all of the sports chattering class will have to shut up and report the Greatness they see.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I think it will be a close game. I expect ATL to use their running game along with short-quick passes to negate our pass rush, long drives to gas the D. Our pass coverage is somewhat inconsistent. ATL's D plays fast, and can cover well.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
It’s the freaking playoffs. We ain’t playing against scrubs here. The Rams are not ‘clearly a better team’ when they have an 11-5 record vs a 10-6 record. The falcons went 10-6 in a division with two other great playoff teams. Why on earth are you all so confident?!
Agreed. This won't be a slam-dunk, by any means. The Rams have what it takes to get the win, for sure, but it's just as plausible for Atlanta to really exploit the Rams' defensive weaknesses in the run game.

I'm hopeful, but also moderately to heavily concerned. By kickoff Saturday, I'll probably be a nervous wreck (but glad for the predicament -- it's been WAY too long).

Psycho_X

Legend
Rams are the better team overall. Doesn't mean we'll win but I don't think the experience thing really matters. They've played with everyone this season... blown out those they should when the starters play and was in every game to the very end. This team is ready for the playoffs.

But just in case, I've got a nice large bottle of this saved for this Saturday evening.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The only thing I know; this is playoff football.

All teams are tough, here on out. As fans, we need to be tough too.

Be ready for some nail biting moments, while holding onto the confidence this team can score quickly, if need be.

It’s the NFL.

jacktheripper85

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

See my original post as to why I’m so confident. My biggest concern is giving up that 1 huge run that has happened to us a few times this year. I think if we don’t allow those quick scores and make the Falcons drive the length of the field on most of their drives that our D will absolutely cause some turnovers. I think our ST are going to be huge in this game regarding field position.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We have a fully rested team, in essence coming off a bye week and are extremely healthy going into this game. The Falcons are traveling cross country on a short week after a physical game where they sustained some injuries to their key players.

We have the best defensive player in the game going up against a back up on the interior line where Ryan is most susceptible.

We have the best offensive player in the game going up against a team that has had a lot of trouble dealing with physical backs and backs who catch the ball out of the backfield.

We have the best return man and best punter in the league going up against a crappy ST unit.

We are home, haven’t lost 2 games in a row all year, annihilated the team we played after a bye week and have a better overall coaching staff.

Outside of the cover your ass “fanspeak” of “anything can happen on any given Sunday” banter is there any reason we shouldn’t feel confident about winning this game pretty comfortably? I know it’s been a long draught and some of us are “just excited to be in the playoffs” but I will honestly be extremely disappointed if we don’t win this game and win easily pulling away.
Just to Play "Devil's Advocate" :
* The Falcon Put together a Great Winning streak to make it too the Playoff's.
* Ryan has never Lost to the Rams.
* Every game the last 4 meetings the Rams have suffered Blow-Out Losses!
* If Julio is on his game he'll score 2-3 TD's!

OK!! That's all I can stand! No more being a D.A. ( Dumb Ass) We are going to Kick the Falcons Ass so Bad, They will be thinkingthey haven't felt this Bad since Sherman Stormed through Atlanta in the Civil War!!

52-0 Rams!!

jacktheripper85

Starter
Just to Play "Devil's Advocate" :
* The Falcon Put together a Great Winning streak to make it too the Playoff's.
* Every game the last 4 meetings the Rams have suffered Blow-Out Losses!
* If Julio is on his game he'll score 2-3 TD's!

OK!! That's all I can stand! No more being a D.A. ( Dumb Ass) We are going to Kick the Falcons Ass so Bad, They will be thinkingthey haven't felt this Bad since Sherman Stormed through Atlanta in the Civil War!!

52-0 Rams!!

Lol. Great post. Here’s another stat for you-Matt Ryan has never won a playoff game on the road.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Outside of the cover your ass “fanspeak” of “anything can happen on any given Sunday” banter is there any reason we shouldn’t feel confident about winning this game pretty comfortably? I know it’s been a long draught and some of us are “just excited to be in the playoffs” but I will honestly be extremely disappointed if we don’t win this game and win easily pulling away.

I have nothing outside that lol. But one and done are different than regular season and is very real. But if we do what we have been doing all year and Goff has time we will win going away. Wade's defense in the post season is pretty impressive too. With Houston, the defense stepped up in both years. In 4 playoff games with Houston they only gave up more than 20 points once. That was to NE. We all know what he did with Denver.

I expect our defense to be the difference in the playoffs.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
So lets just say hypothetically that we lose this game. Are all of you who are so confident going to take it out on the team or come to grips with the fact that the Falcons are a decent opponent? Given that we do get beat fair and square and not by our own doing like Sea/Philly.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler

Prior to this year, neither had Eli Manning.

And thinking back to last year's meeting/shit show with the Falcons, remember that Julio Jones didn't even play in that game.

First and foremost for this Saturday -- DO NOT allow Mike Thomas to return kickoffs. That should give the Rams a fighting chance.

jacktheripper85

Starter
So lets just say hypothetically that we lose this game. Are all of you who are so confident going to take it out on the team or come to grips with the fact that the Falcons are a decent opponent? Given that we do get beat fair and square and not by our own doing like Sea/Philly.

I’m not saying the Falcons aren’t a good team but some people are talking about the Rams like they backed into the playoffs.

We have the #1 offense in the league with the most innovative coach in football right now along with the most dynamic offensive player in Gurley.

When we limit that one huge run a game we have one of the stingiest and opportunistic defenses in football coached by arguably the best DC in football with a stellar playoff record.

We have the best ST in football with a handful of pro bowlers coached by the best ST coach in the NFL.

We are home, well rested and playing a team that had to struggle to get in the playoffs, is traveling across the country and had some key injuries.

I’m sorry but there are no excuses for losing this game the way everything sets up. If Goff was in his 3rd or 4th year we would probably be double digit favorites.

You hear from ex-players all the time that you need to capitalize once you’re in the playoffs because due to injuries and other circumstances you never know when you will get there again.

I know this has been a big turnaround year we as Ram fans are still trying to digest but when you look at our coaching staff and where we rank in all 3 phases of the game I’m not conceding anything

This team has as good of a shot to reach the Super Bowl as they are ever going to have based on the way things are set up so let’s do it!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have nothing outside that lol. But one and done are different than regular season and is very real. But if we do what we have been doing all year and Goff has time we will win going away. Wade's defense in the post season is pretty impressive too. With Houston, the defense stepped up in both years. In 4 playoff games with Houston they only gave up more than 20 points once. That was to NE. We all know what he did with Denver.

I expect our defense to be the difference in the playoffs.
The saying does go " Defense Wins Championship's" But with our present Team I just don't know if we won't Dominate on Both sides of the Ball and Special Teams!(y);):D

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I’m not saying the Falcons aren’t a good team but some people are talking about the Rams like they backed into the playoffs.

We have the #1 offense in the league with the most innovative coach in football right now along with the most dynamic offensive player in Gurley.

When we limit that one huge run a game we have one of the stingiest and opportunistic defenses in football coached by arguably the best DC in football with a stellar playoff record.

We have the best ST in football with a handful of pro bowlers coached by the best ST coach in the NFL.

We are home, well rested and playing a team that had to struggle to get in the playoffs, is traveling across the country and had some key injuries.

I’m sorry but there are no excuses for losing this game the way everything sets up. If Goff was in his 3rd or 4th year we would probably be double digit favorites.

You hear from ex-players all the time that you need to capitalize once you’re in the playoffs because due to injuries and other circumstances you never know when you will get there again.

I know this has been a big turnaround year we as Ram fans are still trying to digest but when you look at our coaching staff and where we rank in all 3 phases of the game I’m not conceding anything

This team has as good of a shot to reach the Super Bowl as they are ever going to have based on the way things are set up so let’s do it!!
I thought there were no reasons we should lose to Keenum, but we did. Nothing is guaranteed.

jacktheripper85

Starter
I thought there were no reasons we should lose to Keenum, but we did. Nothing is guaranteed.

I’m not saying we can’t lose-I’m saying we shouldn’t lose.

As for the Viking game I’d say we were beaten by ourselves-not Case Keenum.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I’m not saying we can’t lose-I’m saying we shouldn’t lose.

As for the Viking game I’d say we were beaten by ourselves-not Case Keenum.
I agree, we shouldn't lose. But I personally think it will be close.

We lost the vikints game bc both of our starting cb's went out in the fourth and Keenum started picking Hatfield apart who was guarding Theilon. So we kinda did get beat by Keenum. And then our D got tired bc our offense couldn't do anything.